9 - "I mean, have you seen her upper lip hair?"

Sleepover – that's what today is. And I can't even wait. I am so excited and don't even get me started on Nina. She's a sleepover lover.

Toby is going to sleepover at his friend's house and Nan has a night shift at the hospital, so that's covered. She left 30$ on the counter to go buy stuff for tonight. So, in other words – junk food for us all to get fat.

I called Sam to come with me and he gladly agreed. He hasn't lived here long and we're already friends, which I am very happy about. He could've been one of those punks – tattooed, pierced and rude that you read about in books. I am very happy he isn't a butthole.

I texted him (yes, I finally got his number) to meet me by my car in 5 minutes. That was 15 minutes ago. I am sitting on the porch steps, waiting for the doofus.

"I'm here." He says and I put my phone away.

"It was about time." I stand up and we both get into the car and I drive off. "Now, how much do guys usually eat?" I ask during the ride.

"What kind of question is that?"

"The kind, which will help me know how much food I have to buy." The ride was short and I park the car quite near the entrance of the supermarket.

"How much money do you have?" Sam asks as he pushes the cart in front of him. "And what did you plan on buying?"

"Nan gave me 30$, but I was thinking we should save some for pizza later on."

"Oh, yes." He gushes and I swear I saw a drool on him at the mention of pizza.

"Let's get ice cream, some junk food and something to drink." Sam nods and we walk to the junk food aisle first.

"I want this, this ... this is good ... oh, and I haven't had those in so long and ... this." He just continues to drop the multiple bags of chips and suck into the cart while I haven't even looked at the many shelves.

"I think that's enough, chips boy," I pull at his t-shirt towards the drinks. "Now, I think we should just buy a pack of Coca-Cola."

"Okay, now stand back, so I can lift this up. It's pretty heavy." Sam lightly pushes me out of the way.

"I can do that, Sam."

"You're a girl, Nicky." What is that supposed to mean?

"And?" I question.

"Girls are weak?" It came out more as a question, than anything else.

"You are sexist, now stand back and let me prove to you that girls can be just as strong as boys." Now it's my turn to shove him out of the way. I grab the pack and lift it up from the pile and into the cart.

"I take it back, you're not weak." I smile proudly at him but he just laughs.

"I don't like when people assume girls are weak just because they're not as tall or muscular as boys. Not every girl is strong, I am not, but I can lift up this pack, it's –"

"Sam?" A girl's voice sounds from my left and I turn around to look. "Oh, it really is you." Lauren.

"Yeah, it's me." Sam says slowly and he shoves his hands in his pockets.

"I almost didn't recognize you here with the trash." Lauren says with a sweet voice. Ouch. That really wasn't nice. I look at the ground, feeling ashamed beyond measure.

"Um ... what are you doing here?" Sam seems a bit uncomfortable.

"I just wanted to thank you for yesterday night. It was awesome. Thank you for coming at such short notice after I called you. I hope we can do it again, and soon." She winks at him seductively.