Chapter 15

Chapter 15

The smell of my father's cooking invades my nostrils despite the door and windows of the room I'm staying in are closed. I roll over the bed, groaning and swinging my feet to the ground. Once my barefoot connects with the wooden floor, immediately coldness travels through my legs up to my spine and I shiver.

Running to the bathroom to check myself out, to do my morning routine which consists of a little dancing here and there in the bathroom while checking myself in the mirror, brushing teeth, splashing my face with a cold water, and humming. I always do those things back at home, and now that I'm with my family, I get to do those things again.

I grab a towel that is neatly folded on a desk table, which isn't there the night I got to sleep. Perhaps my mother has put it there. Grinning, I dry my face with the towel and once done, I hang the towel on the backrest of the chair that is pushed on the desk table and head downstairs. Reaching the kitchen while my father is cooking is the best decision I've made so far yet today, because when I get into the kitchen, everyone is in place. My mother is sitting on a stool, reading something on her notebook, and my little sister Brianna is studying her painted-in-pink nails. I chuckle, hugging my sister from behind and moving to my mother to give her a kiss on the cheek. I pat my father on his back, and he just groans at me, wanting not to be disturbed while he's cooking. I roll my eyes playfully and take a seat on one of the stools near beside my sister.

We talk for a few minutes until my father is done cooking. He has cooked a chicken stew, which we love very much. Brianna and I love chicken stew so much. There's one time that we fought for the last piece of the chicken and in the end, my mother was so mad at us because she didn't want her children fighting, so she was the one who ate the last piece of the chicken and Brianna and I have come to the terms that we'd never fight again. Once my father has prepared everything, he takes a seat beside my mother and drapes his strong arms across my mother's shoulder, leaning down to give her a kiss on the cheek, earning a teenager giggle from my mother. Brianna and I make a gross expression.

We talk a few things. They ask how's my friend Shawn and I tell them the truth. My mother's face becomes sad. I hate that look. Sometimes she's apologizing for the things she hasn't done, or control over. I guess that's what women mostly do. They tend to be so caring and all. As her son, I keep telling her that she doesn't need to worry, scared, or be sad for the things she has no control over as it would only frustrate her. My father sometimes tries to talk some sense into her, but my mother is a hard-headed lady, and she wants what she wants to do. It's nothing new.

After I tell them about the condition of Shawn and Dylan, I bid them goodbye as I still need to meet with Albert. He's probably wondering whether I'm still alive or not. Probably he's thinking of the latter. Before going out, I decide to get some chicken stew for Albert as he might be hungry. If he isn't, then I could always eat the stew all by myself.

My mother asks why would I bring a chicken stew when I could just go back here and get some. My sister beats me to it, stating that I'll give the stew to my special someone and my mother's eyes twinkle in anticipation. I shake my head, shooting my sister a death glare. There's no way Albert is my special someone. He's just a friend that I annoy so much and vice versa. Though he never really annoys me, but sometimes he creeps me out and if I ever take a look at it in a different angle or a different perspective, it's not so bad after all. I tell my mother that I'd just give the food to my friend who probably hasn't eaten anything and might be starving to death and the light in my mother's eyes slightly dies out. My mother would love to see me to be so happy with someone.

After I get the stew in a bowl, I sprint out of the house, managing to keep the bowl of stew in place and not spilling it. After a few minutes of running, I get to my room and when I enter inside, my bed is occupied by Albert himself. I smirk as I see him hugging the pillow that I've been using.

Placing the bowl of stew on the desk, I near the bed and shake him, deciding to wake him up. His eyes flutter, looking right at me. At first, his eyes are still drooping, and he's humming, deciding to ignore me but once he realizes that I'm back, the lids of his eyes shot open, and he looks at me, giving me a deathly glare that seems like a laser to me. I chuckle, making a peace sign with my fingers, and he lunges himself at me, hitting me on the chest rapidly.

I flinch, not fighting him off. "You idiot, where were you? I thought you were dead, you flirt!"

Despite him being angry to me because of my sudden disappearance, I let out a chuckle and grab his wrists, making him stop hitting me. His eyes never leave mine, and they are cold, which could make me freeze. But it doesn't. Instead, I warm them up with the look I share to the only people I care about. I used this look to Dylan many times. I still sometimes do, but this time it's not because I want to be with him and not to show him how I want him so much.

"Where have you been?" Albert grabs his wrists away from my grip and crosses his arms across his chest, his shirt is wrinkled due to sleeping, his hair is such a mess, sticking up in every direction. It looks like I'm going to be interrogated because I can actually tell him that I have brought him a chicken stew. I decide to tease him just to annoy him. I wink at him, smirking. He groans. "Oh my God, I can't fucking believe this. I'm done with this shit. I don't want to associate myself with you anymore."

"Hey, don't you think that's a little absurd?" I ask him, tilting my head, and he shoots me another glare. I shrug.

His ears and nose practically release air, and his face is heating up. "Absurd? A fucking absurd?" He clenches his hands while staring at me with so much hatred. I'm kind of used to it. "What's absurd is that you went out last night, didn't tell me as to where you were going, and I didn't know what happened to you, that's fucking absurd, you idiot! Oh fuck, I bet you were slutting around the town. I don't even know if that's even a word but I fucking don't care."

Chuckling to the word he used, he screams when he sees my laughing face and stomps his foot on the ground. He gives me a hard punch on the shoulder that knocks the breath out of me, and I topple over to the ground. The pain slowly subsides as I let out a groan, massaging the back of my head. Albert runs to me, kneels down, and checks if there's something serious happened to me. He looks at me worriedly.

"Fuck, I'm sorry." He mutters as he helps me stand up. Albert helps me sit on the bed and I thank him, smiling brightly. "God, you bring out the worst in me always."

Chuckling again, I point my index finger to the table. "I brought you a chicken stew. I thought you might be starving, so I decided to bring you some. I actually stayed at where my parents and little sister are staying last night. Decided not to tell you because I thought that you wouldn't care. I'm sorry about that."

"I'm sorry, too, for being an asshole."

"Yeah, you are."

"Because you are being an asshole, too. Not sometimes but always."

"That's why we're friends, right? We're both assholes."

He laughs at that, rolling his eyes playfully at me as he takes a seat on the bed beside me. "Yes, but the level of my assholeness is just a monster-kill whereas your level of assholeness is God-like."

I laugh at that, holding my stomach while throwing my head back, laughing hard. He grins at me, showing me his perfectly aligned teeth. "Nice description you got there, Scorpie."

"Fuck off, loverboy."