Old Faces

STACY

The last thing I felt like doing was disturbing my beauty sleep to go to work. But Raven wouldn't let me sleep any longer.

"Wake your ugly ass up before we be late." She hit me on the head with the pillow.

"Wake your ugly ass up before we be late." I mocked her and laughed.

"Foreal Stacy, c'mon. I don't wanna hear the boss' mouth about being late again."

"It's too dark out side. I need like 30 more minutes to nap. "

"Bitch, your ass is used to getting up at 7 pm just to be at the club at 10. Don't give me the bull shit right now."

I threw the covers over my head as she walked towards the door.

"If you don't get up, ima leave you. Then you'll have to go back to Knowledge house."

When I heard her say that, I jumped up to my feet and rushed to the bathroom. I DID NOT feel like talking or dealing with Knowledge right now. He's got a lot of making up to do before he's on my good side again.

Besides, staying with Raven has been great so far. Her boyfriend has been out of town and won't be back for another three days. I've tried to convince her to pack up and leave while he's gone but she's too afraid. But I think all she needs is some more convincing.

I washed my body in the shower, got dressed and then waited for Raven to finish. She did all that rushing for me to be ready only for her to be the one that's not ready.

"How you rush me to get out the bed and I'm ready before you?"

"It's not about me."

"You get on my nerves." I hit her on the arm for her smart ass response and then followed her to the car.

°

When we got to the club, we saw police officers, detectives and a small crowd gathered at the entrance. They had the  door sealed off with the yellow caution tape.

"Girl what the hell is going on!" Said Raven

"I don't know. Find somewhere to park real quick."

Raven found a spot not too far from the club. As we came up to the entrance, we saw it was more detectives than we realized.

We tried to go under the yellow tape but security stopped us.

"Hold up ladies, nobody is allowed in there right now. This is a crime scene."

"But we work here." Raven explained.

"Sorry ladies, nobody works here as of right now. "

I saw our boss talking to a officer so I waved at him to come talk to us.

He excused his conversation with the officer and came outside to fill us in.

"Ray, What the hell is going on?" Raven asked.

"It's Travis. He's been killed." Ray dropped his head.

"What! That's terrible."

I couldn't say a word. Somehow I forgot that Knowledge was the one that shot him. How could I forgot something like that? I was there! But what do I do now? If I snitch on Knowledge, he'll be locked up and I'll be labeled as a rat in the hood.

I already have one price on my head, I don't need another one!

I decided to keep my mouth shut. In my eyes, Travis deserved it. He was a lying, cheating, rapist. Every dog has it's day!