29 - "We're so cute."

Today is the day of the charity thingy. I am a bit nervous about it but also excited. I've never been to this kind of event and I don't know what to expect. Every time I think about it, I imagine classical music playing while the middle aged couples dance on the dance floor, the women are all dressed in floor length dresses with fancy hairstyles, too much diamonds adoring their necks, ears and wrists. That's just how I picture it.

The day after I got my dress, Sam texted me what color the dress is. It was weird for him to ask me that but I typed the answer anyway. Later on, he told me he bought a red tie to match with my dress. He also told me Lauren's dress is green and she wanted to match with him, but he didn't exactly listen to her. She'll freak when she sees the red tie he got. I can't wait to see that.

Nan and I have to be there at 7 p.m. and it's then that I'll meet my date. That is the moment I am dreading the most. It's not that Noah is bad, but it'll be so awkward, because we were supposed to go on a date but I turned him down because of Sam.

"Nicky!" Nan calls my name and I pop my head into her room once I come from the living room and up the stairs.

"Yes?" She's standing in front of her full length mirror in the dress.

She chose to wear a dark blue full length dress with long sleeves. It has beads and lace all over the chest and a bit over the sheer sleeves. I love how the dress flows down from her waist to the floor. The dress looks very beautiful on my Nan. I notice she also put on the tear drop diamond earrings, which Granddad got her for one of their wedding anniversaries.

"Can you please zip me up?" I nod and step behind her, carefully zipping up the dress. "Thank you."

"No problem." I sigh and look up and down her again. "You look stunning, Nan."

"Thank you," She gushes and puts on her own black high heels. "But you should start getting ready too if we want to be there on time."

"Okay

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Okay." I nod and exit her bedroom, so she can fully finish getting ready and I can start.

I take clean and appropriate underwear from the dresser and go into the bathroom. In there, I wash myself, my hair and shave wherever it's needed. After that I blow dry my hair and I start looking like I have a bush on my head. I put on my underwear and bra, wrap a towel around myself and go out of the steamy bathroom and into my bedroom, where I sit down behind my desk and in front of a mirror.

That's when I start to do my make-up. I don't go overboard with it. The only thing about my make-up that stands out is the red lip I did. I used natural brown colors on my lids, because I don't want to look like a clown the whole night.

After that, I brush through my hair and straighten them lightly. I sigh and start to do a braided hairstyle, trying not to lose my mind in the process. I am not good at doing my hair, so the outcome is a messy looking halo braid. But it actually doesn't look bad, to be honest.