Chapter 31

Chapter 31

There was only a time when I got into a huge battle, and that was when we were trying to obtain our freedom. Before, the fights that I was getting into were just a bluff — a program of our school where we would fight with someone just to test our skills.

But this is another battle that I'm going to. It's a requirement for me to go since I have a duty and a promise. If I could just stop all of these nonsense things, I would have stopped already with my power, but it's beyond my limitation. I could only lend a hand to help my comrades to fight.

Shawn, according to Dylan, is already fine and that they're expecting him to wake up within this week, which I'm happy for. When I saw Dylan all smiles, he looked like the old Dylan I knew when we first me. Looking at him, you would think that he hadn't been dealing with his nightmares and ghosts. I really admire Dylan. Even though his life's being fucked up by these situations, he's not giving up. Perhaps that's what I should learn from him. Shawn is recovering fast, according to Dylan.

"Great Alpha," the Great Beta, Perry, says as he approaches us. He already has his gears on and looks like he's ready to go to war to snap some necks. "Everyone's here now. We are just waiting for your go signal to slip right through the portal to Spirit Realm. Give us a signal, then we'll go."

The Great Alpha nods, his expression hard and jaw clenched. "Let's go."

With those two words, the warriors are slipping right through the portal by pairs. Their expressions are set, determined and hopeful. Grabbing my boyfriend's hand in mine, we trail behind the Great Beta and slip right through the portal and the world changes.

The calm and blue sky has been replaced with a bloody color, the place smells of blood. The drought is devastating, and there are tints of dried bloods everywhere. Bodies sprawl lifelessly across the ground, their bodies pale from the lack of blood. I nearly vomit, but when Albert rubs his palm at my back, I immediately relax.

The smell of blood is so thick and strong that it makes me want to puke again, but what's keeping me from doing that is Albert's hand in mine and his other rubbing my back. The action makes me feel calm, as if what's in front of me isn't gruesome enough to make my stomach twist.

"This place is disgusting as usual," mutters Albert as his eyes scan the area. The breeze of the air makes the hair all over my body stand up. Everything here is making me cringe. Marcus, who is another Guardian of the Werewolves, kneels down and slides his index finger on the green blood, sniffing it, and he shivers in disgust, scowling. "We were just here before, barely two weeks have passed, and now we're here again."

"Where are they?" Marcus asks, standing up and brushing his index finger across his pants. "Where's the fight? The battle?" He asks, his eyes hard and focused, his stance is set, ready to fight.

The warriors look each other in confusion, their eyes furrowed. The other werewolves are trying their best to sniff around, to see where the battle is happening, but even they can't smell because of the thickness of the scent of blood. The Great Alpha sniffs the air, frowning when he doesn't smell anything other than blood.

He tells everyone to move forward and surge the place and mind-link them when they have found it. We begin to move forward, with the others trailing behind me. This battle is going to feel endless, I can feel it. It's like the battle that I've been to before. I don't want anyone of us being killed.

The large crowd begins to group. Three werewolves are following me and the others choose to follow the others. The Great Beta follows the Great Beta, and they run off with more than six warriors running behind them. They shift into their wolf form, their clothes being ripped off their body and become shredded as they shift.

As we walk, Albert's eyes roam around the place, trying to find the battlefield while the werewolves behind us continue to sense and sniff. Slightly irritated, I scoff and kick a pebble that flows and hits a big tree and there are... shadows with red eyes looking at us.

There are feral growls behind us. I whip my head back to find that there are black wolves surrounding us, their deathly fangs are showing, and they're look at us menacingly, as if we're the prey.

"Rogues!" The warrior shouts, shifting into his wolf form and attacking one rogue. There are three rogues surrounding us and there are about four dark entities that are a few inches away from us. The two werewolves have shifted into their wolf form and begin attacking the others while Albert and I keep our eyes focused on the dark entities.

Slowly, Albert releases a blue fire in his hands then throws it to the dark entities. They immediately duck down and I use my power to keep them in place, but it seems like it does not work on them, so I begin to choose whatever objects I see and throw it at them. There are growls, paws pounding on the ground loud, and snarls behind us. The shadows begin to surge forward, lunging at us and their eyes begin glowing brighter than before.

Rolling over to the ground, I shoot another particles that distracts the shadows, and they all stare at me, their glowing eyes staring straight right at me and I begin throwing things again on them. They all dodge it swiftly, ducking and rolling. My boyfriend lifts his hand up, and the ground begins to shake a little, cracking, splitting into two and skeletal warriors begin to rise from the ground.

The shadows begin to throw something – a black beads – at Albert's direction and I run as fast as possible, standing in front of him, hands circling around the air, creating a barrier to protect us and when the black bead collides with the thick barrier of dust I create, the black beads explode.

"Thank you," he says, voice weak, his breathing erratic.

"Yeah, I love you, too," I say, chuckling, shaking my head.

"Forget about me thanking you," he says in amusement, eyes sparkling when I look over my shoulder at him. "You don't deserve it."

"Hey, don't be a meanie," I state, rolling my eyes playfully. This is not the good time to flirt and have fun around, but Albert is a kind of magnet of fun and mischievousness for me. He attracts those, and I have this urge to join him. "It's basically true anyway. This will lead me to falling in love with you."

After that statement, he shuts up, his cheeks flushing and I chuckle, winking at his direction. The shadows lunge at us again and I whisk my fingers out, bursting a bunch of dust in the enemies' direction, and they fly away with so much force. As I turn around, the other werewolves are still fighting with the rogues, and they are currently rolling on the ground, pawing and trying to bite each other. The werewolves on my team are trying to make damage to the rogues, but to no avail, these rogues look like they have been trained very well.

Mustering up a courage, because I totally hate werewolves who are so vicious and mean, I whisk my fingers out to the direction of the rogues, and they are momentarily stunned, taking a huge step backwards, and they let out a menacing growl. They start running in my direction when Albert begins to throw blue fires on them, and they are side-stepping each attack that my boyfriend throws.

The warriors lunge at them, the other biting on the rogue's neck and the other biting on the leg and I flinch. The other rogues attack us, the other one directly attacking me. The rogue lifts his paw up, slashing an inch of my skin and I groan, taking a step back and I push the rogue away with my power. When the warriors are done lashing out on the other rogue that has been killed already, they begin attacking the rogue that attacked me just a few seconds ago.

Albert stabs one of the rogue and the rogue howls in pain, making our skin cringe at the sound. Once they are dead, Albert immediately and quickly runs into me, grabbing a hold of my arm and checking to see the damage. He gasps and glares at the lifeless rogues on the ground with hatred, and he throws another set of blue fires at them. I stop him.

"Enough," I say to him, holding his arm and stopping him. He looks at me with a worried look on his face, and I smile at him. "I'm okay. We're okay. Come on, let's go help the others."

"But let's tend that first!"

"Nah, it'll heal soon." I say stubbornly, winking at him and he huffs.