11 - "Get off me, you dugong."

It took me a full 3 hours to clean my room. I had to; otherwise I wasn't allowed to go to the party tonight. At first, I didn't want to start cleaning and I just dealt with the fact I am not going (not that I would mind, too). But as soon as I texted Sam I will not be able to make it, he almost jumped through my bedroom window, making me scream in the process – I had to tell my Nan I saw a spider. He kept convincing me to start cleaning and he kept going on and on how tonight is going to be amazing and I'd want to go. So, eventually I started to clean.

But now, that the room is clean and my back aches, I go take a shower. The party is two hours away and Nina is going to come over some time now, so we can get ready together and all that girly stuff we do.

When I am done with my shower, I see Nina lying on my bed when I enter the room. She brought her make-up bag and I know this isn't going to be okay for me. She's going to make me put on make-up and I don't want her to. Yes, I will put on some make-up, but not as much as she expects me to.

"Finally! I thought you'll never step out from under the water." She gets up from the bed and goes to her bag, pulling out a few dresses. I hope she isn't going to make me wear one of those.

"We have plenty of time to get ready." I close the curtains, just in case Sam decides to peak while we change.

"Okay then which dress should I wear?" I glance to the bed and three dresses are across it, one next to the other.

"I like the purple one." I point to it.

"Okay, so the purple one's out." She tosses the dress from the bed to the table. I roll my eyes at her with a sigh leaving past my lips. "I think I will just put on the black one, the other one makes me a bit fat."

She picks up the black dress, which reaches her mid-thigh and has mid length sleeves. Nina's slim and can literally wear anything. I am not saying I am fat, because I am not. I like my body the way it is – a little bit of butt and good boobs.

"What are you wearing?" She asks as she starts to slide the dress on.

"Um ..." I walk to my dresser and open it.

"Don't you even dare bring out some light jeans and a band t-shirt, because I will light them up, I swear." She quickly says while pointing her index finger at me.

"Chill out, woman." I say defensively. "I am not wearing that," I bring out the desired piece of clothing and hold it up for Nina to see. "This is what I am wearing." It's a gray colored dress with mid length sleeves. Imagine a shirt, just longer. I dress myself in the dress and it reaches my mid-thigh, just like Nina's does.

"I am so proud of you that you're not wearing jeans to a party." She pretends to fake cry in happiness while I go to the bathroom, so I can put on make-up. "Can I please do your make-up, Nicky?" She followed me to the bathroom.

"No." I tell her up straight.

"You are so mean, you know that?" She stomps her foot. "No guy is going to want a mean girlfriend, you know."

"Good, so they know what to expect." Nina rolls her eyes and disappears into my room, probably to do her own make-up.

I put on some foundation, concealer, mascara and a nude matte lipstick, which is pretty old, but still useful. I brush through my hair and I am ready. Nina's probably still doing her eye make-up, while I am done with my entire look. I go get my shoes – black Dr Martens. I am a person who doesn't do high heels. I don't mind them, but I do not want to wear them to a party, where I will probably want to dance.

I come into my room and I am right, Nina's still doing her eye make-up. I don't pay attention to her, since she's more concentrated on getting her eyeliner wings even than she's concentrated during a test in school. Yeah, she's not the brightest of students.