Chapter 22

Chapter 22

When Dave finds the portals, he immediately slips right into it with happiness you can't even deny. His smile is stretched up to his ears, and you can feel how happy he is that he has already found the portals, which means his mission is already done.

As he slips inside the portal, Beige, Albert, Dylan and I share a look; we all display a face of surprise. We stand there, eyes trained on the portal where Dave slipped through and I take the first initiative step, following Dave. Before I slip through, the portal is shaped an oval; the edges are made of woods, and there are words engraved on it but it's on a different language, I guess. At the top, it's written Shaman.

I follow Dave by entering the portal.

I'm greeted with such beautiful view that makes every hair on my body stand up. The sky is blue, full of serenity. The blow of the wind is perfect, cooling my skin and a sigh escapes my lips. This is what home feels like.

There are four gold – or a pale gold? – pillars on each corner of the place. There are trees surrounding us, brushing past them. In the center is a big silver metal, spiraling towards the sky, its end sinking deep in the ground. The people that got a chance to live here are so lucky. If only Zodiac City, or our world, were like this, I'd never plan to leave at all.

Dylan, Albert, and Beige are behind me and when I turn around, they have the same expression as mine when I first saw the place. But it's... disappearing slowly.

"Wait here," I tell them, and they all look at me with confusion etched on their face. I slip right back through the portal, going back to the world I have lived for 20 years. There must be something here that will trigger the portals to stay open. There must be. Moving forward to the hardbound book, I flip the pages again, frantically searching for a way to help me understand the portals more. If I'm really a Guardian like what Dave and that creepy man in my dream always say – and as I always feel for myself that I'm a Guardian, there must be something that I can do to help them, right? My eyes skim over the words, probably written by the Guardian of Angels as I see his name inked on the bottom part of the pages. "Gotcha."

For a portal to stay open, it needs a droplet of blood – a blood of a full born – spread across the edges of the portal.

I slip right through the portal again and when I get there, there are other people with Dylan. They all have a staff, and they're talking with Albert and the others. I run towards them. Panting, I say, "It needs a droplet of blood in order for the portal to stay open. A blood of a full born."

The woman with a red robe, hood off, with a wooden staff, a red orb placed on the top, walks elegantly, her dress flowing freely and full of grace as she walks towards the slowly disappearing portal. Her aura screams power and superiority, but that never allures me.

The woman slips right through the portal, and we wait for her for a couple of minutes before the portal releases a blue smoke that flows right in the air. The portal appears to be bigger, making a cackling and sizzling sound for a full minute before it stops. The full of grace woman goes back with a smile plastered across her face. "It's done. The portal will stay and will never disappear. Just like the old times." She says, her voice is calm and sweet. She stares at us with her red eyes, making me shiver. "Dorothy, please send men to guard the portal. Please ensure that no one enters to the portal as we are yet to discuss this matter. And you guys, please follow me and we'll have a talk. We need your help just as much as we need yours."

"Yes, Queen Shedia." The girl with a black hair and a round baby blue eyes says.

So this woman full of grace is a Queen. That explains why. As if sensing my reaction, she chuckles and I bow down awkwardly, making her laugh. She motions for us to follow her and we oblige. Dylan trails behind the Queen, followed by Beige, followed by Albert and I.

I take Albert's hand in mine and smile at him, which makes him blush and frown at me at the same time. There are times that I just want to pinch his cheeks because of his cuteness and there are times that I want to kiss him because of how adorable he always looks. And mostly, it's a struggle for me to decide which is which I want to do first and this has been happening lately.

Leaning down, I kiss him on his cheek, which makes him put a palm on his cheek and he displays a shock expression, mouth agape as he stares at me. He glares at me, and I match it with mine. I'm not going to back down. I'm going to do those things to him whether he likes it or not. Damn him for making me like this. Ever since I got comfortable with him, I have noticed that I've slightly changed.

I just don't know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. But as long as I get to those things that I always imagine with him, then I wouldn't care thinking about whether if I have changed for good or bad. I lean down again, and he puts his hand on my face, stopping me from kissing him again.

I give him a death glare and grab his wrist and shove it away, continuing to lean down to kiss him again on his cheek. He throws his head backwards slightly and I frown at his action. I put my palm at the back of his neck and push him forward, capturing his lips with mine rather than his cheek. I let go immediately though I just want to ravish his lips day and night without stopping. He blushes like a mad man, heat travelling from his neck to his cheeks to his ears. I chuckle, satisfied with his reaction. I wink at him.

I bend down just a bit, so I can whisper in his ear. "Get used to my antics because I will be all over you."

Albert shivers upon hearing my voice and stares at me with wide eyes. I turn my attention on the Queen, not looking at Albert. From the corner of my eyes, I see how red his neck and cheek and ear are and I suppress a chuckle. I sling my arm over his shoulders, pushing him into me. Albert tries to pry my arm off of him and I push him closer. Of course, I want him to be closer with me.

It's a castle.

The Queen has a castle.

My mouth forms an 'O' as I look towards the castle that is standing in front of me. Upon looking at my friends and Albert, I see that I'm not the only who has a mouth agape upon staring at the castle. This looks like a fairy tale to me. With Albert being with me, Dave finding the portal, and us finally being free, everything feels surreal.

Albert tightens his hold on me and I look at him. He's looking at me with a smile tugged on his lips and my heart swells at the sight. I want him to look at me with a smile always. I feel my world reconstruct as his smile gets wider as he looks at me with those beautiful eyes of his. I skid to a stop, still holding his hand out. The beat of my heart rings in my ears, getting louder and louder as each seconds ticks by.

My eyes focus on his pursed lips. I lean down slowly, staring at him as I do so. He blushes slightly and I smile at him, continuing on leaning down and in a matter of seconds, my lips connect with his and I feel everything inside me explodes; from the butterflies fluttering wildly inside my stomach to my heart constricting due to the feeling that I'm having, it's euphoric. I feel like I'm on a cloud nine as our lips lock with such passion and intensity.

Albert's hand flies into my hair, gripping it, making me moan against our kiss and I tilt my head, deepening the kiss. I rest my hand at the small of his back, pushing him into me because, really, I can't get enough of him. God, he feels so good on me. I just want to be stuck with him forever.

Before the kiss can get any more heated, I pull away, breathless from the kiss we shared.

I rest my forehead against his, panting hard. He does the same. Before anyone interrupts us, I ask him, "Albert Fercine, would you mind being my boyfriend, please?"