Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Ducking as he swings his sword on me, trying to slit my throat out, the edge of his sword cuts a bit of my hair, which makes me glare at the demon. I open my palms and grab a hold of him via the pink particles. He struggles a bit, but immediately overpowers the power I have on him and frees himself. He snarls at me and I brace myself, bending my knees down a bit. I put my right arm behind my back, waving my fingers a bit, waiting for the demon to come nearer at me.

Once Nenavist is within my reach, I extend my right arm, spin around as he tries to stab me with the sword, I put my index and middle finger on his forehead, stopping him. The demon stops fighting, and his eyes go blank for a while.

With my power fooling him, I will have time to roam around his mind and discover his weaknesses. Nenavist just stands as if frozen. Taking a step back, I exhale out loud and turn on my heels, starting to run. Nenavist is really a powerful demon, and in no time, he will break out of the trance I put him in and soon he will discover that we're in his head. I have to be careful and faster.

I hope my boyfriend is doing okay. With my conscious inside Nenavist's head, in reality, Nenavist and I are just stuck, frozen into the position we got before we were transported here.

The demon's head is a maze, and it's dark. For a demon, his thoughts are organized. Hatred and other negative energies have become his best friend as I roam around. There are rivers, and the liquid that flows looks like blood and from what I can see, there are souls swimming on it. I clench my hand. I can see the people that have been killed, trapped inside. Even in the afterlife, their souls are being tortured.

Taking a step back, his mind structures become different and my heart races. The place I'm in is slowly fading, turning as if they're like gears. The rivers, souls, steamy airs, huge rocks, they all disappear and have been replaced with a dark room. The demon's head is currently working, meaning, he's slowly realizing that I'm in his head. I start to run, taking a left turn and the structure of his mind has, once again, changed. I look into my left and right, trying to decide which path I should take. If I choose a wrong path, and accidentally make him aware of everything, then I'm dead.

With clouded thoughts, I decide to pick the left path and start to run faster than ever. Accessing someone's head is really dangerous, especially if you're fighting a co-Taurian. They can make your life a living nightmare once they realize that you're inside their head. But this demon is not a Taurian, but he definitely has an idea how Taurus power works. He has killed a Guardian of Zodiac before, so I assume that the Guardian he killed had tried this method before. I just hope I don't end up like he did.

There's a door at the end, and I immediately run and my hands reach for the door and suddenly I've been transported into a different world. I'm in the demon's memory area. There are a lot of memories buried inside his head, which doesn't surprise me at all since he has been living for a very long time. All of his memories are nothing but scary and tragic and gruesome. He has killed a lot of people and other creatures, and he'll kill more if he isn't stopped.

Looking at his one particular memory that is placed at the very back of his head, almost hidden. I tilt my head and watch the memory plays in front of me.

The Guardian necklace is in his hands. The demon grips the necklace tight, and there's a hatred burning in his eyes. He looks at the necklace like the necklace is part of his nightmares, like it has hurt him. He grips the necklace so tight but it never breaks, which makes the demon frustrated. His jaw is clenched, and the body of the Guardian of the Zodiac he slayed is lying on the ground, blood pooling around him.

The demon kicks the lifeless body of the Guardian, but the Guardian doesn't move at all. He's just lying there, lifeless, with no hint of soul inside him. The demon turns around, smirking and his dark wings sprout from his back. He then soars into the sky with so much haste that I barely see him at all. For a normal people, the speed of his flight would look like a meteor shower, but I'm not an ordinary human.

With the necklace still in his hand, the demon goes to the place I've known forever ever since I was a kid: the Taurus city. It was nighttime, and Taurus people were heavily sleeping. The demon walked on the grounds of the Taurus city with no sound at all. His steps were cautious and careful. His arms were flying front to back beside him as he walked casually across the Taurus city, as if he was strolling across the park.

As the demon reached the temple – the temple that we didn't know what was the purpose of it, who looked so magnificent and glamorous, he stepped inside the temple. The walls were shining, as if it had been scrubbed a million times. The floors were tiled white. Once he got inside, his eyes scanned the area, but there was no furniture or such across the temple. What lied at the very front of the temple was just a figure of a man.

We didn't really know the man, but we assumed that he was one of the Taurus people who lived in the Taurus city for a very long time. We assumed that he was the one who protected, guarded the Taurus city from harm. We, Taurians, basically worshiped the man despite having no idea who he was in the first place. But we always had a thought: why would they build a statue or a temple for this man if he hadn't done something good?

The demon bowed his head down, bending, resting his knee on the floor as his lips moved as if he's praying. But from what I can see, his stating a ritual, and as the words slip out of his mouth, the man begins to glow dark. The man's eyes were suddenly glowing. Before, the statue looked like just a regular, molded figurine but now, it seems like the man has suddenly come to life.

"The Guardian necklace," the statue whispers, his voice ragged. "This must be kept."

The demon nods, standing up and holding out the necklace. "I deliver this to you, my lord." He says, his voice calm. "I assure you in no time, you will be freed from this. We just need more time to devise plans."

"Yes," the statue responds, his tone dark and creepy, and it makes the hair at the back of my head stand up. The demon places the Guardian necklace on top of the marbled block, and the statue leaned down to pick it up. His hand slips right through the marbled block, and I assume he places the Guardian necklace inside the marbled block. "For the meantime, I'll keep the Guardian necklace and no Guardian of the Zodiac shall wear it. Go, my children. Spread evil across this world, just like my wife did just before she was castrated away."

The demon nods and the statue has become stiff, going back to its old form before it came to life. The demon turns on his heels, runs outside, wings sprouting from his back, and soars into the bloody sky. He has an evil grin tugged on his lips.

My mind has become blank, and all I can think of is that all this time, the Guardian necklace has been buried inside the marbled block inside the temple. And the man standing in front of the marbled block, he's an enemy that we have ignored for a very long time.

The demon flies into the sky and heads to the Zodiac City. He goes into the patched thirteenth section of the Zodiac City, and that's when a woman, who looked exactly like Penthra Kaztala, who I assume Penthra Kaztala's mother or grandmother, appears. A man, with dark complexion and a thick beard surrounding his face, suddenly appears behind her. The woman nods at the demon and the man bends down, opening his hands and the muds that are patched on the walls suddenly split into two, making a pathway for the demon. The demon tips his imaginary hat, and goes inside the thirteenth section and there, he opens up a portal that leads to another dimension.

With a sly smirk tugged on his lips, he slips right through the portal and then disappears.

"Having fun enjoying the memories buried inside my head?"