Assassinate

Stacy hid the gun in her waist and walked out the hotel room towards the elevator. She pushed the downward arrow repeatedly thinking that would make it come faster. She sighed and tapped her foot waiting impatiently. She wasn't exactly sure what she was about to get into or how she was even going to get back to her house but her only protection, the only man she could trust was out there and probably in trouble.

She watched the highlighted numbers change until it finally stopped when it got to her floor. The elevator doors opened and she was ready to step in when she looked up and saw Knowledge there with his back against the elevator.

"Knowledge!" she rushed into his arms and hugged him. "I thought you were in trouble."

"I told you I would come back. What's the matter, miss me?"

Stacy came to her senses and backed away from him. "No, I was just being nice."

"Uh huh, sure."

He walked past her going back to the room. Stacy noticed how his happy mood changed dramatically since he left. He didn't smile or say much once they were in the room. Instead he distanced himself from her and stood outside looking up at the sky.

"Hey, you ok?" Stacy asked as she joined him on the patio.

Knowledge dropped his head. "My brother called me while I was coming back and said my father lost his battle with cancer."

"I'm so sorry to hear that." she rubbed his back to express her condolences.

"I knew it would happen eventually but its never easy to hear."

Stacy paused. "Maybe you need to lay down. You've had a rough day and I know I didn't make it any easier."

Knowledge turned to face her and smiled. "You were the only positive thing that's happened to me all day." he touched her chin softly and went back into the room to lay down.

Stacy day dreamed about him as she changed into her night clothes in the bathroom. It was weird how good he made her feel. She just met him hours ago and yet she felt like she's known him for years.

When morning came, Stacy found herself in bed alone. She sat up quick and looked around the room for Knowledge but didn't see him.

"Son of a bitch! This nigga left me."

Angry, Stacy got out of bed, collected her clothes and threw her shoes on. She mumbled the whole time cursing him out. She felt betrayed and confused. And the worst part is how he made her feel so comfortable. Like he had planned to be her bodyguard forever. But now she was left alone with no protection and a hood full of gangsters waiting to cut her head off.

She sat on the bed to tie her shoes when she heard the bathroom door open.

"Going somewhere?" Knowledge stood there naked with only the hotel towel to cover his privates. The water dripped down his six pack as he wiped the excess water from his face, staring at Stacy like he wanted to fuck her right then and there. Stacy froze and looked at his perfect physique. He was a whole lot of man. The type she loved to be with and ten times better looking than Dante.

"I...I thought you left me?"

"Left you? To go where?

"I don't know," Stacy rubbed the back of her hand. Too nervous to look at him. "I thought you bailed on me."

Knowledge walked closer and sat on the bed next to her. "You've got some serious trust issues don't you?" he lifted her face to his. "You were willing to risk your life to come save me. I don't know about you but where I come from, you don't bail on those type of people. But I can't blame you, I guess I just have to show you I'm here to stay."