24 -"I would if I didn't sound like a run over cat."

We've all eaten by now. Everyone is sitting in the circle around the fire, which is keeping us warm. The night has already fallen and it got cold again. Everyone is wearing long sleeves.

Alex is softly strumming the acoustic guitar the guys brought with. The soft tune set everyone to relax. That's the only sound heard around. I don't recognize the song, though. But Alex is humming along.

I have my head leaned against Sam's shoulder and my eyes are closed. Sam and I were close as friends (we still are), so there's no harm in having my head on his shoulder. We even cuddled together a couple of times, so that's safe to do as well. We just have to be careful none of us tries to kiss one another. I wanted to do that before, but as soon as I saw Sam's glare, I backed away. Then Sam tried to hold my hand after my incident and it was my turn to back away and glare warningly at him. All in all – it's not easy hiding my feelings for the douche in front of our friends.

"Does anyone know the lyrics to Hey There Delilah?" Alex asks once he stops strumming the guitar.

"Nicky does." Nina says immediately. I open my eyes and lift up my hand. "It's one of her favorite songs."

"Would you like to sing along?" Alex asks.

"I would if I didn't sound like a run over cat." And that's the truth.

"It can't be that bad." Sam nudges me.

"I heard you sing, Nicky. Your voice isn't so horrible that all windows would break." Nina tries to persuade me. I shake my head, not really wanting to.

"Just give it a try, okay?" Alex says and begins playing the song.

I take a few deep breaths as I listen to the music, waiting for my turn.

"Hey there, Delilah,
what's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away,
but, girl, tonight you look so pretty,
yes, you do.
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear, it's true ...
"

I start the song slowly, trying to control my voice during. I am trying to sound as pleasant as I can the whole time.

"A thousand miles seems pretty far,
but they've got planes and trains and cars,
I'd walk to you if I had no other way.
Our friends would all make fun of us,
and we'd just laugh along because we'd know
that none of them have felt this way.
Delilah, I can promise you
that by the time that we get through,
the world will never ever be the same,
and you're to blame ...
"

That was my favorite part of the song, so I tried to sing it as good as I can, because I also want to show to myself I can sing one of my favorite songs fairly good. Everyone is looking at me in silence.

"Oh, it's what you do to me,
Oh, it's what you do to me,
What you do to me, oh oh, woah, woah
Oh woah, oh,
Oh.
"

I finally end the song. Everyone is still quiet, no one saying a word. I glance around and their eyes are on me. My cheeks heat up and I look at the ground.

I feel Sam's arm around my shoulders, bringing me close to him. I look up and see he is smiling. "That was great, kitty."

"No, it wasn't." I say.

"Are you kidding me, Nicky?!" Nina bursts out. "Your voice is even better than I remember it being."

"It was really good." Alec says and Chace nods, agreeing with him.

"I sound like a retarded seal, guys." Everyone laughs at my comparison.

"No, you don't, kitty." Sam goes against my word.