Part 55 ✨

I stare in complete and utter terror as I watch the old man I grew up with take his final breath. "N-no way." I breathe out, completley ignoring Orochimaru's yells of protest over the lack of use in his arms. I drop down my knees and blink once, staring at the third hokage.

He's. . . Dead?

The red crystal around me breaks off into millions of shimmering pieces. A beautiful affect for a tragic moment. I fall from my knees to my butt and quietly stare at the body of the now dead old man.

I've unknowingly dealt with death all my life, but death is much easier when you didn't know the person who died. "This is where I call off the mission, release the barrier we'll head back." Orochimaru orders, even though it feels like I can't hear.

I watch helplessly as the barrier disappears and Orochimaru's goons carry him away.

I start to stand slowly, never taking my eyes off of the old man in the process. My knees shake and I instantly find my way back on the floor, not finding the strength in myself to actually move.

He was killed by his own disciple, what type of world do I live in?! "H-Haru." I hear a weak, yet deep voice call. My head snaps to the old man's body and gasp in surprise. What?!

I quickly use all the energy possible to get up and run to the hokage's body. I fall down right next to him and kneel. My jaw drops as I realize he's still conscious. "You're alive! I'll get you help dont worry we'll-" A cough of blood interrupted my frantic talking. The hokage's eyes dont open but I know he's still alive.

"I trust you with the village." He says making my cogs in my head start spinning. "W-what do you mean?" I watch at the ends up his mouth quirk upwards the slightest bit. "My time here is *cough* done. And now it's your *cough* turn." He says making me feel even more confused.

"Huh?! What do you mean?"

I watch him take a hagged breath. "Not now, but I *cough* trust you with Konoha." He breathes out. I say nothing else as I watch him take one last breath. "N-No dont leave us!" I screech grasping onto his shirt and looking around desperately. "I may have been a brat to you but you can't leave! Not yet! Y-You can't! I'll be good! Please don't leave!" I say as tears start blurring up my vision.

My jaw drops as I feel his pulse and realize that nothing's there. No!

"She's alive!" I hear a random voice say. I don't bother looking at whoever approached me as he helps me stand up. "T-Tenzo sensei?" I ask as I feel my body get lifted from the ground. "Shh dont talk now, you're in a state of shock." He says, carrying my bridal style away from the hokage's corpse.

I look around the village as it flashes by and gape at the amount of damage caused by the attack. My eye's wonder off to Tenzo sensei and look at him with zero emotion  "What just happened?" I weakly whisper, earning a deep sigh from my wood style sensei.

Tenzo sensei shakes his head, not saying anything at all, I feel familiar chakra signatures waver near us. "Stop!" I command quickly snapping out of my dazed state and jumping out of my sensei's arms.

"Haru? What are you doing we need to get you to the hospit-"

"My team! They're near us! I need to know if they're okay!" I say in a frazzled tone before running away from my sensei at a pace I didn't think was possible for myself. I clench my teeth as I push myself to run faster, completely ignoring tenzo sensei's calls.

"Sakura!" I yell immediately noticing my pink haired teammate at the top of a tree, unconscious, and ready to fall to her death. I immediately jump in attempts to grab her but was beat by a certain Uchiha that managed to get to her first. I watch as he places her on a branch with some dog, what the? Whose dog is that?

Almost instantly registering my presence, Sasuke turns around and makes eye contact with me. "where have you been?" He asks, jumping on the same branch I'm on and away from the dog. I breath out a sigh of relief "You're alive!" I happily say grabbing onto his shoulder's and pulling him into a hug.

He's not dead!

I feel Sasuke immediately tense up and I pull away from him "What? Of course I'm alive what happened?" He asks looking my solemn face. I shake my head, feeling as if saying it out loud would really confirm what I just witnessed. He grabs my arms and pulls me into a seating position across from himself. "What happened?" He asks once again.

I take in a sharp breath, almost immediately regretting the next few words. "H-hes dead Sasuke!" I say placing my hand over my mouth. He grabs my hand it pulls it away from my face "Who's dead Haru?" He urges, looking at me without an ounce of emotion as usual. "The hokage! He's dead!" I say. I can't stop myself as tears well up in my eyes and start freely falling down my cheeks.

Sasuke's eyes widen at this and I pull him back into a hug. "J-just comfort m-me you idiot." I say crying into his shoulder, not caring that all those weird marks are around him at the moment. "At least you kept your promise." I hiccup, looking ridiculously pitiful. Sasuke stays as immobile as a board, super tense and super awkward.

"He died right in front of me and I couldn't help him!" I cry, glancing up from his shoulder only once to wipe away tears from my eye. The guilt is clearly starting to eat me up. I was right there! Why didn't I do anything to prevent this?!

"I-It was the damn snake!" I say, now starting to get angrier than sad. Sasuke seemed to become much more interested at this. "The what?" He asks, looking at me with an arched brow.

I pull myself off of his shoulder and sniffle pathetically. "Orochimaru, h-he killed him." I say, not being able to look into the eyes of my teammate as I say this.

"Y-you better stay away from him!" I say, now playfully slapping his hand. His rolls his eyes at me and smirks. My lip quirks up a bit at this "You promise you won't get involved with him?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest and tilting my head at him.

Sasuke looks away from my eyes quickly and opens his mouth to respond but we're interrupted by the dog who's on the branch with Sakura. "Guys sorry to interrupt but shouldn't you be looking for Naruto and Gaara?" He asks, my eyes widen and I immediately jump up, grabbing Sasuke's hand in the process.

"He's right let's go!" I sat before pulling Sasuke in a random direction. He quickly stop's me and pulls me in the opposite direction. "They're this way Senju." He says making me narrow my eyes at his back. Ugh!

Now that I look back, you never really did promise me anything.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey y'all sorry I know this chapter is super short lolol. I just really wanted to put this out there, and I hope you all got the MAJOR hint about Haru's future that I gave out in the chapter.

The purpose of this chapter is to literally give you that hint.

I hope you all like what I'm doing with her character in shippuden!

Let me know how you all feel about this chapter! Just so y'all know, this book is closer to it's ending than it's beginning so *cries*

I hope you all got the hint! Guess what it is in the comments!

Anyways, I'll see you all next chap! (Which will be up soon)