Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I can feel Penthra Kaztala's presence behind the large massive door that wasn't there when we first arrived at the Zodiac City. The tubes that we had used to get there weren't there. In fact, it had completely vanished without any trace. It would seem like we had just imagined the whole thing. Now I wonder what those tubes are for. What I know is that those tubes are made so you'd be transported, but I feel like there's something more.

When I see my family in the crowd of Taurus people, I immediately squeeze into the way, going straight forward to meet my family because I have missed them so much and I haven't got the chance to talk to them ever since I traveled the Journey.

The first one to see me is my little sister, who's holding my mother's hand, giving it a hard squeeze that makes my mother flinch. My sister's long blonde hair spills curly down her shoulder, her pale blue eyes that look like it's green when you take a look from afar distance shines and it could just light up the whole world. Her lips are painted with pale pink and it makes her lips stand out, looking full and puckered, as if almost teasing the men she passes by. My sister, whose name is Brianna Freya Matthews, is wearing a black top that shows her cleavage, but over it is a transparent dark dress that almost looks like a coat. There's a black button that keeps the waist of the transparent dress connected, matching it with a short shorts, same color with the dark transparent dress. Her long black boots, reaching her knees, are showcasing how slim and perfect her legs are, and the men that are looking at her right now are drooling. I can feel their arousal. The eyeliner that she has, it gives her a fierce look. The silver earrings that she's wearing compliment her face. I'm not really sure whether my sister would attend a fashion show or a war to fight for freedom.

My sister is just basically a Goddess; a heart-breaker who just likes to play with men's heart.

But that's always the contest in the Taurus hometown. Girls fight on who's getting who, and boys fight on who's getting who. My sister always wins. I never participated, not until I met Shawn and Dylan. Brianna lets go of my mother's hand and wraps her slim and long arms around me, resting her cheek on my shoulder, and she squeals as she buries her face in the crook of my neck. My arms immediately and automatically wrap around her. I miss my family so much.

"I miss you so much, brother!" Her sweet voice rings in my ear like a candy covered in lots of sugar, and her hug tightens around me, which makes me cough a bit and she loosens her arms around me a bit. My mother, who is a complete replica and a female version of me, runs towards our direction and hugs me. Brianna is my father's carbon copy. I let out a chuckle. "Oh my God, like, I haven't seen you in, like, forever! I have, like, a lot of stories to tell you but couldn't since you weren't around, and I was forced to keep those stories just because you weren't around!"

My mother glares at her, her brown hair flipping as she sets her eyes to Brianna. "Give your brother a break, Brianna. We've just seen your brother just a minute ago and you're now ready to bombard him with your crappy and flirty stories!" Brianna rolls her eyes and pretends to study her fingers who are painted with black. To be honest, I wouldn't mind Brianna telling me her 'crappy and flirty stories' because we used to do that when we were together. I'm protective of my little sister, and I want the best things for her. By telling me her stories, I get to see and hear the guys that have been waiting, or lusting, for her and I get the chance to protect her. It makes me aware of them. Taurus people are a bit manipulative. "How are you, Brent? Are you doing okay? Were you hurt before? Tell me, have you met any man here that has captured your precious golden heart?"

Letting go of my mother, I give her a small smile and shake my head, making my hair fall in between. "No, mother. I haven't." The lie rolls off my tongue like a soft and rounded ball, and there's a sickly feeling that is forming in my stomach that makes me want to puke. As my mother pouts her full lips, Brianna squeezes in again and squeals again. "How are you, sis?" My mother rolls her eyes at Brianna. I suppress a laugh.

Brianna winks at the guy behind me, who has a long black hair that reaches his shoulder. The guy is a Pisces. I arch a brow at Brianna. "I've been doing good, brother. Boys were just plain boring. They are, they are. Ever since you left, it's not the same anymore."

Mother scoffs. "Brianna, you have been telling your brother that boys were just plain boring. Even when he was undecided whether he'd like to take the Journey or not." My mother turns to me, her eyes, the same with mine, looking at me straight. "Tell your sister how monster she is. Those poor guys. I hope you get your heart broken." Though it's a joke, Brianna frowns at that. Parents sometime make horrible jokes. "It's so hard to believe that all of this is happening. I mean, it's messed up. The prophecy, we thought that it was impossible. But when those people arrived in the Taurus city, I looked into their head and found out that they're telling the truth."

Nodding at her, I look over my shoulder as I see the people beginning to move forward. They show fear, but at the same time, they are eager to fight for what's right and for our rights. Looking back at the past, it's hard to believe that we are in this situation, preparing for a battle that we may or may not win. "Yeah. I thought that it was impossible, too. But... it's not. There's a lot of things going on here that we don't know, so the best thing is to find out the truth. We fight for it." My father, who has greeted us with silence, nods. My father is always like that. He's never really the loud type of man.

My father puts a hand on my mother's shoulder and plants a kiss on her forehead. He looks at my mother with full of love, and I smile at the affectionate gesture. He hugs Brianna as well, and pats me on my back. "Let's go. War is about to start."

As we walk side by side, together with the other signs, my blood is rushing through my body, up and down. My heart is beating erratically from nervousness. I can't deny the fact that I'm scared and I fear that something bad would happen. But it's either we fight or we lost. It's either we get our freedom or not. It's either we see another world or be stuck in this dark world. Beside me is my sister, whose hair is flowing fiercely as her long legs stride forward. She looks like an Amazon warrior who's ready to go on freak mode and fight like a beast. My mother and father are doing that as well. I walk like a toad, not really sure how to deal with this. I've never been in a war before, so I think it's understandable. I'm trying to convince myself here.

Shawn is opening his palm, and a big black sword appears in his hand; from just a flicker of light and in a second, a sword has already formed. Dylan removes the bracelet around his wrist and places it in his palm, and the bracelet suddenly turns into a blue deadly spear.

As my family walks, and the other Taurus as well, they all release their palms out, and pink particles linger around our hands. From walking, it turns into a sprint and the Aries people are just shouting, with big weapons in their hands such as daggers, swords, mallets and other deadly stuff, justice at the top of their lungs.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Albert running along with the other Pisces people, and he has a hard gaze on his face. For a moment, I see his eyes flicker at my direction, but I could just be imagining things. He has been avoiding me ever since the kiss, and I can't blame him. I acted like a complete asshole.

Albert runs faster, and his eyes narrow at the front direction. I look up to where his eyes are focused on, and my eyes widen. The door to the Zodiac City is opening wide. What shocks me is that instead of people attacking us, it's a group of creatures that we have fought before.

And they are much bigger and looking stronger.