Chapter 39

Chapter 39

As the demon's blood pools around his lifeless body, I fall on my knees and stare lifelessly at the portal just meters away from us. My boyfriend immediately comes to me, kneeling beside me and rubbing his soothing palm across my back, making me feel relaxed.

Now that this is over, I can feel the exhaustion taking over my body. I'm panting hard due to the fight that I've faced. Though the battle didn't last long, it feels like we've been fighting for over a year. Albert cups my face, inspecting, his eyes roaming all over my face and to my body, checking to see if I have any bruises. I smile at him, letting him know that I'm okay and that's when he leans down, pressing his lips against mine and my heart calms down.

My arms snake around his waist, pushing him closer to me, him basically straddling me, and we continue to kiss. I need this. We need this. I kiss him like there's no tomorrow, like I haven't been fed for over years now. Our lips dance as if doing a ballad. His arms curl around my neck, head tilting to the side to deepen the kiss.

He tangles his fingers in my hair, tugging it and gripping it hard that makes me occasionally moan out against our kiss. With the tip of my tongue, I trace his bottom lip, and I make sure to bite it, wanting to have access in his mouth. Without any complaints, Albert opens his mouth for me and our tongues clash with each other, fighting for dominance.

The feel of my tongue inside his mouth is heavenly, and my head is clouded with unusual naughty thoughts for me. I wonder what his mouth could do all over my body. With that in mind, I become hot and bothered, pressing myself closer to him if possible.

His skin feels warm against mine, and it sends tingles down my spine. I'm craving for him; for his touch; for his skin against mine; for his kiss. I need him so much. My tongue roams inside his mouth, tasting every inch and part of him, and it makes my heart swell with happiness. I bite, nip, and tug on his bottom lip, making him moan out... and that's when he starts to push me away, breaking off the kiss that makes me groan out loud.

"Portal first, make-out later," he says breathlessly, looking at me with half-lidded eyes.

And then it clicks to me; we still have a job to do, and making-out in this creepy place is just way too creepy. Still, breathless from the kiss we shared, I throw him a smirk and peck him on the lips one more time before putting him down. Albert grumbles under his breath, frowning and I catch a glimpse of his thoughts: Stupid Brent for kissing me like that. I'll get back at him.

Winking at him, I put my fingers in his and hold his hand, not wanting to let go and I basically drag him where the portal is. We hide behind the ruined wall, slumping our backs on the wall and I peek my head out, checking to see if there are any intruders except for the enemies who keep pouring out of the portal like running water.

There are 6 dark orbs circling around the pentagon, each one sends electricity, like a power supply, that keeps the portal going. Looking at my boyfriend who's looking back at me, I place my index finger over my lips, and he nods.

"We need to cause havoc," I whisper to him, giving his hand a slight squeeze. My boyfriend's eyes light up, nodding his head at me eagerly, a smile etched on his face. "Your power isn't a curse, Albert. You may have a dark past and all, but that doesn't mean you're evil." I had this feeling before that he didn't like his power in the first place. When he gave me that withered flower as we traveled to the Zodiac City, my suspicions were confirmed. He thought of his power as a curse, but as I saw him using his power just to protect everyone, I realized that what he thought of himself was just plain wrong. "Use it, raise the undead and lash out. Do not hold back. Use your power to the extent."

That's what I need. For someone to stay with me even though I'm a mess, his words ring in my ear, playing like a broken record as I watch him stand up, his eyes burning with fire. What he needs is trust, and I put my trust on him. From what I can see, he doesn't really a control of his power. Some of it, yes, but when it comes to certain powers, he doesn't. Just like how the flower has become withered when he touched it. He needs a lot of trust, and I'm going to give it to him.

Standing beside him, I move a piece of a broken wall, and throw it on the enemies' direction, gaining their attentions. They stop moving, but they still keep pouring out of the portal, and once their eyes meet mine, they immediately charge, hurling themselves at us and that's when I nod at my boyfriend, giving him the trust that he deserves.

This is part of me being a Guardian. It's my job to let everyone know that what they have isn't a curse. They must think what they have is a gift instead. Everyone needs trust, and there's no one trusting you, and if you lose your trust in yourself, what you would be able to do is cause a destruction. No one was trusting Albert, but I do.

As the enemies lunge at us, Albert's body glows, and he ignites suddenly, blue fire surrounding him as he stares at the enemies with dark eyes. Do not hold back. Use your power to the extent. He has been keeping himself in the dark for so long that he never got a chance to enjoy life, but with me by his side, I'm going to make sure that he'll enjoy every second of his life.

Albert walks, and behind him, everything begins to implode, walls are collapsing. I walk beside him, using my power to lift objects and throw it at them while also manipulating them to attack their allies. Everything goes slow motion; the way Albert lifts his arms and opens his palm, the way he releases a power and a ray of black energy comes surging at the enemies' direction, burning them alive.

We feel like we're indestructible, as long as we're together. The enemies keep surging at us, throwing their weapons at us and I continue to use my power to deflect it. Turning around and lifting my chin up, I see different creatures jumping at us and I create a thick barrier around us, protecting ourselves from the attacks the creatures are making.

Yelling, I pull back my arms and extend it, gritting my teeth as a force blocks them, throwing them off. I look at my boyfriend, who looks so determine at killing them all and I feel a sense of proudness at him. He's doing a great job of controlling his power so far. He looks at me and a small smile plays on his lips, and I want nothing but to see him smiling every time. I'd kill just to see that smile of his every day.

His smile lights up my world than it already is. When he smiles, he's so alive and it's like no one could destroy him. He's everything that I need in my life, and there's one thing I'm sure of: I'm already in love with him, and I hope he feels the same for me.

We continue to fight, using our powers to the extent as we deal with each enemy that we face.

As we come face to face with the portal, who still keeps letting the enemies pour out, Albert and I share a look, and we both nod at each other. He trains his palm on the direction of the portal, and releases a blue fire, bolting. I use my power to cover his attack with the particles, thickening it and it swirls around the blue fire. The attack goes through the enemies' body, one by one, and they fall on the ground, and once it reaches the portal, it lights up so bright we squint our eyes in return, then suddenly, the portal explodes.

As if on cue, the enemies, who were about to attack us, fall down on the ground, lifeless and when I take a look at where the portal was, I'm greeted with the sight of the temple. Walking towards its direction, I glare at the statue and use my power to destroy it.

There, inside the marble where the statue was standing, is the Guardian necklace that I've been looking for. It's still good as new, and it still shines bright, and when I touch it, the necklace glows pink. Happily, I wear it. Albert smiles at me.

"You know what? I love you." I say as I run into him, wrapping my arms around him.

I don't care if he doesn't feel the same thing, and I could always manipulate that, but it would be good if we let the natural flow of feelings do its own magic. He hugs me, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his face in my chest. "I love you, too." He responds sweetly.