Chapter 34

Chapter 34

I feel another presence, much powerful than the enemies we're fighting. Kicking the creature with a body of a horse on the face, the creature groans and I slit his throat out and green blood pours out across the floor. Scrunching my face in disgust, I back as fast as possible because the blood is spurting out, nearly hitting my clothes and shoes. My eyes scan the area, trying to find anything more sinister than what we're dealing with as of the moment, but I see nothing. All I see is dead bodies lying across the floor as if they're a trash that has been thrown by a kid, and a lot of blood. That's it.

Turning around, I grab a dagger in my back pocket and throw it at the enemy, who's lunging itself on my boyfriend and the dagger hits him right through the neck, making him fall on the ground, screeching and bleeding to death. My boyfriend looks at me, frowning and I wink at him, blowing him a kiss, which he rolls his eyes for but a smile is tugging on his lips.

As much as possible, I'm trying to ignore the darker presence lurking around the area. My mind could not be playing tricks on me. I can feel his dark aura emanating around us. But whenever I scan the perimeter, all I see is that we're on a war, and we're fighting for something we deserve.

The feeling never leaves in my body. I don't know why it makes my heart beat faster. I admit, it's out of fear, but I can't just let anyone see that I'm scared. Enemies keep pouring out, and the battle seems endless, but everyone doesn't lose hope. Reinforcements keep coming to aid us, to help us in this fight, and we never stop.

This war might seem endless, but we have a high chance of winning this battle. People, who shouldn't have died in the first place, sacrifice their lives for this, so we could have the better future we deserve. Lifting my hands in the air, I make a barrier to protect me from the dark shadows' black beads that explode when it makes contact to any object. As soon as the beads make contact with the barrier I made, it explodes right, releasing thick air and I guess that this must be a different bead they threw than earlier.

Standing up straightly, I focus my eyes on the thick smoke-y air, trying to make out anything but can't see anything. Shadows begin to lurk around me and I turn around, alerting my senses and putting a fighting stance.

"Shit," I say when a creature begins to lunge at me and his head hits my stomach, making me fall on the ground rather harshly and painfully. I groan, rolling over my back and whisk my fingers out and throw the creature who just tackled me. "Fucker." Hoisting myself up, I put on a fighting stance again and prepare myself from the unexpected attacks that they are going to make.

Opening my palms and concentrating, my arms begin to fly in the air, releasing a bunch of pink particles, hovering across the smoke-y air that is surrounding me and I focus on removing the fog-like air around the place. The air begins to swirl, creating a tornado effect and once it happens, I can see the dark shadows lunging themselves at me and I release the air again, whisking my fingers out, and they bolt right through them, making them step back. Continuing to make the fog-like air disappear, Albert and the other see me struggling, and so they help me, attacking the enemies that are about to kill me, and while they fight them, I focus on what I'm doing.

Jelai Thunderstorm flies through the air, striking the creatures with a body of a horse and with her lightning bolts, and she flies down beside me, putting a fighting stand and begin zapping enemies that are coming onto us. While she strikes thunderbolts, I start to throw weapons that are scattered on the ground such as daggers, swords, mallets, spikes, and butcher's knife (seriously?) towards the enemies.

Burning stars begin to fall down on the ground and Giovanni Maximoff keeps shouting "Take that!" to the enemies and I shake my head. Even the fight is big and exhausting, they still manage to smile and make fun of everything despite what's happening. "How about this, you motherfucker!"

"That's how he fights," Jelai comments, flipping her hair to the side, giving me a side-glance and winking at me. "He's a war-freak, seriously."

"It's pretty obvious," I comment, shrugging while chuckling.

We both duck when a dark shadows flies past us over our heads, laughing like a maniac and Jelai frowns, rising her hands up in the air and a lightning strikes the dark shadows down. I give her a thumbs up, and we separate our ways to help the others. Albert keeps releasing a bunch of blue fires towards the enemies as he runs after them.

One of the big birds lands on the ground with so much force that it makes me step back. I let out a groan and run after the big bird, and its red eyes stare at me menacingly, its hatred towards me so obvious, burning brightly. With its big and deadly beak, this creature could tear me out. The size of the bird is a large one, three times taller than an average man. Ducking away as the creature begins to attack me with its beak, I run to the side and when the creature's beak buries on the ground, I whisk my fingers out and control over its mind, commanding him to be friendly at me. The bird looks at me, tilts its head to the side and I stare in the creature's eyes.

The bird suddenly leans down and I smirk, throwing myself on the bird and riding the creature. My boyfriend yells at me just as the creatures begin to fly up high. If I lose concentration on this, the creature would be out of its trance and attack me. Grabbing its thick (and ew) dark fur, I brace myself as the bird flies. I just give my boyfriend a quick salute before the bird comes soaring high in the sky.

I then begin to attack the other flying creature with my power, whisking out my fingers and releasing a bunch of solid particles, hitting them on their faces, chest, and other parts of their body.

"Be careful!" Albert shouts from the ground, his face tilted high as he watches me. I give him a nod and continue to do my work with the help of the others. Jelai continues to shoot thunderbolts towards the other flying enemies.

Controlling the bird, we take a left turn and Albert throws a sword as high as he could and I use my power to lift it up, going straight into my hands and I begin slashing the skin of the enemies. They screech, howl in pain, and snarl at me. Taking another left turn, I stick the sword into the other enemy's throat and its claw hits me right through my forearm and I groan in pain.

The bird that I used my power on suddenly shakes, getting out of the trance I put him in and it screeches loudly and I put my palms over my ears, blocking the sound from entering my ears and I grunt, pressing my palms tighter and tighter but the screech still comes inside my ears. The bird turns around, making me fall on the ground and I scream.

As I fly down, my heart beats faster and from the corner of my eyes, I see my father using his power and to defy the gravity. Pink particles begin to surround me, and I fall slowly on the ground and when my feet land on the ground, I silently thank my father, and he nods at me. My boyfriend runs at me, whacking the back of my head and I shoot him a glare, and he returns my glare with his glare.

"I just told you to be careful, you idiot!" Albert says in frustration, stomping his foot on the ground. "If I could just throw you off a cliff for being so careless, I'd definitely throw you!"

Winking at him, which makes him even more frustrated, I chuckle, "Babe, I'm okay."

"Yes, you are okay. Thanks to your father!"

Some warrior are looking at us, snickering as they watch what's happening and I face them fully, crossing my arms across my chest and frowning at them. They all begin to focus on their enemies and start fighting them. Sighing, I see my boyfriend already engaged with a fight and I open my palms to lift things and throw them at the enemies. This is what I can only do for now.

As if sensing my misery, from the corner of my eyes, my eyes widen as I see a man standing near the dead tree, his back perched on it as a sly smirk tugs on his lips. He's the man in my nightmares. The man in my nightmares looks at me with an evil glint in his eyes, turns around as his smirk widens even further, then he walks away, disappearing into the air.