From One Problem To Another

"Put your seat belt on quick!" Stacy told Lilly as she swiftly moved into the drivers seat and dialed 911.

"Please state your emergency." Said the dispatcher.

"I'm being chased by multiple gunmen in an all black Escalade! Please send help right away!"

Stacy put on her best impression of a frightened caucasian women. She knew they would come faster if they didn't know she was really black.

"Where are you mam?"

"I'm speeding down Layer Lane! They're right behind me! Please send help! My niece is in the car with me?"

"Ok, ok, calm down mam. What's your name?"

"Allison Sumpter!"

"And what color is your car?"

"Its a gold Toyota Camry!" Stacy lied again.  "We're still in the neighborhood hurry!"

"Ok authorities are already on the way."

"Are they going to get us Aunt Stacy?"

Stacy pressed down on the gas, speeding down the neighborhood street with the gunmen in hot pursuit.

"I promised you I wouldn't let anything happen to you. And I meant that!"

Deep down Stacy doubted their escape and she was ready to give her life for Lilly at this very moment.

"HOLD ON!" she said

Making a one sharp turn after another, Stacy managed to gain distance between the gunmen and herself. When she reached the top of the neighborhood, she jumped into traffic blending in with commuters. Up ahead she could spot two LAPD patrol cars coming her way.

A moment later, the Escalade bursts into traffic simultaneously with the passing of  the squad cars. Soon, Stacy could hear tires screeching behind her as  the squad cars surrounded the Escalade.

"Gotcha!" she whispered. "Everything's gonna be okay Lilly."

Once she was in the clear, she continued to race to Amber's house. She took out her phone and called Knowledge.

"What's up baby?" he answered

"Kai! I need you to meet me at Amber's house now!"

"What's going on!"

"That little bitch Reina attacked us. But we got away."

"Ok, Ok, calm down. Who's we?"

"Me and Lilly" Stacy felt her emotions building up. She couldn't stop the tears from coming.

"Why the hell was Lilly even there?"

"Amber dropped her off. Look ill explain everything when we get to Amber's house."

"I'm on the way!"

 Much to Stacy's relief,  Amber's car was in the driveway. Checking her surroundings, she hurried Lilly out of the car and up to the house.

"Amber!" Stacy called out as they entered the front door. 

"Stacy what the hell are you doing here?" Amber yelled from her bedroom

"Get down here quick!"

Lilly sat on the couch, while Stacy couldn't bare to stand still. She was an emotional wreck.

Securing her robe around her waist, Amber had a look of confusion when she came into the kitchen where Stacy was.

"What the hell is going on? Why are you pacing?"

"Lilly just killed two people!"

"She did what!"

Just then, Stacy remembered Lilly was sitting close by. She went over to her.

"Lilly sweetie, I need you to go play in your room while I talk to mommy okay?"

"Am I in trouble Aunt Stacy?" Lilly asked

"N-no Lilly of course not. I have to talk to mommy about something else that only grown-ups are allowed to hear."

"Okay." Lilly leaned in to hug her and then ran off to her room.

Amber was now the one pacing near the front door when Stacy came back to her.

"What the hell do you mean she killed two people? How does a seven year old kill two people?" said Amber

While Amber tried to make sense of what Stacy just told her, her guy friend Ethan appears at the top of the stairs.

"Everything okay?" he asks Amber

Stacy was totally caught off guard seeing Ethan's half naked body coming down the steps.

"Um, Am, can I talk to you for a minute?"

Stacy pulled Amber by the arm into the living.

"Before you say anything Stacy, I already told you months ago after that whole situation with Diamond happened at the hospital that I was talking to someone."

"You told me you stepped out on Tahj before. I didn't know you had a whole side nigga!"

"Well I do and Ethan has been there for me every step of the way." Amber folds her arms and looks the other way, refusing to feel bad about her infidelity

"You may not care with me but Kai should be here any minute now and I don't think he'll take this too lightly." said Stacy

"Shit!" After their first encounter with Knowledge, Amber was worried things would get worse if Ethan was caught again. Amber ran back to Ethan, urging him to get dressed and leave before Knowledge arrived.

Unfortunately for Amber, Ethan wasn't fast enough. Knowledge was already walking up the driveway in a hurry.