Family Secrets

Stacy

Because of Kai's connects throughout the city, we were able to arrange a funeral for Lil Dre in two days without the cops being involved. The less of them we see, the better.

He made sure it was nice and elegant by having it outside instead of in a church. He wanted the sun to shine bright on Dre this day.

Kai seemed ok for the most part. Amber was still a little shook from almost losing Lilly a second time and me....

I was falling apart..

Seeing Dre dead in my arms was a sight I will never get out of my head. If it's one thing I could say, it's that he definitely went out like a Champ! Facing danger instead of running which ultimately saved my life.

We figured this was some of Cyrus' doing and I promised Dre when I get my hands on him, I'm gonna make him pay for everything he's done!

Unfortunately, things don't always go the way we plan....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Friends, family, and guests, we are here to celebrate the life of Brother DeAndre Mills who was sadly taken away from us two days ago. " The pastor spoke loud behind the podium.

A few gathered for the funeral Taking up a few of the lawn chairs.

A couple of Junkies, a drug dealer or two and a few of his so called street buddies. Knowledge, Stacy, Amber and Lilly sat in the front row in place of his real family.

His mother sat in the front row at the opposite end by herself crying hysterically.

"This is not a sad day however, " The pastor shouted with enthusiasm.
"Oh no! Because brother Mills is flying high next to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Wipe your eyes Mother Mills for your boy is no longer in pain and though it may hurt now, joy comes in the morning. "

Knowledge looked around at the few who did show up. He was filled with regret for not taking Dre in sooner.

"What's wrong? " Stacy asked him quietly, taking him out of his trance.

"I'm just looking around at the people who showed up. There's no family here. Nobody who really gave a damn about him besides us." He whispered "Fucking junkies and drug addicts. They're just the people who was with him on the block. They didn't try to take care of him or tell him to do better, they taught him how to run the streets." He sighed and looked over at Ms. Mills. "And then she over there acting like she give a damn. She part of the reason he was out there. Probably high on that shit right now. "

Knowledge was starting to get worked up. His fist was balled up and his foot was tapping against the grass beneath him.

Stacy grabbed his hand calmly while keeping her eyes on the pastor.

"Just relax ok." She turned to him.
"We both know how this is gonna end. We're gonna find Tahj, kill Cyrus, rescue your mother and live happily ever after. "

Hearing her say "happily ever after"
made him smile a bit. Just knowing that she wanted a forever with him was exactly what he'd been hoping for.

Soon it was time to bury Dre. This was the hardest part for them. Stacy made one more promise to Dre before the casket touched the bottom of the grave.
Amber consoled Lilly who was still traumatized from the whole ordeal.