2 - "Not in a million years, jerk face."

The loud music makes me shoot out of my bed like a rocket, and not in the nice way – I get tangled in the sheets and tumble down from the bed with my face landing on the floor. What is going on? I know I have to get ready for school, but my alarm didn't even go off, yet. I manage to untangle myself from the bed covers and stand up. I look at the alarm clock on my nightstand and see it's 6.45. I usually wake up at 7, but the loud music cut my sleeping time short.

And I know where the loudness is coming from; the house opposite mine, or more specifically; Sam's room. I pull back the curtains and open the window for fresh air. I see that Sam is shuffling through his dresser for clothes and his window is open, which makes the music even louder.

"Hey!" I call out to Sam, but he doesn't acknowledge my yelling. How can he? It's not like he can hear me over the noise. "Sam!" I yell out even louder and that's when he turns around. He lowers the volume and walks over to his window.

Oh sweet cheese of biscuits, the boy is wearing a white t-shirt, that hugs his body to perfection and his muscles can be on display. Wow.

"Well, good morning, kitty." And the eye rolling begins. "Fancy seeing you up so early in all your ... morning glory." He cringes as he looks me up and down.

I know I look like the Frankenstein's bride, but you don't have to point it out. My hair is sticking in all possible directions, and the bags under my eyes are as dark as Marilyn Manson's eyeliner.

"Thank you for that kind greeting, jerk face."

"Your insults are getting better and better each day, kitty." The smirk makes its reappearance.

"Why did you have to blast the music so loud at this stinking hour of day?"

"Don't you like my music?"

"I like my sleep more."

"Whatever, kitty. I need to get ready now, so I'll talk to you later, okay?" He closes his window and walks away. He dismissed me just like that. Jerk.

I close my own window with a sigh and decide to get ready as well. I go to my dresser and pull out black ripped skinny jeans and black Rolling Stones t-shirt. But before I undress myself, I remember to close my curtains. I quickly dress myself after and then go to the bathroom to do my business, brush my teeth, and apply a bit of make-up and so on. I go back to my room and pull black Converse on my feet.

 I go back to my room and pull black Converse on my feet

"Good morning, Nan." I greet her as I step into the kitchen with my backpack over one shoulder.

"Good morning." Just like every morning, she greets me with a warm smile. A minute later, Toby enters as well and mutters a quick "morning" to us.

I make cereal for myself and Toby, just like every morning and we eat in silence, due to us still being tired. There are no early birds in our family, except Nan. She can go to sleep at 3 in the morning and wake up 2 hours later looking like she got all the sleep in the world. How can she manage that, I have no clue. If I only got 2 hours a sleep, people would mistake me for a walking zombie.