The Aftermath

Two Weeks Later....

"Today we are gathered here to lay rest our dear Sister Victoria King,"

"Is this nigga even a real pastor?" Tahj whispered to Knowledge

"The hell if I know. Stacy was the one that found this nigga."

"For your information," Stacy interrupted.  "He's been a pastor for at least a decade. When's the last time you've been to church Tahj?"

"W-well, I — ."

"Exxxactly. Now can we finish the service please?" She smiled and turned her focus back to the pastor

"Ha! You got in trouble." Knowledge teased him

Tahj sucked his teeth.  "Shut up."

After the funeral was over, it was time to follow the hearse to the grave site.

"I'm glad we all made it out alive and in tact." Tahj spoke up, breaking the awkward silence that filled the limousine.  "And I wanna thank my soon to be wifey for holding me down the whole time. You held down the house, kept our daughter safe and you even risked your life to save me. I could never repay you for that."  He ended his speech with a kiss upon Ambers forehead.

"Yea it's truly a blessing." Amber said nervously. "I guess God had other plans."

Amber briefly made eye contact with both Knowledge and Stacy. Even though she was cleared in Tahj's eyes, she was still under fire with them.

"I just hope we can all move on peacefully, trust one another, have each other's back and be honest with everyone." Said Stacy

"Amen." Said Tahj

Once Vicky was lowered into the ground, the family stood around talking with one another. Stacy noticed how neither Knowledge or Tahj embraced their other family members.

"Aren't majority of the people here your biological family?"  She asked Knowledge

"Yea. A few cousins, and my pops side of the family."

"Where's your moms side of the family?"

"From what I was told, she didn't have any more family. At least not any that cared enough to keep in contact."

"Soooo, y'all don't hug in this family?"

Knowledge laughed.  "Nah baby. We ain't that type of family. A lot of the family don't even fuck with us like that."

"And why is that?"

"Cause they think me and Tahj can't handle the cartel. Especially my uncle Mase over there with the blue kangol hat. He thought he would automatically get the thrown when my pops died just cause they were brothers."

"Damn so he won't even speak to you?"

"Money changes people Stacy. Some for the better, some for the worse. Either way my pops knew what he was doing leaving me in charge. There was a reason Mase never had a title."

Stacy just shook her head. It was dawning on her just how messed up the King family really was. But she was too deep in to turn back now.

"Here come Uncle Mase."  Said Tahj

Stacy braced herself for the interaction that was about to happen. On one hand she was a bit scared. On the other hand she was ready for whatever.

"Nephews!"  Uncle Mase walked up cheerfully extending his hand to them.

"What's good Unc?" Said Knowledge

"Ain't shit. Just reminiscing about Vicky. Sad that it had to end like this."