21 - "Me and Sam what?"

This is it. It's the final day of this school's year! I am so excited I might burst. I am sitting in my last class of the day, well it wasn't exactly a class, more like the teacher talking and wishing us we have a great summer. The picture in front of me is exactly like the one from High school musical 2. Every student in the classroom is staring up at the clock above the teacher's head and just waiting for that final bell of the day to ring. But none of us is saying the word "summer" like they do in the movie.

50 seconds!

30 seconds!

10 seconds!

The bell rings and the whole class jumps from their seats with a cheer. Summer vacation is finally here! I meet Nina outside the classroom by my locker as I grab a few things from there.

"You excited, girl?" She asks sassily. Alex has his arm around her shoulder.

"Hell yes! Let's go meet the others." I slam the locker closed and walk towards the exit and outside this death trap.

I see Chace and Alec waiting by theirs cars, which are parked next to one another. They immediately smile when they see us coming to them. But where's Sam?

My internal question is immediately answered as I am lifted off the ground by an excited Sam. He's holding me bridal style in his arms while I yelp and he runs to the other two boys. Or that's what I thought.

"Kitty!" He yells into my ear. "We have to go home and get ready, because we're leaving for the trip!" He turns left right before Chace and Alec and runs to his car, so he can drive us home. I keep waving to the others but they just laugh.

Sam finally puts me down, so I can get into the car and he wastes no time in driving towards home. He is more excited than I am for this, let me tell you. We finally get home and he almost pushes me out of the car and towards my house. I almost fall flat on my face in the process.

"See you in half an hour, kitty!" He yells to me as he unlocks his front door and disappears into the house. I laugh as I walk towards home.

"Hi Nan." I call out for her and she calls back from the kitchen.

"Eat quickly." She puts a plate of soup in front of me, because she knows I am a bit in a hurry to leave and I begin to eat. "Do you have everything?" I nod while swallowing a spoonful of hot, but delicious soup. "Everything packed?" I nod again.

"Don't worry, Nan. I have everything packed."

"The sleeping bag?"

"Yes." I reassure her and she chuckles, probably realizing she's thinking too much.

"Okay, good." She claps her hands. "Now eat. I am not letting you go anywhere without lunch." I giggle and finish the soup. She quickly replaces the plate with another one. This one has chicken and rice on it and I immediately dig in. "Now call if you need anything. And please don't starve. You guys must eat, okay?"

"Nan, we are not going to go play Survivor."

"Okay, you're right." Toby comes into the room and grabs a glass of juice.

"I wish I could go with you." He whines to me.

"Maybe when you're older." He immediately smiles a huge grin, which makes me smile as well.

I am done eating and I run up the stairs to my room. I check if I have everything with me before changing into shorts and a simple blue tank top. On my feet are of course the black Converse.

Pillow? I got it.

Sleeping bag? I got that too.

Okay, that's it. At least I think. I hear a car's honk in front of my house. Chace and Alec are here to pick Sam and me up. I grab everything in my hands and go down the stairs. Nan and Toby are waiting for me by the front door.