Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I can see Dave trembling as we fill him up with the information about Penthra Kaztala. From how she manipulated us to how she got herself killed because of her arrogance. Dave's eyes are trained on the old mansion of the evil lady, his eyes sparkled with something. I can practically see the gears working in his head, and I can sense that if given a chance, he'd go there just to check what's there. Well, I could tell him there's nothing there.

"So she was the one who put... Shawn in that state?" Dave asks as he whips his head to us, his eyes specifically trained to Dylan. Dylan nods slowly, a sad expression crossing his face as he thinks of his boyfriend. A small pain and pity bubble inside me, and I want to comfort him as a friend. Dylan really could use a friend right now. In his eyes, you can see how sad and hopeful he is, probably from what Dave has said that in Earth, he knows some people that could heal Shawn as fast as possible. Dylan is hoping for that and I know right there and then that Dylan will help us find the portal. "She sounds awful."

"She was, and really evil." Albert says with annoyance, arms crossed around his chest as he cranes his neck. I look over him, scanning him from head to toe and something flicks inside me. My eyes focus on his lips, and suddenly I'm craving for him. It's funny to think that before, I was just considering him as my little brother and now I want to kiss him with all my might. "She wanted authority over us. She wanted to kill Dylan because of the prophecy. She wanted power."

His brows furrowed as he explains everything to Dave, while Dave just keeps nodding, taking in the information that everyone gives to him. The little spirit beside him just doesn't care, floating around and minding her own business as she floats house after house, looking through the mirror to check what's inside. It excites her.

"But she's already dead," Dylan says as we skid to a stop. He brushes his hair backwards, sighing as he points his index finger on the house. "That's where Beige stays. Penthra, from the first time I saw her, I knew that there was something weird in her. I didn't like her in the first place. Not just because she wanted my father, you know, but it's something more than that. I guess it was my instincts that told me she couldn't be trusted at all." Dylan takes a step, lifting his hand up to knock on the door. For a few seconds, nobody answers, and suddenly a deep voice comes resonating through the door, telling us to come in. "It's us, Beige. Dylan, Brent, Albert and, uh, Dave. We kind of need your brilliant mind."

I move forward, turning the knob of the door and opening it wide. It looked like Dylan was not going to open the door when Beige has given him the go signal. He gives me an apologetic look and I smile at him, letting him know that it's fine. He goes inside, followed by Dave. Before Albert goes in, I catch his wrist, turn him around, lean down, and capture his lips for a mere second before pulling away.

Heat creeps up on his neck, cheeks, and ears. He shuts his mouth, lips slightly puckered and I resist pecking his lips due to adorableness he has. I give him a wink and a smirk, wiggling my brows, and he rolls his eyes, but I can see the smile forming on his lips as he goes inside Beige's house.

"Oh, I see the lover boys are here." I say, grinning widely.

Cooper's arms are tangled with Beige's, and their lips are swollen, indicating that they were having a hot make-out session long way before we even got here. Cooper blushes crimson red, untangling himself around Beige's arms and Beige seems reluctant to let go of his boyfriend but permits him so. Dave seems awkward, not really used to seeing men getting comfortably close with each other. I'm guessing that he's straight. Is he straight?

Both Cooper and Beige greet us, nodding in our way. Dylan gives them a smile. "I see you guys are publicly together now." He says as Beige motions for us to sit, which we gladly do so. Cooper nods, happiness displaying all over his face. His smile is stretched up to his ears, his hand finding its way to Beige's. "That's nice."

They share a smile only they could understand, but you can definitely see how big their love is for each other. My eyes drift to Albert, and he's looking at them with an unknown look in his eyes. The way he stares at them, it's like he feels sad all of a sudden. I take a step beside him, taking his hand, and he looks up at me with those dull eyes of his, but they are still beautiful despite the dullness. He looks at me for a couple of seconds before his eyes light up, and it makes my heart swell.

Albert's eyes pierce with mine, a small smile quirking its way up to his lips that I want to kiss again. I don't know when did I start to have feelings for him, it's just one day, I know that I do, and that's, like, earlier. Now I'm questioning whether it's only infatuation or just like, because there's no way it's near love, but if we keep this longer, it may lead to that, which I'm quite excited for.

I mouth for him that we need to talk. Confusion grows on his face and I just smile at him, mouthing to meet me up later. He nods, understanding me before he turns his head towards Dylan and the others. Dylan and Beige are talking, Dylan motioning his hand to the direction of Dave, who's seated near the edge of the couch facing Cooper.

I realize that I do not know a thing about Albert, except his name and that he has a little sister. Ever since we got here, never did I see him with his parents or his little sister, which is weird for me. He should be spending a lot of time with his family, considering he has been gone for quite some time, ever since he took the Journey. Perhaps he may have gone to them once or twice, but I doubt that he's been with his family for more than a few hours, considering that he's always with me, like we're stuck with each other.

"We need to find a portal," Dylan says, sighing.

Beige studies Dave, looking at him from head to toe and the glow in his eyes tell me that he's analyzing things. He tilts his head to the side, looking over at his boyfriend before training his eyes at us. He puts a hand underneath his chin, his brows arching as he thinks. "Hmmm... you were sent here just to find the portals that leads to different worlds, and you're from a place called Earth. You guys were trying to break into our realm, which should be in a different place rather than here, called Spirit Realm. And you're a Guardian as well as Brent." My head whips to his direction. Dave gives me an apologetic look, smiling awkwardly. I'm not really sure if I'm really a Guardian. It sounds like a dangerous work. "From what I can see, in my point of view, this has been planned a very long time ago. If what you say is true, I can sense that their first attack was to divide attentions. I think that was the very reason why we got separated from your kind. The Evil Queen used a spell to block them from entering our realm, and possibly, put us into this place. She was the one who made this Spirit Realm look awful.

"Everything is kind of making sense to me. If we were purposely divided by the Evil Queen from everyone, then there was another thing happening. Little by little, we're being ambushed. They were trying to weaken us." Beige says, looking at us with wide eyes. "And the portal... remember, before the war, we used a portal that led to the Pisces town? That could be the portals that lead to different worlds. Possibly."

My face lights up in recognition. "From what I remember, it's just near Pisces town. Just a couple of miles away. Perhaps it's a two hours walk from the Pisces town." I say.

"So what? We're heading back to the Pisces town?" Cooper asks, unsure.

"I think there's no need for that," Dave states. The little spirit hides behind Dave, her little arms going around Dave's neck as she rests her head on Dave's shoulder. "I think that mansion we saw earlier, I feel like there's something there. I mean, I just have this huge feeling that there's something important there. Perhaps we could go ahead and check?"

Albert and I share a look. "But it's full of traps there."

"I think it's going to be fun," says the little spirit, squealing.