Al-Lies

"Is he awake yet mommy?" Lilly asked

"Not yet baby."

Knowledge could hear the conversation between what sounded like Amber and a nurse.

His body was as stiff as a brick and his eye sight was blurry.

"Mommy I think Uncle Kai is awake!"

Turning her focus to the bed, Amber was overjoyed to see Knowledge looking around.

She ran over to hug him.

"Im so glad you're alive!" said Amber

"W-why am I here?" he mumbled

"You were bleeding out Kai, I didn't know what else to do."

"Im glad you're ok too uncle Kai."

Lilly hugged him.

"Told you I would never leave you." He smiled at her. Then he turned to Amber

"I need to get out of here now."

"Kai if you don't let the doctors help you, you might-"

"I said now!"

"And I'm saying no! You're not a fucking robot ok! You need a doctor whether you like it or not."

"Amber, after the shit that just happened you don't think the cops are on their way?"

"I made sure to tell the nurses not to alert authorities. Look, can you just at least let them take a look at you? Your wound can reopen if you're not careful." She hugged him again. "Me and Lilly are going to go find you some water."

Knowledge turned his head away from Amber. The moment she stepped out of the room, he tore out all the cords connected to his body. He snatched the IV from his arm as he stumbled over to his clothes.

With staggered legs, he gathered his bearings and prepared his body to move. Slowly making his way down the hall, he could feel his body getting weaker the longer he walked but he wasn't about to give up! Soon he found a bathroom where he changed his clothes to blend in with visitors and within minutes he found himself on the elevator going down to the first floor.

Once he reached the parking lot he swayed left and right trying to keep his balance as he made his way to his car. But the effects of his injuries were catching up to him fast.

Back inside the hospital Amber was furious to see that Knowledge had left. But that didn't stop the cops from coming. The nurses had failed to honor her favor and not alert them and as a result she had to entertain the "21 questions" game.

"Are you sure you don't know where he went?" The officer asked Amber.

"No I don't! He was supposed to be here getting help."

"One last question, do you know anything about the incident involving multiple car crashes and the death of a civilian at the intersection of Bland and Loftin St?"

"I don't know anything about that."  It was clear now why Knowledge didn't want the cops around. She had forgotten all about that incident. "C'mon Lilly lets go." She took Lilly by the hand and made her way to the exit.

~

Meanwhile...