Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"What did you bring me?"

I ask him with a huge smile on my face. Looking at the plastic containing food that he has brought for me, it makes me think, without using my power, that on the inside, he cares to those people who are friends with him, or who he loves. I have yet to know if we are friends or just acquaintance but regardless of the title I know that Albert Fercine cares for me, which is a big deal for me.

A smile escapes his lips, which I just notice is so cute and adorable, especially when he pouts it. There's actually one time that I have seen him pout, and that was the time he was arguing with someone; his teammate. Apparently, he didn't like the construction of the team. He called it bullshit. Of course this triggered the coach to be angry with him and the coach decided to punish him by isolating him. What they didn't know was Albert likes to be alone. The best way to punish him is to keep bugging him until he explodes to you, which I intend to do right now by teasing and goofing around with him.

"Who says that it's for you? I haven't eaten yet." He states, rolling his eyes playfully at me as he throws me a smirk. That actually makes me pout, which makes him laugh. Albert grins at me, showing me his pearly white teeth, blinding me. "You're lucky that I'm being kind. If I'm being an asshole right now, I would be laughing at you while eating."

"And I would hope that you'd get choked," I counter, crossing my arms across my chest and arching a brow at him but a small smile is playing across my lips. I run the tip of my tongue across my lower lip and Albert looks at the small gestures. He purses his lips, slightly blushing and gulping as he looks away. A grin makes its way to my lips. "Come on, Albert. You and I are friends, aren't we? We're stuck with each other, so there's nothing that you can do about that."

"Which totally sucks. I hope you understand."

"The sad truth is, I do."

Albert chuckles, shaking his head as he stands up and walks towards the table where he put the plastic on. He turns to look at me. "There's no bowl. I'll just get one. I got this food for you because I thought that you wouldn't like the food here, because believe me it's disgusting, so I decided to roam around the area and fortunately some Taurus people know how to cook. I got this from them."

Nodding at his words, I smile at him. "Thank you. Go ahead, serve your master."

"Fuck you," he chuckles.

He rolls his eyes at me while giving me a bird and goes off the room, shutting the door softly behind him as he walks through the doorway. My eyes train at the food that he has brought, and from what I can see, it's a chicken soup. My vision isn't exactly 20/20 but it's clear enough that this food is one of the foods of the Taureans.

I shout at him. "Your place or my place?"

Hearing his footsteps fasten, I laugh to myself, sprawling across the bed as I stare at the ceiling, waiting for Albert to come back.

To be honest, I don't know what I feel towards Albert. I'm intrigued by him and I have this feeling that I can't explain. It's not love nor is it like. From what I can see, this feeling that I have for him is more like a brotherly affection. Albert is like my little brother that I want to protect from everything, from feeling in pain.

I'm a Taurean; I will know if I'm in love or not.

I'm not really sure about that.

Having no idea if I'm actually convincing myself, I sigh and turn around, resting my chin on the soft and comfortable mattress. Yeah, what I feel for him is brotherly affection, nothing else and nothing more. It's not like Albert would feel something for me, right? He kind of hates me yet I know that he cares for me as I do for him. So yeah, I'm concluding that what we feel for each other is probably a brotherly affection; nothing else and nothing more.

Ten minutes later, Albert is back with a bowl in his hands. His chest is heaving up and down rapidly, indicating that he has run to get here. He holds up his index finger, stopping me from speaking as he puts the bowl on the table and unwrapping the plastic, pouring the chicken soup on the bowl.

"So what's your answer; my place or your place?" I push, resting my elbows on the mattress and putting my chin on my palms, waiting for his answer. A bit of the soup has spilled out as he pours the content of the plastic to the bowl, and he frantically searches for a towel or something to clean the desk. I suppress a chuckle. From where I'm lying, I can see his ears and cheeks heating up. The only reason why I'm teasing him is because I want to see his reaction. That's it. "Come on, Albert. Answer me. My place or your place?"

Albert looks over his shoulder to eye me, giving me a death glare. I jerk my chin towards the bowl, telling him that he should pay attention to pouring the content of the plastic to the bowl as the soup might spill again. "I have no answer." He states.

"Why not?"

"Just because."

"It's just a simple question. I mean, I get it if you're scared."

"Me, scared? Come on, Brent. You're nothing scary but you're making me laugh." Once he's done pouring the contents of the plastic to the bowl, he turns on his heels to look at me, glaring. "That's it. This soup is no longer yours, asshole."

I roll over the bed, swinging my feet to the ground and standing up. "Hey, you got that for me, you cannot take it back."

"Yeah? I can and I will." Albert is so determined to not give the soup to me. Now I can sense how he irritated he is, and it's funny and cute to see how he holds the air in his cheeks as he picks up the bowl, starting to walk away from me. "This is mine now. Take a rest, Brent. You'll need a lot of it. Apparently falling from the second floor of Penthra's house did more damage to your head than to your back."

As he turns around, he begins to walk away from me but I get a hold of his forearm, turning him around and little amount of the soup has spilled out. He glares at me again, carefully placing the bowl back on the table and resting his hands on either of his hips, looking like my mother who's about to scold me for good. I chuckle.

"I'm done for today, Brent."

Grabbing a hold of his hands, I look into his eyes. "Come on, Albert. Don't be mad. You know I'm just teasing you. Are you afraid to handle some Brentley's antics for today? I mean, I know I'm quite handful, but..."

"Okay, that's it, you're such a bitch." He turns around again. I grab his hand, turning him around again.

Albert begins to pry my hands away, slapping the back of my hand and giving me a cold and irritated look. He begins to swing his fisted hand towards my face but I duck, wrapping my arms around his waist and turning us around and I basically throw him on the bed. He flips his body, about to kick me when I take a step forward but I do a sidestep instead, making him kick the air for no reason.

Once he fails to hurt me, I lay on top of him, straddling him as I give him my famous smirk. He thrashes around to get me off of him, groaning as he begins to throw punches but I keep blocking them away. I laugh, loving how frustrated he is because believe me, Albert Fercine really looks cute and adorable when he's mad, upset or irritated.

"That's kind of a bitch move, Albert." I chuckle. As his eyes basically catch on fire as he stares at me, showing me how pissed he really is to me, he begins to chant something under his breath and I lean down, hovering my lips across his, and he stops chanting. "Go on, Albert. Chant, use your power, and once you're done, I will kiss you and take your breath away. Your choice."

I have no idea why I said those things to him, but it makes me wish for him to keep chanting, to use his power, so I can kiss him and leave him breathless. It shocks me. Perhaps what I feel towards him is not really a brotherly affection but more of something between lust or like. I don't really know.

But as he stares at me wide eye and as I stare back, I still wish the same thing; for him to use his power, so I can kiss him on the lips.