Chapter 39 ✨

After leaving Sasuke's room, I met with a confused Shinji. "Okay that's it, what's wrong?" He asks once again leaving me in an awkward position. I should tell him right?

I sigh and close my eyes. "We should talk about this in a more private place." I say, talking about Itachi with ears on the walls could be dangerous.

Shinji then looks me and smirks. A huge flock of ravens surrounded us out of nowhere and we were gone, now in a whole other place. I look around and it seems to be a cave, with beautiful crystals inside spiking in all directions. "This is a private place." He says walking on a lake inside the cave which was connected to a beautiful waterfall. "What is this place?" I marveled touching the colorful crystals that decorated the dark cold walls.

"Welcome to the Oshiro Clan area." He says smiling at my shocked face. This place is gorgeous! "The Oshiro clan....lived underground?" I ask in amazement. He nods silently then points to the waterfall. "If you walk though the waterfall you get to go to the Housing areas. This here was considered a training ground." I walk over to him, and slowly walk on the glowing waters, still pretty nervous about walking on water.

He notices this and runs over to me grabbing my hand. "Don't worry little sister I won't let you fall." He laughs noticing my concentrating expression. We finally managed to get to the center of the lake. "Isn't the clan summoning ravens?" I ask.

He nods and points in a far off direction in the cave that leads to the outside world. "We train with our ravens inside and outside the cave. Only people with Oshiro blood can come in here so the opening isn't really a problem for us." He explains. I nod with my mouth slightly open. This is so cool.

"What's that over there?" I ask pointing towards a section of the lake that turns into separate streams of water heading in different directions. Shinji looks in that same direction and sighs.

"Well....It's a place for more.....advanced training." He says hesitantly noticing my curiosity increase. "It looks dark." I say stating the obvious.

"Thats because it's extremely dark, you can't see when you go in there." He says. I stop talking about it, deciding to ask more about this place later. My face turns serious, and Shinji let go of me so we are both facing each other, calmly standing on the waters. "I guess you wanna know about why I freaked out." I saw looking down at my painted black toenails. That's when I noticed, Shinji also has black nail polish on!

Wait wait I can't get distracted. "To make a long story short I'll just try to explain. So I was friends with Sasuke, Itachi's little brother, since we were really little kids. But Itachi was the one who helped me a lot. He bought me food all the time, bought me new clothes, and took me out of the orphanage whenever it was possible.

So Itachi was like a big brother to me! And when he killed his clan I could not believe it. Not him. Never Itachi! I tried talking to Sasuke about it but that ultimately ended up destroying my friendship with him. And I may or may not wish that Sasuke and I were still friends, so being with Itachi would feel like I'm betraying Sasuke. Get it?" I say noticing my brothers surprised expression.

"Wow." He says taking in all the new information I just gave him. "Itachi sensei never told me about a brother." He says, I don't really know how to react to that.

"I mean the guy doesn't really talk much, I call him sensei because he trains me every once in a while and I actually respect him. He's really strong." Shinji says now praising him. I nod with a blank expression. Well.....I would expect Itachi to be way stronger by now.

He stopped walking abruptly and his face turns blank. Almost as if he's listening to someone talk. After a moment of silence he turned his face to look at me with a sorry smile. "Sorry Haru, I know we just recently met and came here but I have a mission to attend." I narrow my eyes but nod nonetheless, what type of missions would he even have?