Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Stepping inside where Shawn's using, the room is much the same with mine, only the painting of the wall is different. The wall of this room is painted with light blue color, and Pisces symbols. When I get inside the room, Shawn's body is resting on the beds, body straight. Dylan's head is resting on the edge of the bed, his arm draped over Shawn's waist. His hair is disheveled, sticking up in every direction and there's a drool escaping at the edge of his lips which makes me chuckle. Looking at Dylan, he seems very tired and exhausted about everything. I smile sadly.

Shawn's chest is heaving up and down calmly, and he's wearing a white gown. His eyes are softly shut. Trotting inside further, I see Dylan's eyes are shut tired, his brows furrowing frequently, as if he's having a bad dream. His head shoots up, his eyes wide as if he has seen a ghost or something. He looks over his shoulder, looks at me for a while before standing up and bolting towards my direction. His arms wrap around me tight, his face burying into my chest as he cries.

"Hey," I whisper calmly, hoping it would lift his spirits up, but to no avail, he just shakes his head, still crying silently, his shoulders shaking as he cries. I hate to see him like this. He doesn't deserve to be in pain when he just saved us all from everything. "He will be alright. Shawn is going to be just fine. He's an Aries, remember?" He looks up at me, his teary and sad eyes are piercing mine.

Shaking his head, he brushes the tears away with the back of his hand but tears are still streaming down. "I don't know what's that supposed to mean, but yeah, I know he will be." Dylan turns his head to look at Shawn's figure before turning his head back to me. "I just hate to see him like this. His situation right now scares me. I don't want to see him like this. Ever."

"Shawn will be fine," I assure him.

"He should be," he glares at Shawn. Despite the situation, we both laugh and his face turns sour again. He runs his fingers through his hair, seeming frustrated at everything. Scanning his figure, he looks like he hasn't taken a good sleep yet and I doubt that he has eaten anything. If I ask him, there's a high chance that he'd brush me off, so it would be if I bring him food. "He better wake up as soon as possible because I swear I'm going to strangle him if he doesn't wake up soon, even if he's still sleeping. We have plans. I just got him. He just got me. I can't lose him, Brent. I can't. I love him too much."

Surprisingly, when Dylan tells me that, I'm not hurt at all. Instead, what I feel is pity. Looking at them both, I see how perfect they are for each other. One completes the other and vice versa. They make both each other happy, despite any situation they are in. 

From what I can see in Dylan's eyes, I don't need to use my power to see how powerful his love is for Shawn. In a heartbeat, if the situation occurs, if he is asked to jump into a building just to prove his love for Shawn, Dylan would do it without any hesitation. 

He would risk his life for Shawn and Shawn will do the same. 

It's how love works. 

When they came along each other's world, everything has become a better place for them. Shawn loves the way Dylan is, with all of his heart and soul. He brings happiness to Dylan and Dylan brings joy to Shawn.

Leaning down and lifting his chin up, so he can look into my eyes, I say, "I know." He nods at my response, seeming to foresee what I'm going to say to him. If there's anything I've learned when it comes to dealing with emotional people, even if they already know something, they still want to hear it just because. So I'm going to say this to him, so he'd feel better. "Shawn loves you too much to leave you. Shawn is a fighter. Shawn is in love with you and, God I hope he hears this, he's so whipped."

He chuckles at what I've said, nodding. "I just want to feel his arms around me again."

"You will, Dylan. You will."

Sitting down on my bed, the door opens, revealing my little sister Brianna and my parents, who have a grim look on their face. I arch a brow as they walk inside my room, and Brianna runs towards my direction, wrapping her arms around me, knocking the breath out of me, and we both fall on my bed. My mother gasps, glaring at her daughter for tackling her recently injured son. Brianna just sticks out her tongue to my mother childishly as if she's just a four-year-old girl, which makes my father chuckle.

Brianna's arms are still around me, and I have to shake her off before she unwraps it around me. My little sister has been that way. She never really hides her emotions towards us, her loved ones. She shows us what she feels; whenever she's sad, mad, upset, and in love. Sometimes it irritates my mother because she doesn't really have to show how vulnerable she is sometimes and that it's best to keep it hidden, but Brianna is a hard-headed lady; she will do whatever she wants to do.

My mother elegantly walks towards me, her arms wrapping around me protectively, her lips planting on my forehead and a chuckle escapes my lips. My mother treats us always like a little kids. My father has told me that it's because mothers are so protective of their children, and they'll do everything in their power to keep us safe and as long as we're living, their children, even if they grow up fast, will always be their babies. I understand that, and I'd love to keep it that way.

"Are you fine?" My mother asks me, her voice is just as calm as the wind blowing past the calm river. She runs her palm across my back soothingly, and I nod at her. "Good, because I don't want to see how hurt my children are."

Chuckling, my father wraps his lean arms around my mother and Brianna and I look at them, happy to see how ecstatic they are to feel the love of each other. "Honey, I told you, Brent will be fine. He's our son after all; strong and just like me."

My mother giggles as if she's a teenager being courted by a hundred of men. "You can't blame me, dear. Our son got knocked off. I'm her mother, and it's my job to worry about his well-being. It's just naturally for mothers to be frightened when or if their children got hurt."

"Mom, I'm perfectly fine." I say to her, standing up and motioning to my body for her to see that I'm really okay and that there's nothing for her to worry about. She shakes her head, not believing me and I pout at my father, who chuckles at me. "Dad, tell her I'm fine. Really. It's like I'm brand new. The pain is gone. Nothing is hurting. My back is fine. I'm good."

Father looks at me with a horrified expression. "I can't do that. Your mother will terrorize me."

Everybody laughs, filling up the room.

Another person enters the room, revealing Albert Fercine. As his eyes meet us, his eyes widen, moving towards my parents to me. He has a small plastic in his hands, and I assume it's food. He chuckles awkwardly, apologizing if he has interrupted something but my mother beats him to eat. When my mother notices the food that Albert has brought for me, she suddenly has a deep look on her face, as if she's thinking why she never thought of bringing food to her precious son. I shake my head to her, smiling, telling her that everything's okay. Brianna tells them they should head out and clearly I have a special visitor. I ignore her comment but cannot ignore the look that is full of mischief that she throws on me before walking out of the room with mother and father.

Albert scratches his head awkwardly, looking anywhere but me. I chuckle, sensing how uncomfortable he has become when he saw my parents and my sister in the room with me. He places down the plastic on the table, taking a seat on the bed beside me.

"Are you okay now?" He asks me timidly.

I grin at him, nodding. "Good as new."

He seems contented at my answer. Silence fills up the room. He speaks after a few minutes. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For following me like an idiot," a smile plays on his lips.

"It's my pleasure to follow you, Scorpie."