Chapter 28

Chapter 28

After that naughty moment we had, my mother calls us to come out of the room and go downstairs. When we reach the living room, my family is preparing to leave. As soon as my mother sees us, she hastily walks over to Albert, gives him a hug, and kisses him on the cheek, which makes my boyfriend really awkward around my mother. He gives my mother a shy smile, and rubs the back of his neck.

"If there's any problem or issue, you could just come up to me and tell me," my mother says to my boyfriend, putting a hand on his shoulder and smiling motherly at him. "If my son is bothering you so much, please do tell me so I can whack the back of his head for you."

My boyfriend chuckles, which makes me frown. What does my mother mean about me bothering my boyfriend so much? I'm not much of an annoyance, am I? Albert nods, agreeing to my mother and I shoot him an icy glare, slightly hating him for agreeing at my mother. Immediately I receive a whack at the back of my head from my mother, who is currently crossing her arms across her chest. "Young man, that's not the way to treat your boyfriend!" She yells. My sister snickers. "Oh my God, why didn't you inherit your father's romanticness!"

"Dad isn't even romantic in the first place for you," I mutter, rolling my eyes at my mother. Earning another whack at the back of my head from my mother, my sister laughs out loud, unable to resist the urge to laugh hard. My father joins my sister as well as my oh so precious boyfriend. "Later, you'll get it. I swear you'll get it." I threaten, which shuts him up.

"Ooooh," my sister exclaims, looking at my parents suggestively. "Sounds like Brent is going to wreck the little boy later."

Albert blushes, his cheeks tinting with a bright hue of pink. He purses his lips, eyes wide as he looks at my pervert of a sister. She combs her hair with her fingers, pretending that she can't sense my boyfriend's hard stare at her. Brianna turns around, her hair flipping wildly with her as she saunters her way out of the house with her palm resting on her hip.

"We're going," my father announces, turning on his heels, making his way out. "You should come visit us often. We're just on the second section." I realize that my father is talking to my boyfriend, but my father never waits for the reply of Albert. Instead, he walks away, leaving mother with us.

Mother wraps her arms around me, kisses me on the cheek, and tells me 'to be a good boy'. As if I'm not a good boy. All my life, I have followed and abided her rules and now that I'm adult, I still do but I have my own rules now. For Good Goddess's sake I'm 20 years old now, turning 21 in one month and a half. My mother grabs my boyfriend's hand and squeezes it. That's what mothers do.

Sleeping beside him will perhaps be the best sleeps of my life. Though the bed is yet to be prepared and the other stuff, as long as I get to sleep with him, I'm sure the floor won't ruin our night. There's just a blanket laid on the floor and the pillows we washed earlier are placed neatly on top of the blanket. My boyfriend lays down, craning his neck before resting his head on the pillow. I'm sure that Albert is used to this type of sleeping; without a comfortable bed to sleep on, and a soft and comfy duvet to cover us from the coldness. We had traveled the Journey, and I think we got used to sleeping on the ground.

Lying beside him, I can't believe how far we have gone from the start. We travelled the Journey, found out that we weren't the only ones living in the planet, fought side by side with them to obtain freedom, found out that the world we called home wasn't really our home, found out that there are different creatures exist, and now, we're living in the real home of the Zodiac people.

We have been through so much that we feel like a rock already.

I wrap my arms around my boyfriend and push his into me, his back resting against my chest and I drown myself in his intoxicating scent. Albert sucks in a breath, shivering as my breath fans his neck. I plant a soft kiss on his skin, making him slightly tremble against my hold. Shutting my eyes, I feel him turn around and Albert starts planting soft kisses across my neck and exposed collarbone.

Opening my eyes, pushing him lightly away from me, I hear him groan. "Okay, okay. We shouldn't do something tonight." I say breathlessly, chuckling. "Let's just hold each other for tonight, go to sleep, and tomorrow let's finish up this house."

"Stupid house," he mumbles, his voice laced with disappointment as he turns around and fixes himself, preparing to sleep. Kissing the back of his neck again, I circle my arms around him and pull him closer. "Stupid Brent. You're so hot you should be a crime." Laughing, I tweak his nose and he bites his, licking the tip and I immediately pull it out of his mouth. "Don't make me a bad boy, Brent."

"I won't. I won't." I chortle, grinning from ear to ear. "Let's go to sleep now."

I let the exhaustion wrap around my body, making my eyes droopy. My head flashes images of Albert and I, my friends and my family. They play inside my head like an old filmstrips. So much has happened in my life, and I regret nothing. Now that I'm with the people that love me, nothing's going to be wrong.

Albert is my angel.

He literally saved me from drowning in an unrequited love. He saved me from a losing battle of love unknowingly. Dylan may not be made for me, but he said in his head once: Someone will truly love me; that person will make me happy.

Perhaps what Albert feels for me isn't love yet, but I'm slowly and deeply and painfully falling in love with him. I hope he'd feel the same for me. We got the chemistry and we are in balance when we're together. We make things lighter for each other.

Looking at him, I see his chest heaving up and down calmly, his lips in a pucker, eyes shut softly. He looks really in peace, not having a trace of a dark past. Now that he has me, I'll make his world more beautiful. I'll make his present and future amazing.

Tomorrow I'll go back on Earth just to check on Dylan and Shawn. Dylan has brought his boyfriend on Earth so they could tend Shawn. Dylan has so much hope in him that it never falters. Tomorrow will surely be a big and exhausting day. The Queen of the Shamans and the others along with me will go to the Spirit Realm just to 'cleanse' it. The Queen of the Shamans will try to restore the old Spirit Realm, and make it a safe place for the people who deserves second chances.

I'm not really sure if I'm going to bring Albert with me. I know it's going to be dangerous as the Spirit Realm is not really a safe place yet. Perhaps I'm going to make him stay here. He doesn't know yet that I'll have a mission tomorrow, and when he, which is eventually, knows that I'm going on a mission with the others without him, he's going to be so pissed at me. But it's for his protection. I don't want anything bad happening on him. He has been through so much shit in his life that I'm afraid he'd break one day and he'd never be the same.

"You're really something, Albert." I whisper. Albert turns around, sucking on his thumb and I let out a soft chuckle, not wanting to wake him up. "You're so adorable even when you sleep. You're a chaotic and cute little bunny. A chaotic angel. A chaotic Scorpie."

Running the tip of my index finger, I trace his firm jawline and his puckered and pinkish lips, teasing it. Leaning down, I plant a soft kiss on his lips that makes him groan and I immediately pull away. He scrunches up his nose in a cute manner and I resist the urge to laugh.

Kissing him on his forehead instead, he lets out a sigh and a smile graces up his lips. Entering his mind, I catch a glimpse of his dream, which is me and him fooling around, having a party of our own and not caring about anything.

Cute. He smiles in his sleep.