20 - "What love life?"

It's finally here – the end of the school year and the start of summer vacation. Well, almost. Tomorrow is that day, but I am still beyond excited. Everyone is, really.

But I am most excited because not only summer vacation begins tomorrow, but also because me, Sam, Nina, Alex, Chace and Alec are going on a camping trip. Yes, it's that trip Nina and I've been talking about going on for quite a while now. But we've added a few more members to the adventure.

Nan agreed to let me go, because I've been good in school for the whole year and didn't get into any major trouble throughout the time. She said I deserve this and gave me a couple of bucks as well. Of course, Toby wanted to come with me and Sam. But I am not going to keep a watch over his whining butt. I want to enjoy myself. We are leaving right after school, and are going to the beach. We're just going to drive to the coast, more out of town, of course, and camp out somewhere near the beach for 3 nights. We all love the beach, so it was the perfect place to go. We'll be swimming, surfing, snorkeling during the day and goof off around the camp fire at night. Is that too cliché?

Sam parks the car in his driveway as we arrive home from school. We both get out and he locks the car after. Sam and I have been hanging out on our window ledges almost every night before going to bed with a tub of ice cream to share. We passed that tub between us so much it almost fell from my hands a few times.

"Pack for tomorrow, kitty."

"Oh, I will." I say, a grin making its way on my face as soon as I think about tomorrow.

The guys are bringing three tents, so that's two people per tent. No doubt I will end up with Sam. Nina and Alex are going to share, then there's Chace and Alec in the other and that leaves me with Sam. I don't really mind, but if he starts to do some inappropriate stuff in there, I am going to run out of the shared tent and sleep in between Chace and Alec.

"Bring some fancy underwear." He winks at me and I roll my eyes at him.

"I will," I call out to him as I start to walk to my house. "But you won't see me in it." I shrug my shoulders as he pouts. "See you tonight." And by tonight, he knows I mean the window ledge and ice cream.

I walk up the porch steps and into the house. My Nan's laughter can be heard from the kitchen and also Toby's laugh. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and drop my bag onto the floor next to the front door. I walk into the kitchen and my breath hitches in my throat from happiness.

"Dad!" I yell and run over to him. Toby is in his arms as I hug him with so much force it almost knocks us all down to the floor.

"There she is!" Dad laughs as he hugs me with his free hand, carrying Toby in the other. "You don't have pink hair anymore."

"Thank God for that." Nan comments and I giggle.

Dad puts Toby back down onto the floor, so he can hug me properly. He's still wearing his uniform.

"I missed you so much, dad." I say once we break the hug.

"I did too. I hear you're going on a trip tomorrow." I nod as we all sit at the table, Nan placing a plate of spaghetti in front of us all.

"How long will you be here for?" I ask dad.

"I am leaving tonight." My smile is replaced by a frown.

"I don't want you to leave, daddy." Toby whines and I nod, agreeing.

"Sadly, I have to be back at the base tomorrow. The plane leaves at 8. You know I want to stay longer."

"We all know that, honey." Nan says and kisses my dad's cheek as she sits down next to him.

If he would have stayed longer then our trip would have to be postponed, because there is no way I would miss hanging out with my dad when he is home. I would miss my own wedding if I had a chance to be with my dad. I would always choose my dad over anything in the world.