23 - "Did it reach your expectations?"

Keeping this secret will be so hard.

I don't know why that is my first thought when I wake up.

I am burning hot. Sweat is dripping down my forehead and everywhere from the heat. I look at the watch and see it's almost 10 a.m. Sam's arms are still wrapped around my waist and his breathing is slow and even. He is keeping me warm along with the hoodie I am still wearing from before I went to sleep last night.

Last night!

Holy cheesus! That actually happened! What?! It's so surreal to me. Me having a boyfriend is new, but having an extremely hot boyfriend is inhuman for me.

I slowly get up, trying not to wake up Sam. He's still sleeping peacefully in the sleeping bag. I don't want to disturb him; even though I want to kiss him. I can actually kiss him now! Again, this is surreal.

I succeed in getting his arms off me and getting up. I throw the hoodie off me and I am instantly feeling better. But now I have to change. Not only that, but I have to change with Sam in here. Just suck it up, Nicky! His head is turned the other way. And I hope it stays that way until the end of me changing. It's not like I will change my underwear, but I am still shy about it.

I take a deep breath and quickly pull the tank top off me, quickly replacing it with another. I do the same with the shorts. I button them up as quickly as I can. I carefully unzip the tent, with one last glance to Sam. He is still sleeping, so he didn't see me change. Booya!

I get out and I immediately hear Chace's laughter from my right. Chace and Alex are sitting by the not lit fireplace we built yesterday. I don't see Nina and Alec anywhere in sight.

"Hey guys." I greet them and grab a cup of water.

"Nicky!" Chace cheers. "How was the first night sleeping with Sam?" Alex waves at me and I smile.

"Eventful." I answer and sit opposite them. "Are the others still sleeping?"

"Alec is exploring." Chace answers. "But Nina is still sleeping. Sam too?"

"Yeah, he is like a baby." I giggle. "I wanted to explore, too." I whine and pout.

"I am sure after lunch you can go with him." I nod and giggle, getting really excited.

I don't know why, but I always liked to explore. It is fun for me to see where I actually am and what is hiding not so far away. There is always something new and exciting to see. I don't get people who go on holiday and want to just stay in their bed the whole time. What's the point then?

After a while, a still sleepy looking Sam emerges from our shared tent. Even from his movements, you can tell he is still groggy. His hair is sticking in all possible directions, and surprisingly, he doesn't care.

"Hey." He greets us all and we do the same.

"Did you sleep well?" Alex asks him.

"Very well." He manages to smirk while my cheeks go red. Let's just hope no one noticed our little side glance.

"Guys!" A sweaty and excited Alec comes jogging to us. "You've got to see what I've discovered!"

"Keep it down, will you?" Alex butts into his excitement. "Nina's still sleeping."

"Anyway ... you have to come with me later on. There is this beautiful waterfall not too far from here."

"How far is it?" Chace asks. I've learned he doesn't like hiking and such. He likes football, soccer and other sports but not hiking.