Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Just had a bad dream," I say to him as silence greets us. The air has become cold, engulfing me and I shiver. I rub my arms with my palms, shuddering. Albert nods, not saying anything. I figured that Albert doesn't talk a lot. We just recently started talking, after he decided to join us on this trip. I wonder why he didn't choose to go his fellow Scorpions. "It's frightening."

"I know," whispers Albert, staring at the empty and lifeless field around us. My eyes follow his gaze, and I find nothing interesting.  He looks at me again, and I feel sad all of a sudden. "I know when a person has had a bad dream. I usually have nightmares, too. That's why I don't like sleeping."

Silence falls upon us again, and I feel awkward all of a sudden. I can't really tell Albert. One moment, he'll be smiley and sappy, and the next minute, he would become a melodramatic human, who's dealing with anxiety and depression. It's no joke. He stands up and walks away, and I follow suite. No idea where he's going, I just follow him like a lost dog. Speaking of dogs, I see Coffee snuggling beside his best mate Browdie, and I smile at their sweetness.

I want to drink coffee. It's been a long time since I've had a coffee, and that was before I leave for the Journey. The crave for drinking a hot and sweet coffee is making my stomach churn and I groan out. Albert looks at me and arches a brow. I shake my head at me. "Just missing coffee is all."

He nods, still walking. "Why are you following me?"

"Well, where are you going?"

He doesn't answer. Instead, he just keeps walking. Looking over my shoulder, the sleeping figure of the people begin to fade away as we walk away. I stop Albert by putting a hand on his shoulder, and he turns around, glaring at me with so much hatred that I gasp and take a step back. "Go back there. I don't want you following me."

I glare back at him. "What's your goddamn problem? I did nothing wrong to you, Albert." I think it's the first time I have spit out his name, and he doesn't like it. His nostrils and ears begin to fume, and his hands clench on his side.

Black fires begin to swirl around his hands, and he shamelessly throws it at me, which I duck elegantly, rolling over the drought ground and once I get a hold of myself, I tackle him on the ground. As he's underneath me, his eyes have become more deathly and cold, and the way he stares at me makes me shiver. A presence behind me throws me off, and I groan in pain as I try to stand up. When I look up, Albert is standing up with a skeletal warrior beside him, and they are both looking at me like they want to kill me. As of right now, Albert wants to kill me.

Albert points his finger at me, and the skeletal warrior runs to me, raising up his sword and swinging it over me. I duck once again, punching the skeletal in his... stomach and I'm surprised that the skeletons remain intact. The skeletal warrior looks at me, mocking and daunting me and as he runs towards my direction, I lower myself down a bit, clasping my hands and pink particles form in between of my clasped hands. I throw it at the skeletal warrior and he stops for a moment. The skeletal warrior turns on his heel and attacks who woke him up in a deep slumber, which is Albert, and he swiftly turns around, waving his hand and the skeletal warrior vanishes, turning into ashes, flying and fading into the air. As he does his magic, I run towards his direction and knocks him on the ground, which knocks the air out of him and he wheezes out.

His fingers begin to move, and black and blue fire begin to form. I hold his palms, preventing him from making any magic. Our breathing is turbulent. As we stare at each other, I find him leaning up, as if he's going to kiss me. I'm starstruck. I don't know what to do. It feels like my own power is being used on me, and I can't move at all. I find myself closing my eyes automatically, and worst, I'm expecting his lips to land on mine, which never happens. Instead, he pushes me and I stare at him wide eyes. He smirks.

"You know, at the short time I've known you, I realize the only way to beat you is do what you do," he says smugly at me. I'm staying still, seating on the ground as I stare at him. The stare turns into a glare and his smirk goes wide. "I may not have your power, but your power is basically universal. It's a common emotion, a common feeling, and everyone feels that, even I. But I hate it. I hate you." With that, he walks away, leaving me alone on the ground as he makes his way back to the camp. He's playing with me, I realize. 

Emotions are off-limits. You should not play with it.

With that, I stand up and brush the dust off of me. I run towards his direction, glaring at his back and once he's within reach, I grab his forearm and turn him around. I lean down and capture his lips, and I find his lips so soft and erotic. He tries to push me, but I use my power to make him melt in my arms. I pull away as I feel him getting excited.

"I have that power, and I'm going to make you feel that common emotion and feeling every goddamn time." I say with malice. I walk past him, leaving him dumbfounded and with wide eyes.

It has been two days since I've kissed him. It has been two days since he began avoiding me. I'm beside Dylan, and beside him is his lover Shawn. Behind us are Damen, Daryl, Beige, Coffee and Browdie, Penelope - Dylan's best friend, and the whole people of Pisces. There are a few Pisces people who chose to stay at the town of Pisces. Their reason is to guard their hometown, so they would still have a home.

Running a hand across my face, I sigh in frustration as Albert walks away, going at the back. I know I have crossed the line, but he made me do it. He played with my emotions, and emotions are off-limits to me. It's like I'm being manipulated with my own emotions, and I hate that he pulled that stunt on me. Albert is so complicated that he gives me headache.

It's been days since we left the town of Pisces, and the gorgeous place called Zodiac City is standing perfectly still. Albert is not talking to me and still avoiding me. Every time our eyes would meet, he would look away and slow down his pace, until he's getting left behind and then he'd continue to walk again.

The Zodiac City is still giving me negative vibes, just like the first time I've been there. I can hear a lot of gasps and murmurs from the people of Pisces, and Dylan silences them. They all stare at Dylan with so much emotion; hope, fear, excitement, and so on and so forth. Now, the Zodiac City has a different aura; it's much more dangerous than before.

Dylan walks in front, beside him is his lover Shawn. Dylan stares at the city in front of us, as if he's studying every inch and structure of the city. At the back of the door, I'm pretty sure that Penthra Kaztala is waiting for us, and probably expecting for our deaths.

"It seems like we have arrived here first," Dylan mutters as Shawn encircles his arms around his lover's waist. He plants a kiss on his forehead, then on his nose, then on his lips. They share a loving smile and I look away.

"This place hasn't changed a bit," says Damen as he takes a stand beside Dylan. Daryl moves forward, staring at the great Zodiac City. What's happening inside the city? I ask myself as I look at the city. "It looks just the same. Manipulative."

Someone appears by our side and the first person to run is Beige. He runs towards his lover, knocking the breath out of him as they both fall on the ground, stumbling. Beige showers his boyfriend with kisses all over Cooper's face, and Cooper just chuckles. "We're back. I'm back." Copper says as he plants a soft and long kiss on Beige's lips. When I take a look beside me, the Taurus people are walking fiercely, and I have the glimpse of my mother and sister. They are walking arms in arms. On my left side, led by Shawn's ex-boyfriend, are the Aries people and one by one, we're being complete.

Dylan turns around and says to us. "Be prepared. The war will start once we step into that city."