Sticky Situations

"Come on man, this could be a huge come up for both of us. I need this, but I can only do it if I have my brother with me." Said Tahj, trying to convince Knowledge to join him.

"No games right? This shit better be legit."

"I would never put you on to anything less."

"Aight, give me a min. I need to talk to Stacy."

Knowledge secured the watch around his wrist and made his way to Stacy's room.

"I'm going to handle some business with Tahj. Try to stay here but if you have to leave, please don't get into any trouble."

Tahj was growing impatient waiting for Knowledge to come outside.

"Damn, is she ok?" Said Tahj as knowledge got into the car.

"Yea she's straight. What's your problem?"

"You sure are going out your way to make sure she good for somebody that say he ain't got feelings for shorty."

Knowledge frowned. "It ain't even about that! I made her father a promise that I would keep her safe. He knew he was about to die and I'm the one entrusted with her life. That's not something to take lightly."

Tahj sucked his teeth and started the car. "Yea whatever, you still got feelings for shorty." He said in a low tone.

By 12:45 that night they sat in the car at the bank of the river. There was a huge money deal going down tonight and Tahj wanted in.

"How'd you find out about this?" Knowledge asked him.

"Man, the whole time you were gone, me and pops were running shit around here! We had the streets in lock. Nothing went on around here without us knowing. All money coming in and going out from what we put out on the street reported to me. Just cause' pops dead don't mean that changed."

Knowledge chuckled at his brother's cockiness; remembering the good times they had growing up with their father. He prepared him for the role of head of the King Cartel, yet all he's been doing is fooling around with Stacy. The more he thought about her, the more he figured that Tahj may be right. He couldn't deny his feelings for her if he wanted to and he planned to make some serious decisions about her soon.

"Ok, I think that's him now." Said Tahj tapping his brother on the shoulder.

"Bout' damn time!"

They watched as the car parked and then noticed something odd. Another car.

"Hold up, who is that?" Said Tahj.

The second car rolled in slowly and stopped right behind the first one. This made Tahj a little nervous.

"I know that ain't who I think it is Tahj. Is that Tyrone?"

"Look, I understand why you may be a lil uncomfortable but trust me, I got you. Take your heat with you." He told Knowledge."

"Never leaves my side." Said Knowledge.

Together, they step out of the car with a gun on their waist and meet the other two men halfway.

"Kai Carter King!" Said Tyrone. "Long time no see."

"C'mon man, don't put my information out there. Let's leave the past in the past and handle this business."

Tyrone was a long time hustler around the area. He practically watched the King brother's grow up. But once it was rumored that he wanted to rob their father, things got ugly between them and their father made them promise to stay away from him.