Chapter 8

Chapter 8

As I make a left turn, I have lost sight of Albert. When I turn around, everything is still in chaos. On my left side, there are a couple of lightnings striking down the land, on my right, where Albert has disappeared, is a couple of deadly arrows going back and forth. My heart contracts as I thought of bad happening towards Albert. Why isn't he with his family anyway?

Grabbing a sword that is resting on the ground near the ruined walls - I recognize the place as the bar Dylan and I have been before, a creature tries to put his fangs on me but I quickly duck, rolling over and sticking up the sword into his chest and the creature howls in pain. Its eyes stare at me with so much hatred that I actually feel it.

I ignore the look.

Taking the sword off the creature's chest, I roll over as blood begins to pour out where I deeply sunk the sword. The creature falls on the ground with a loud thud. Scowling, I turn on my heels and run, swinging the sword that I have retrieved to the left and right. Someone shoots star behind my back and I jump, looking at the person who has just saved me from being slaughtered by a creature with a butcher in its hand.

It's Giovanni Maximoff from the town called Cancer.

Smiling at him, I throw the sword behind him and the sword goes straight to the creature's throat behind him. The creature sputters green blood, which grosses Giovanni and I. He makes a face, and I chuckle. He runs behind me, opening his palm and shooting meteorites and stars everywhere.

"Nice to meet you again," I say through ragged breath. I can hear him chuckling as he bolts out meteorites towards our enemies. We both duck when an electric sizzles near on top of our heads, and we both glare at the Gemini lady who just gives as a peace sign. She continues to use her power to strike the enemies down, and that gives me and Giovanni the time to run faster without getting stopped. Looking over my shoulder, I salute the lady, and she smiles back, turning around and jumping, kicking the enemy in the face with her black boot. "Jeez, when will this end? it's too much of a fighting. I really hate violence."

We both jump at a big rock that is laying still on the ground as we run. "Get used to it for now. I think this will not end anytime soon." Giovanni says to me as he opens up his palm to shoot another burning stars towards the enemy in front of us. He gives me a side glance as he continues to shoot. "I had to fight my shy side and decided to stand here and fight."

Nodding, I remember Giovanni being shy when he first introduced himself to us. With a height of 6'1", he wouldn't be considered small. His age is the same as mine, but I know that I'm older a bit. Still, with his big frame, you would think, as a first impression, that this guy is a bully but in fact Giovanni is naive. I swear he looked like a kid being lectured by his parents when he was standing in front of us, telling us his name and power.

He skids to a stop. "Turn right, I saw Albert went that way. I think he's going to the mansion where Penthra Kaztala lives. I'll stop the enemies from bugging you." Smiling thankfully at him, he gives me a nod and shouts. "Go! I'll have someone cover me."

My legs begin to run on its own. As the time passes, my legs are getting faster and faster from running. Though it's getting numbed, all I can think of is Albert and how he is right now. My eyes are frantically searching for figure. I don't even know why I'm following him. It's just that I do. To be honest, I kind of became attached to him somehow and it feels like we could click. Like somehow we are connected. Jumping at every rock and objects that are scattered on the ground, an Aries guy is busy dealing with another Aries guy. I don't know who's on the side of us, so I'm not going to bother them. Though I could use my power to see who's on our side and punish the other. I decide that it's a great plan. I take a look in their head. Neither of them are on our side. It's just a two Aries guys fighting because they didn't agree on something. Sighing, I shoot them with pink particles, and they stop fighting. Grinning, I begin to run again.

Taking a right turn as what Giovanni told me where Albert has gone, I see another sets of creatures that are fighting with several Leo, Virgo, Capricorn, and Libra people. I decide not to help them as I think they are capable of handling themselves. Damn, Albert is making me think irrational.

Passing swiftly, I begin to run again and at the far end of the road, I see Penthra Kaztala's mansion standing perfectly still. With its walls like it has been polished with gold and the arches that glisten, Penthra has made herself a house where she would feel comfortable despite what she has done. The house gives me a different feeling, a strange vibe that surrounds the place. It's like I'm staring right at Hell, where souls are being tortured and people are being killed mercilessly. Narrowing my eyes, I see Albert fighting with some creatures together with his minions. He seems determined to get into the evil's house. With the thought of joining him, I begin to run again and decide that I'll help him out.

As soon as I arrive there, Albert looks at me with wide eyes, surprised that I followed him here. He squints his eyes at me suspiciously and I just shrug, smirking widely. I push him when an ugly monster decides to attack him, trying to slash his pointy claws at Albert. In rage, I pick up a sword and sink it deeply towards the creature's abdomen. The creature sputters blood, right across my shirt, and I sink the sword deeper. As soon as the creature is dead, I pick up the sword rather harshly and stare at my drenched with green blood shirt.

"Great," I mutter to myself.

Lifting himself up, Albert looks at me with amusement swimming in his eyes and I roll my eyes at him. He chuckles, shaking his head. "Idiot." Though it comes out a whisper, I still hear it and shoot him a deathly glare. He throws his head back, laughing his ass off. I slash one of the creature's throat as he runs towards our direction, my eyes still focused on Albert. "God, look at you; you're dirty."

"You like me dirty,"

He shuts up. I smirk wickedly at him. "Whatever." He replies, turning around and going straight to Penthra Kaztala's house. I follow him through, running beside him. I match his pace, so I could keep up with his fast walking, but it seems like he's basically bolting out from me. "Why are you here though? You're not supposed to be here."

"Neither are you," I counter back. Rolling his eyes, once we're standing in front of the huge massive oak door, Albert looks at me with his dark and cold eyes; in it is fear that I can see. Putting a hand on his shoulder, I give it a light squeeze and smile down on him, earning myself a beautiful smile from him. "I'm here to help you. Whatever mission you have right now, I'm in."

Taking a deep breath, Albert lifts his arm, putting his palm on the silver knob of the door. He shivers, as if finding the object he's holding cold. He turns the knob, twisting it slowly and there's a click behind the door, and as Albert opens the door wide slowly, we're greeted with an eerie silence. He opens the door wide for us to enter, and when we do, I find everything here strange. It's like nothing has lived here in this house for a very long time.

There are cobwebs forming on the corners, and in front of us is a long narrow, dim-lit hallway that leads to what I assume is the living room. The floor is carpeted with fluffy red carpet, and on the walls are the torches that aren't lit up. Albert begins to move, taking each step carefully as his eyes roam around the house, jaw hanging as he takes in. The detail of the house is almost perfect and if you look at the house in a different point of view, you'd see that this house has been taken care off for a while before someone left it.

"This place is kind of awesome," says Albert in awe.

"You say that because you like dark things," I chortle, my voice echoing throughout the hallway. Albert shoots me a glare. "What? It's true, isn't it? I wonder if you like me dark at all."

"Shut up, Matthews."