Hold It Down

11 a.m.

"Stacy Holmes, you're up!"

The guard called, indicating that it was her turn to get on the phone with her visitor. She passed the creepy guard who looked her up and down. The dusty lights in the ceiling flickered on and off as she made her way to the very last window.

"10 minutes! " The guard shouted

She looked up at the guard and frowned at him. He's been a pain in her ass since she arrived a week ago and she made a promise to her self that she would take him out before she left.

But all that anger seemed to disappear once she saw who was waiting on the other side of the window.

"How are you baby? "

"Better now that I see your beautiful face. I miss you so much Kai. " She cried

"I miss you too Stace."  He stared at her face for a moment and noticed red lines running down her neck and face.  "What happened to you? "

"I'm fine Kai relax don't make a scene. "

"You didn't answer my question."

"Some girls got in my face ok. Not a big deal. When are you getting me out of here? "

"I'm working with your lawyer everyday but the prosecution has a pretty solid case from what I'm hearing. There's more officers backing him up and making you look bad.  So until I can find a way to expose that pig that arrested you, you'll have to stay in. "

"What, that's not what you told me on the phone! You said you would bail me out! "

"And I will Stacy but I need you to be strong until I do. Don't forget this shit with Cyrus is still going on. And to make it worse, his whole family is now involved. Meaning more power on his side. People are going to test you while you're here just because of who I am and who you are to me. In order for me to get some shooters on our side I need you to keep up our image."

"Our image? "

"Yea, you can't let these women bully you anymore—"

"I'm not LETTING anybody bully me Kai what the hell are you talking about. Fuck that image crap, I'm here because you couldn't think fast enough. I took the fall for both of us! "

"You didn't have to! I would've figured something out. "

"Like what killing a cop and going on the run? I don't wanna live like that. "

"But you wanna be up in here?"

Stacy took a breath. She was starting to get worked up and any inmate that gets too rowdy is sent to solitary for a week.

"Being on the run means we're dead the minute we're caught by authorities. At least being here gives us a second chance to live, "   She stood up from her chair with an evil stare.  "And I didn't come to LA to die. "

She slammed the phone down on the desk and left him sitting there.

——————————————

STACY

D-BLOCK
4 p.m.

"Ms. Holmes say hello to your new roommate. " The guard laughed.

For the short time I was here, I was perfectly fine being in this cell by myself. I mean of course I knew that I would probably end up with a cellmate but deep down I was hoping it would never happen.

A new cellmate means new problems on top of the problems I already have.

See, I told Kai that it was a mere scuffle between those girls that scratched up my face when the truth was.. it was a brawl.

I was outnumbered 2 to 1. Neither of them wanted to fight me 1 on 1.

Typical scared bitch syndrome.

I gave them a run for their money but we all know most girls can't fight without pulling hair, which is how they got me to the ground to stomp me out.

At first I didn't understand why they chose me out of all the new girls that came in with me but after talking to Kai, I realized that I'm a target anywhere I go.

That was the King Family Curse.

The short brown skinned girl was pushed into the cell by the guard who slapped her on the ass before he pushed her.

"Don't get the sheets wet ladies. " He joked and winked his eye at me.

I took a good look at his badge I.D. and read the name Charles. Officer Charles.

While the new girl sat on the bed under me with her head buried into her hands, I stretched out on the top bunk, reading the book I got from the prison library. I could hear her cursing under her breath. Probably wondering the same thing I was — how the hell did I end up here?