Chapter 33

Chapter 33

The war is still ongoing. Reinforcements keep coming. Some warriors are tired, and dead. The Great Alpha, Marcus, and the Great Beta are still standing strong, growling and snarling and gnawing on their enemies, letting everyone know that they are the most superior creatures here.

Tired from overusing my power, my boyfriend wraps his arm around my waist and drapes my arm across his shoulder, letting me lean on him. I smile, thanking him, and he just brushes me off, muttering how dumb I am and I roll my eyes at him.

"You told me I'm stubborn," he says, putting me down on the ground as soft as a feather, "but you're the most stubborn person I've ever met," he continues, rolling his eyes at me.

I smirk, throwing him a wink. "So it's a tie then?"

He scoffs, as if he can't believe that I'm still joking. He hits me lightly on my arm and I feign hurt, scrunching up my face like I'm hurt, blinking my eyes at him and pouting my lips on him. He rolls his eyes again (and I swear too much rolling eyes will make your eyes pop out of your eye sockets) at me but a playful smile makes its way across his sinful and luscious lips.

Albert studies me, from head to toe, his eyes landing on my arm, where the skin has been slashed. The blood has dried out, but his eyes never leave the wound. His gaze hardens, as if he's angry and I cup his face, making him look at me. I catch a glimpse of his mind, and I see that he kind of blames himself on this, which is not his fault.

Resting my forehead against his, I murmur that it's not his fault; that he'll never inflict pain on me and that makes him smile. Pulling myself away from him, I stand up and Albert stops me, holding onto my wrist. I arch a brow at him, and he stands up beside me.

"Are you still okay?" he asks me, looking at me with a worried look.

I nod at him, placing a small kiss on his lips. I totally forgot about the puking thing, but Albert never scrunches up his face in disgust. For a person that has a power that has got to do with minds, I think I'm dumb. "I'm okay. They are fighting nonstop, so why should we?"

Smirking at him, I give him a nod and together we both run towards our comrades. With the warriors flinging their weapons towards the enemies' direction, I open my palms, ready to use my power to attack the enemies. Albert opens up his palm and on top of his palm, blue fire dances, as if they're doing a ballad and when he sees me looking, he gives me a playful wink, and I make a face at him.

They are not stopping. Enemies keep pouring out like an endless flow of the water in the river. Across the sky, the birds are still flying, screeching loudly and spells, casted by the Shamans, Enchanters, and other magic wielders, keep shooting everywhere in the sky. Thunder strikes the birds, and they fall on the ground with a loud thud. Looking over my shoulder, another troops have come to aid us.

I recognize some faces. They are the Zodiac people. They are being led by our leader and my buddy Dylan, he points his index finger towards the enemies' direction and yells. The zodiac people run, yelling and I see Jelai Thunsderstorm flying in the air, using his index finger to strike the enemies with her thunderbolts.

Cooper and Beige are also here, with a sword on their hands, Beige frequently using his power to sprout out vines to wrap around the enemies' feet, making them stop and tangled. Cooper keeps slashing, swishing, and stabbing our foes.

Bright stars come hurling across the sky, and I know right then and there that it comes from Giovanni Maximoff and his team from Cancer. With a man by his side, Ivan – the old rival of Dylan for the love of Shawn, bends his knees a bit and clasps his hands, his motions are in synced with the man by his side – and I know that he's already in love, and together, they both open their palms up and the water comes slushing towards the enemies, soaking them up. Dylan freezes them up.

I grin. It feels like the old days when we were travelling through the Journey. Albert and I share a look and together we run and when we reach, Dylan tips his imaginary hat and winks at me. I laugh, rolling my eyes at him. This really feels like the old days, except London Fern – a guy from Virgo who could manipulate Earth – is gone.

Cole Dapper, Fiero, and the other Leo people are firing fires here and there, burning our enemies and I see Fiero has this grin on his face that is so wicked. He hasn't really changed much. After getting in a fight with Dylan, I was so pissed at him. But really, who would have thought that Dylan and him would get a long and became friends? Well, sort of.

Mia Firefly and Kimberly are leading their Sagittarius team and together, they are shooting glowing arrows – and some are burning arrows – towards the enemies. It makes a sound as it whirls in the air, going straight right through the enemies' chest, and they fall down on the ground.

Matthews and the other Aries people, with their swords in their hands, and they are holding it like it's just a kid's toys, come running after the enemies. Their jaws are clenched and their gazes are hard. They look like they are on a killing-free. To all the people that are here, Aries people are the fiercest. They charge without even thinking of any back-up plan. I catch a glimpse of their minds, and all they want is blood of their enemies in their hands. I guess it's their nature to just go in a fight recklessly. Just like Shawn.

Just looking at them, I can see the love they put into this battle. They are fighting with us, but they have a bigger reason. I can feel it, and suddenly, I'm looking at the surrounding people. The love they have when they fight, everything around me becomes a slow motion. Everybody moves so slowly. I look at my boyfriend and I see how determined he is, and I can hear the faint beating of his heart.

I may not have your power, but your power is basically universal. It's a common emotion, a common feeling, and everyone feels that, even I, my boyfriend's words ring in my ears like a giant bell and I place a hand on my chest where my heart lies, beating faintly. Remembering my mother's words, they replay inside my head, glowing in neon: We fight for something we think we deserve to have. Even though it's stupid, we fight. It always leads to this reason: love. There are many kinds of love. It's neither good nor bad, but it depends on the person who wields that power. Even though we have the authority over that feeling, we feel the natural flow of it, and it urges us to fight. Look the surrounding people, open your eyes, people do things for love, even if it's just a small act. Even if it's a selfish act, they will do it just for love.

Just like the angels they are, my mother and sister come into view, wielding magic and throwing things. My sister, as fashionable as ever, is wearing a white skirt and a maroon t-shirt that hugs her curves perfectly. Her hair is in a loose, cascading down freely her shoulders. She swiftly and elegantly turns around and blows a kiss towards the enemy she's facing and suddenly, the enemy is mesmerized by her actions and stops for a while. My sister then stabs a sword in the enemy's stomach and the enemy, getting out of the trance, howls in pain, kneels down, and falls on the ground. She sees me and gives me a wink.

My father is a helluva fighter. He rarely uses his powers. He just kicks, uses his sword to tear his opponents open, and his combat skills. The only time he uses his power is just to make the enemies back off a bit, so he could have more time.

Grinning at myself, I run and place my back against my boyfriend's and together we fight.

Perhaps I'm doing this, so I could be with my boyfriend without anyone interrupting us. Perhaps I'm on this fight because I want to have a better future with my boyfriend. Perhaps I'm doing this in the name of love. I know I'm doing this for him. Like my mother said, we fight for something we think we deserve to have. And I deserve to have my boyfriend in my life.