Staying "Low"

The Next Day

He woke up bruised and in pain but happy to be alive. When he looked to his right, he saw the love of his life Stacy, softly asleep with his gun in her lap.

"Stacy? " He called

"Huh! What! I'll kill you! "
She jumped up and aimed the gun in full defense mode.

"Relax girl it's just me. " He laughed.
"The hell were you dreaming about? "

"Protecting your ass. " She sat the gun in the chair and caressed him. "How do you feel? "

"I feel like shit but I'm alive so I'm good."

"Everything ok boss? " Moe came walking in

"Yea we straight but what the hell happened last night? All I remember is being shot. "

"That old hag shot you. I guess they changed their mind on the vacation.
And I had to steal their car just to get you here. " Said Stacy

"And guess who saved your life? " Said Moe. He looked at Stacy.

"You saved my life? "

"Of course I did. Who the hell else is gonna buy me everything I want. " She smiled

"I guess that's my job. " He smiled back

There was a knock at the door

"What's up boss? " Said Rell, walking in with a laptop on his hand and a concerned look on his face.
"I'm glad you're ok but we got a big problem. "

He sat the laptop on the table across from the bed and opened the browser window.

"I saw this on the news this morning. " He told them.

News Reporter Ashley Brooks

"For those of you just tuning in, I'm here at the scene of a deadly shoot out which occurred somewhere between two and 3 o'clock this morning that left one man dead and several bystanders injured. Now, we do have footage of the chaos and I must warn you, this footage is graphic, "

"Shit! " Knowledge spat out

"Don't trip yet. Maybe they didn't see our faces" Said Stacy

"Surveillance cameras show two suspects, one male and one female, chasing the fleeing vehicle down the street. The driver of the fleeing vehicle was unable to escape due to the pile up of cars. This is what prompted a shoot out in the middle of the street between the driver and the two suspects.
If you look closely you can see the male suspect run towards the victim and shoot him in the head before fleeing the scene of chaos. No one has been identified at the moment but If anyone sees or knows the two suspects,  you are encouraged to please contact your local police. Pat back to you. "

"This is not good Kai what the hell are we gonna do?! Our faces are all over the fucking news! " Stacy panicked

Knowledge kept quiet trying to figure out a plan while his phone rang loudly but his mind was juggled.

"Who dis? "

"What's up big bro? "

"Tahj?" Knowledge yelled out

"Still alive I see. " Tahj laughed

"Nigga where you at?  Why the hell you run off like that? "

"You didn't read my letter? "

"Yea I read it nigga. "

"Then you should already know. I knew you would try to stop me and Ma needs me. "