Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I'm bored to death.

While in the Zodiac City, my everyday routine is making me sick. When I wake up in the morning, I would check on Dylan and Shawn, assuming that they are fine since it's a new day, but they're not.

Shawn is yet to wake up. Though he's already in a good condition, it seems like he'd stay on the bed for a long time. I keep telling Dylan that everything is going to be fine and that Shawn would wake up as soon as possible; he just needs more time. Dylan doesn't seem to believe me, but he acknowledges it, and he would have this pained expression all over his face, and tear would pool in his eyes.

There's no progress.

Now that Penthra Kaztala is dead, we're waiting what would be our next step. Everyone understands that Dylan needs a lot of time since his boyfriend is basically fighting for his life, but we can't just wait. Who knows what we're missing.

Deciding to end my boring day, I jump off the bed and head straight to the bathroom, going to take a shower. Once I get to the bathroom, I strip myself off, leaving myself with no clothes and head inside the shower and turn it on, the cold water soaking and cascading throughout my body.

Albert smells great, a combination of mango and his natural scent, which is kind of intoxicating when I take a sniff. My heart does some somersaults, flipping and beating unevenly. I try to focus my attention on anything but him, but his scent lingers in my nose, tickling my nostrils, catching my attention like a bug that keeps flying all over my face.

Of course I try my best, but what seems to be possible to do, is becoming impossible. I was stiff throughout the walk to his self-claimed house, which is just a couple of houses away from where I'm staying. When I reached his place, just when I was about to open the door of his house without thinking to knock first, the door opened up, revealing a half-naked Albert and my eyes basically bugged out. When I was gawking at him, he was glaring at me, annoyed that he was interrupted. His hair was wet, droplets of water running down his chiseled chests. I told him that I'd get out of the Zodiac City and invited him, which made him look at me like I was just being a clown on him. He gestured for me to enter, to have a seat on the most uncomfortable chair ever, and I was forced to look at him as he dressed himself up fully. I was gulping the whole time.

His hands are inside the pockets of his jeans, his hair brushed up messily to the side, giving him a boyish and bad-ish look. He's wearing a dark grey t-shirt, hugging every curve of his body. A pair of black pants to match his top, as well as his usual dark personality. He seems cool, like he just doesn't give a shit about the world, but he does. When we fought side by side, I saw how desperate he was to win our battle, to fight for our freedom.

Perhaps there's a huge reason behind it, and I doubt that he's going to tell me soon. If we get to know each other more, then he'd most likely tell me the reason. Right now, I need him to trust me more than ever. His trust on me is a big deal for me; I just don't know why. Lately my cravings and confusions are happening often, and I always don't know the reason behind it.

As we walk through the opened and wrecked gates of the Zodiac City, Albert's eyes study the gate carefully. The huge gate is rusted, as if time has brushed it up with lots of chemicals. The smell of war, blood, and sweat have mixed up, green and red bloods are all over the ground, dried.

There were a lot of men who died in the battle, and one of them was London.

I just found out earlier when his mother was crying her eyes out to her husband, who was trying to calm his wife down but not succeeding. London was a great man, and he didn't deserve to die, yet he did. He fought, so he'd taste the freedom and feel what it's like to put your hands up without any restraints, without feeling like you are in some sort of jail.

He was so young to die, but he had a lot of courage.

"This world is so bizarre," says Albert as he sets his gaze to me, not focusing on the rusted gate anymore. Nodding my head, he shakes his head as he looks down to his hands, as if studying it. "I'm odd."

"You are," I chuckle, putting a hand on his shoulder, and he shrugs it off, glaring at me. He rolls his eyes, scoffing as if he's somehow offended. I mean, he has admitted to himself that he's odd; I just agreed to it. Should I tell him that he's not? Should I lie to his face? No, it's not in my vocabulary to lie, hiding my feelings is. I skid to a stop, realizing what I've told myself. Albert halts, merely turning his head to look at me from the corner of his eyes.

"What's the matter?" He asks, eyeing me suspiciously as if I've done something grave. I slowly shake my head, smiling awkwardly at him and chuckling, scratching the back of my head. Oh please Good Goddess, do not make me fall for him, I pray. "I thought you wanted to walk outside the Zodiac City?"

"Change of plans," I say rather forcefully. His eyes narrow at me, crossing his arms across his chest. I gulp, taking a deep breath and sighing out loud. "I don't want to walk outside the Zodiac City anymore. I just realize it would be boring so it's much better to stay here." I hate to lie, but I just did, for the sake of myself.

Catching a sight of Albert arching his brow at me as I turn around, I sigh silently and begin to walk away. I just need a few times to myself to think everything. Perhaps it would all make sense if I think in peace without anyone, especially him, around him. I leave Albert, who's left dumbfounded, now looking at me with furrowed brows.

I turn left without looking back, and once I do, I hide myself and perch my back on the wall of a house, putting a hand on my chest where my heart is beating erratically. I try to calm myself down, to calm down my racing heart but nothing is working. Peaking my head slowly just to check whether Albert has left or not, I find the place empty. I sigh in relief once I see that he's not around me anymore.

This is probably the dumbest action that I've ever done in my whole life. Straightening myself, I begin to move forward when a voice suddenly booms in my ears. "Boo." I yelp, turning around, wide eyes, only to find Albert staring at me coldly, looking like an angry man who's about to raise Hell. "Why are you hiding from me? Did I do something wrong?"

Laughing loudly and awkwardly, I shake my head furiously. He rests his hand on his hip, tilting his head to the side, expecting an explanation from me. I hook my index finger in the neckline of my shirt, stretching it out a bit and letting the air get inside. "Me, hiding from you? Now why would I do that, Scorpie?"

"I don't know. You tell me." He sounds angry, his face contorting into an expression that I have never seen him wear before. I see his hands clench while his arms are still crossed across his chest. "Have I done something wrong? Am I being creepy? Too close now? Just tell me. I'm glad to get out of your life, asshole. If you don't want to be with me just because you think I'm a creep, then fine, don't. I didn't have friends before anyway and I doubt that you are my friend right now. I even don't know if you were ever my friend."

His words hit me right through my chest, piercing my heart and making it bleed. His words replay inside my head like a broken record as he stares at me, from sadness to hatred. I take a step back, jaw hanging, as I place a hand across my heart. "Why would you say that?" It's a big deal to me. His words are like knives, running across my heart, ripping it into two. I clench my hands, staring straightly at him. His jaw clenches, his eyes burning with hatred.

"You know what? Screw you with feelings."