Chapter 38

Chapter 38

The moment I saw that memory, I just know what to do. Turning around, I look at the demon standing just a few inches away from me. He has a sly smirk tugged on his slips, and his eyes are glinting with evilness as his eyes pierce mine. The demon walks casually, as if he's just strolling around the park with a very great view, but the smirk never leaves his face, and boy do I want to punch it out of his face.

"I could spare your life," Nenavist states as he looks at me, head tilting to the side and I frown at him. There's no way he could spare my life, unless he's planning something ridiculous. The demon faces me fully and his eyes grow serious. "Join the army, us, and we'd spare your life."

His offer sounds tempting, but there's no way I'm going to be evil. He could torture me, kill me, or do whatever he wants to do to me, but I will never accept his offer. It sounds funny to my ears, and it plays inside my head like a broken record, which makes me chuckle and the demon looks at me incredulously, as if I've grown another head.

"What's so funny?" The demon asks, his hands clenching and brows furrowing.

I laugh, like the full, head-thrown, laugh and the demon scowls, gritting his teeth. "Though your memories are neatly placed and your mind is not a total havoc, I think you really are insane." Walking slowly, I put my arms behind my back and my fingers begin working its magic, releasing pink particles, ready to attack the demon just in case he lunges at me. First, I need to get out of his memory area. At this point, the demon already knows that we're already in his head, so I have to be more careful than I already am and be more cautious. Second, I need to go see his emotions area, and then third, I need to get out of here as soon as possible. "There's no way I'm joining your squad. You may think little of me, but I can definitely inflict damage on you. Just wait and see, and you'll see the definition of hell for me."

The demon's smirk grow more sinister and deadly, and then a spear appears in his hand. He plays with the spear, spinning it around like a roulette, and then he lunges himself at me, the tip of the spear facing me, and he's ready to stab it right through my body.

Stretching my arms out in front of him, the pink particles that I've been preparing and keeping go through him, hitting him in his chest, and he momentarily drops the spear. He takes a sharp intake of breath, and that's my cue to run out of this area of his head.

When I get out, I stop myself from running since the part of his head is always changing. In the background, I hear the demon laughing, telling me that he knows that I'm in his head. He has an absolute control of his head now that he realizes we're in his head, and if there's a way I could just shut down his mind, I would totally do it. But unfortunately, that level of magic is not yet unlocked.

There's only one person I know who does that a lot just to punish those repeat offenders, and that's the leader of the Taurus clan. His name is Declan, a 67-year-old man, with a thick white beard surrounding his face and blue eyes. He has been my teacher when I was young, and he's really great when it comes to teaching. But sadly, he has to retire, since he's getting old. The last time we have talked is, he had told me that he'd step down, strip off his title as the leader of the Taurus clan, and let someone do it. He may or may have not hinted me that he's waiting for me to take the throne, but my interpretations could be wrong, since he told me 'grow up faster and own it' with a chuckle, shaking his head. When this all ends, I'm going to ask him to teach me a few tricks that I have yet to know.

His brain structure continues to change, constantly. The paths keep changing, and if I'm going to do a math, I'll have only 4 seconds to decide which path I should take once I step into the core of his memory. Taking a deep breath, I exhale out loud and start to run, stepping and I yelp once the path changes, creating a wall in front of me, which opens two paths on my left and right.

Nenavist laughs out loud, amused at how I'm being played by him and I scowl, taking a right turn and running faster. There's no time to curse him. Time is precious as long as I'm inside his head.

The structure of his brain changes again, closing a path, creating illusions of the tall buildings and a desert, opening another hallway that leads to another part of his memory. I quickly turn around and run towards the hallway's direction, but the place shakes, and I fall on the ground. The ground opens up, and a building sprouts, and I roll away. I stand up with so much haste and start running again, yelping as the buildings, houses, bridges, and any structures that you could think of start sprouting on the ground like a tree.

I turn around, not wasting another time and run towards the hallway's direction. The scene behind me changes, and the ground shakes again, and I nearly fall on the ground have I not balanced myself immediately. Going through the hallway, I'm in another part of his head. I just don't know where I am.

The emotion's area.

As soon as I feel that hatred lingering in the air, I just know where I am. Taking a look over my shoulder, the hallway is still there, but it's dark. I can still hear the demon's laugh, mocking me, nagging at the back of my head but I try my best to ignore him. Sooner or later he'll be here.

The sorrow, pain, anger, hatred, all the negative emotions are mixed up, creating a heavy feeling inside me. It's like they're trying to get inside me, trying to consume me, but I hold onto myself. There's so much hate it makes my heart swell with pain.

Are these feelings normal to have for a demon?

There's no joy or happiness here. These feelings represent hell, where he came from. I get into one section of the emotion's area, and I see that he's afraid of two things: Charmeine and Jophiel. Though I don't know those persons, based from the emotion he has for these two persons, he's helluva scared when it comes to these two.

Nenavist's voice booms inside my head, and I flinch at his tone. It's an ear-splitting screech, and I curse under my breath. Deciding it's time to go now, without giving it a time to think about, I run across the hallway and step into the core of the demon's brain that's constantly changing.

Clasping my hands and raising it into the air, I shout and suddenly I've been transported into the real world.

My hands are still in the demon's temple, and his eyes shot open, and once he realizes that I'm still holding his face, he pushes with so much force that I topple over. I glare at him, whisking my fingers out, making him step back. My boyfriend gasps and shouts to me that I'm crazy, asking what just happened.

Throwing the demon a smirk and ignoring my boyfriend, I stand up straight, straightening my shirt and craning my neck. "So you're scared of two persons: Charmeine and Jophiel. The demon fears not one but two creatures. I wonder who they are."

The demon's eyes widen, and his nose and ears flare in anger as he sets his burning eyes on me. He grits his teeth, hands clenching as his anger rises. "You do not mention those names here!" The evil demon flings himself on me, holding out his sword and I turn around, opening my palms and smacking him at the back of his head as the edge of his sword nearly cuts through my shirt. I kick him on the stomach, and he rolls, hoisting himself up. "Bastard."

"May I know why you're scared of them?" I ask him, mocking him, my tone of voice is playful.

He seethes in anger, clenching and unclenching his hands. "Those angels have killed my brothers and sisters, and they shall pay!"

"Oh, so they're angels." I continue to tease him, and I put my hands behind my back, releasing another particles. But something cold touches my skin, and the presence of my boyfriend is behind me. He has given me a dagger, and I catch a glimpse of his thoughts: stab him right in his chest, where his heart is.

Nodding at him, I grab the dagger and prepare myself from the attack the demon is going to make. Once Nenavist hurls himself at me, I release the dagger and once within reach, I stab the demon in his chest, making him gasp in shock and blood pours out. His claw nearly touches my face, and the demon looks at my hands covered in his blood. I let go of him, and the demon falls on the ground, who's coughing out blood.

I whisper, "May the Heaven burns you."