Chapter 29

Chapter 29

When I wake up, Albert's feet are tangled up with mine, his arms sprawled out wide. A drool is making its way out of the edge of his open mouth. His light snoring is a music to my ears. He rolls over, his arm slamming my stomach that makes me go oomf, and I release a breath.

Slowly taking his hand out of my tummy, he groans and rolls over again to the side, making the blanket a huge mess from his rolling over. Shaking my head, I stand up, crane my neck and stretch my body. Sleeping on the floor is not recommended at all, but since my boyfriend was with me the whole time, I couldn't feel a single thing. Now that I'm awake, I can feel the numbness and the soreness around my neck and my back.

I bend down, kneeling and putting the pillow that I've used beside him just, so he could think that it's me. I have this feeling that when or if Albert senses that I'm not by his side, he's going to wake up. He needs a lot of rest. He deserves it. Planting a kiss on his forehead, I stand up again and get out of the room, leaving my boyfriend to sleep alone in the room.

This fixing of the house needs to be done as soon as possible. I wasn't given a power to move things just to keep it. It needs to be used somehow. When I reach the backyard, the furniture that we have washed yesterday seem dry now. Using my power, opening my palms, I lift up the cushion, taking up much my power. It takes me a complete five minutes to bring the sofa into the living room. Sighing out loud, it seems like I'm already tired for lifting a mere couch inside the house.

Moving things here and there – the rug, the desks, the stuff toys, two bean bags, I place them all neatly into the living room, making sure that the living room is not too crowded with things. By the time I'm done fixing the living room, that's when my boyfriend goes downstairs, rubbing his eyes as he walks like a zombie towards me.

Albert wraps his arms around me, his eyes drooping close and I let out a chuckle, patting his head. Using my power again, he yelps when he begins to float and I place him in the sofa, winking at him. He pouts and I walk up to him, bend down, and peck his lips with mine. He seems disappointed when I gave him just a peck. Invading his mind but not really overstepping my boundaries, I catch a glimpse of what he's expecting: a full-blown morning make-out session.

Barking out a loud while shaking my head, my boyfriend looks at me with confusion. I turn on my heels, not really giving what he wants or expects just to tease him. Sooner or later, Albert will make a move just to have a full-blown morning make-out session with me. For now, I'll just get things done.

Albert just watches me use my power from here and there, lifting things up, placing them in the best places in the house. Then as soon as he gets bored, he stands up and goes immediately to the kitchen, probably going to make a breakfast for us. I can't believe that I haven't prepared a breakfast for us. Such a dumb man, I am. Cursing myself under my breath, I continue to move things.

Once done, I immediately head inside the kitchen to see my boyfriend making up something: a scrambled egg, fried chickens, and rice. My mother must have stacked up the fridge with a lot of foods. I didn't really think that they have brought us a lot of food. But then again, they are my parents, they always surprise me with this kind of things.

Walking up to him with sweat clinging all over my body, I wrap my arms around him from behind him, and he hums, putting a pinch of salt all over the scrambled eggs.

"I'm going back in the Spirit Realm," I say, my voice laced with nothing but disappointment. I have experienced a life with Albert, and it's a perfect experience but it feels like it's surreal. I'm going back in the Spirit Realm just to help them restore its old beauty.

My boyfriend turns around. His eyes are hard, and his jaw is clenched. Albert crosses his arms across his chest as he gives me a hard stare. "Why?" His question is simple yet so hard to answer. "I'll join you." His tone is different, as if he wants to end the conversation with just those words. I shut up, not really wanting to have a conversation with a guy who is having a man period.

Kissing him on his forehead, I whisper, "I know that you'd come with me." Albert is really stubborn Scorpie, and he's the type of guy who always ends the conversation, just like what he did earlier. "I'm just telling you because in the first place, my plan was to hide it from you, but I knew relationships don't work that way."

Albert shoots me an icy glare, forgetting the scrambled eggs that are being fried. I turn off the stove. "So you planned on keeping this to me?"

"Yes, but I told you already," I whine, not wanting the conversation to turn into a big issue for the both of us. Putting my hands on both of his shoulders, looking him right through in the eyes, I continue, "Baby, I decided not to keep secrets between us, and I hope you do the same. Let's not make this a big issue, please." I kiss him on his nose, hoping he'd let go.

He nods, groaning and pushing me away. He turns the stove on again and begin frying the scrambled eggs. He moves to the other side of the kitchen to grab a plate and put the scrambled eggs on it. Albert places the plate on the table and motions for me to take a sit, which I happily do.

Albert takes a seat across from me, pushing the fried chicken in front of me and giving me one plate. I grab his hand, giving it a light squeeze and my boyfriend just watches the action, and then a smile plays on his lips. I sigh in relief. I can't afford for him to be mad at me. Lifting his hand up, I kiss the back of it, staring at him as I do so and a blush creeps up his cheeks. He flushes.

We begin eating and surprisingly, Albert can really cook. The taste of the chickens is perfect; it's perfectly cooked, inside and out. The rice and the scrambled eggs, too. I moan out as I chew the tender meat of the chicken and Albert throws me a smirk. I guess living on your own had helped him do these things, and somehow I'm glad for it. In the most part, I'm not.

"I'm going back on Earth, too," I say, shoving a rice in my mouth. "Check what's happening with Dylan and Shawn, then if you want to come, you can." Talking while your mouth is full will surely get you in trouble, especially if your mother is around. But my mother isn't here, and so I'm safe. But I could practically hear her yelling at me for speaking while my mouth is full.

As if he's my mother, Albert tells me: "Don't talk while your mouth is full." He frowns and I roll my eyes, downing the food. "Of course, I'll go with you. I'm always stuck with you, by your side, so wherever you go, I'm going to be there as well." He smiles, stabbing a tender piece of chicken with the fork and shoving it into his mouth.

Nodding at his words, we continue to eat in peace. When this all ends, I'm going to spend my life happily with him. Staring right at him, I can see how happy he is, compared to the old Albert I've met back in the Journey. He was so dark, so much negativity he had in life, and then this happened, which turned him into a completely different, whole level, person.

I'm just happy to have him in my life. His hands fit mine, and we blend in when we're together. We're at our best when we're together. I feel like we could do everything as long as I have him by my side and vice versa. Cliché as it sounds, it's like he's a missing puzzle and I'm incomplete when he's not around me. I guess we complete each other in a way we don't know.

An angel Scorpie, indeed.

"What, why are you staring at me like that?" He asks me, giving me a side-eye look with a frown on his face. "You're kind of creeping me out."

Letting out a chuckle, I say, "Nothing. I'm just thankful to have you in my life."

He flushes, nodding meekly. "Well, likewise."