Visitors

The following afternoon....
Kai's House

"Hey do you mind watching Lilly for a few hours? I have something important I need to do."

"Sure Amber. You know I'm always here to help."

"Thank you Stacy! This is why I love you."

Stacy embraced Lilly, who leaped into her arms with excitement.

"Aunt Stacy! I missed you, where have you been?"

"I had to leave to handle some important business." 

"Oh, right, that's what uncle Kai said."

"I'm here now though. And you and I are going to have loads of fun tonight. How about we have the fanciest tea party you've ever seen."

"Yay!" Lilly ran up to her play room to get the tea party ready

"Thanks again."   Amber hugged Stacy and rushed out the door.

Stacy and Lilly spent hours having tea parties, dancing to music, eating junk food and making funny videos. By nine o'clock they were cuddled up on the couch watching scary movies.

"Aunt Stacy can I have a gun like that lady?"

Stacy was disturbed by Lilly's question. She didn't even know how to answer her but she watched Lilly's reaction to the woman shooting the monsters in the movie and rejoicing from the power.

"Why would you need a gun Lilly?"

"I don't know, for protection I guess."

"Protection from what?"

"A lot has been happening since Daddy got shot. Mommy says she doesn't know where he is or if he's coming back. Uncle Kai is hurt and you were gone for a while. And grandma Vicky has been gone even longer."

Stacy felt sad for her. She was just a little girl who loved her family but forced to be apart from them.

"Don't worry about what us grown ups go through." She hugged her." Being an adult is tough and sometimes we make mistakes that can take us away from the ones we love. Daddy is coming back and so is grandma Vicky. Uncle Kai is just fine and you'll always have me and especially mommy."

Stacy's comforting words eased Lilly's troubled mind. She smiled and hugged Stacy again.

Just as they were getting comfortable in the covers, there was a knock at the door.

Instinct told Stacy it was trouble. She went to the kitchen where she stashed her handgun as the visitor continued to knock. She tiptoed to the door and placed her eye on the peep hole. But instead of seeing a face, she found herself looking down the barrel of Reina's gun.

"LILLY GO UPSTAIRS NOW!"

                                                                                           ~

                                                                               Knowledge