Chapter 3 ✨

(Revised Chapter) 12/3/2020

Today is the day I become a genin, well that is if I don't crumble under the pressure of the test we all have to take to take the next step in our journey.

I'm so nervous, feeling fluttering butterflies in my stomach as I re-braid my hair over and over again.

Gosh, I should probably get going by now, Iruka-sensei would kill me if I'm late!

Rolling on my thigh high socks and slipping on my ninja sandals, I rush next door to see Naruto still in his pajamas! "Naruto what are you doing?! Put your jumpsuit on we're going to be late!" I urge, shaking my head at the blonde.

Because of this, he snaps out of his drowsy state and consequently falls off of his bed, hehe oh well!

"Oops! Alright, I'm gonna get changed now, I think you should turn around," he speaks with his cheeks turning red as he trails off. I do as told and face the wall.

Within a minute Naruto pokes my shoulder, we have no time to spend here so I once again grab onto his hand and practically drag him along with me as I run to the academy.

"Haru You're going to fast slow down!" He whines from behind me, to which I shake my head, in denial "No Naru! You're just being a slowpoke!"

I laugh when I heard him growl at my statement but before we could move on, we arrive at the academy.

I arrive smiling brightly, exposing my slightly sharpened canines as Naruto appears by my side moments later with his hands on his knees.

"You should really work on cardio Naru," I claim, jokingly, patting his hair as he pants tiredly. He murmurs something in reply but I barely listen at the moment, it's not that I meant to ignore his words, but the feeling of someone brushing past me distracts me entirely.

I look to see who it was, only for a small frown to form on my face.

Ah, it's an old friend of mine.

Sasuke seemed angrier than usual, glaring at just about anything that crossed his path (Including me) as he walked past me. Despite not being as close as we once were, I can't help but worry a bit because of this.

I don't think I've ever seen him genuinely smile in the past two years!

I miss the old Sasuke, the one that was fun to be around! This 'too cool for everyone' attitude gets on my nerves sometimes!

I brush it off and turn back to Naruto who has an irk mark clearly on his forehead. "Were you listening to me at all?!" He questions suspiciously to which I smile sheepishly.

"Would you be mad if I said no?" Naruto deadpans at my expression, but before he could give me a piece of his mind, Iruka sensei comes out to the front of the class and starts calling everyone so that we could go inside.

I sigh albeit a bit nervously. "Okay! Let's get this over with."

--At the testing site--

"Okay Haru you just need to make two other clones of yourself and you pass." I nod with a small smile on my face. Oh, thank god they aren't asking for the transformation jutsu! I haven't perfected it entirely, so I would've just turned invisible again!

I put my hands together and focus on my chakra control. At the release of my chakra, a big poof formed in the room, and when it clears there were five other me's. Not two, not three, but five!

Iruka sensei nods proudly with a smile on his face, analyzing my great display of chakra control. For this jutsu, at least.

I glanced over at the other man, Mizuki I think his name is? He doesn't seem as proud, but instead eyes my clones with a smirk of mischief on his face. "Good job Senj-"