Part 57 ✨

"Kakashi sensei what's this all about? I was training before I came here." I say slowing down my pace as I approach my teacher.

"That's great to hear, we're waiting for one more person." My eyebrow arches at this. "Kakashi, it strange for you to be here first." A familiar voice says whilst approaching us.

I whirl around and place my hands on my hips. "C'mon sensei first you invite me for dango then you invite Sasuke, what's all of this?" I say, whining a bit at the end. Sasuke seems genuinely surprised at my presence and looks at Kakashi sensei again, this time with a more questioning look.

"Is this a team meeting? Where's Naruto and Sakura?" Sasuke asks. Kakashi sensei smiles at us and gestures to the inside of the dang shop. "Why all of the questions guys? I'd like to hang out once in a while you know."

I shake my head at the grey haired jounin. "Oh please Kakashi-sensei, Sasuke is a debby downer and doesn't like sweets." I say, getting irked by Sasuke's surprised look. I narrow my eyes at him. "What? I have good memory." I say defensively.

I pause when I notice Kakashi give a slight nod to Kurenai and Asuma sensei before they both dissapear, cautiousness eatched into their faces. Did they seriously think I wouldn't notice? Somethings off. . .

My eyes wonder to the inside of the dango shop where I feel two faint chakra signatures, my eyes widen slightly and nerves start wrecking though my body when I sense an all too familiar presence. "No way." I say to myself, catching Kakashi's attention.

I see now, this is a distraction for Sasuke because he's here. Very smart I'll give Kakashi's sensei that. I smile at the two and begin walking off "Well I do love dango but I have a. . . book to read. . . yeah bye!" I say before running off in the opposite direction. Sasuke looks at my retreating figure weirdly and turns to Kakashi sensei "what's up with her?"

Kakashi's sensei stares at my retreating figure with a twitching eye. 'Damn it, she's too quick at catching on for her own good.' he thought.

••••••

"I knew it!" I whisper yell to myself from behind a tree. I watch he confrontation between Itachi and the taller one with Kurenai and Asuma. My blood turns cold at the sight of Itachi, not believing that after all these years he has the guts to show up in the leaf village.

What's he even here for? Sasuke? That would be terrible and would probably make Sasuke more of a emotional wreck than before. "You guys aren't from the village, why on earth did you come?" Asuma cooley asks. My gaze switches to the other two as I with for their answer.

This is really tense.

"I haven't seen you in a while Asuma, Kurenai. You too Haru." Itachi says to which I nearly fall off my tree. I hide my chakra signature and he still manages to find me, is my hiding spot too obvious? Kurenai tenses up and looks straight at me to which I let out a nervous chuckle. Oh no.

"If you know about us, are you a former leaf shinobi?" Asuma asks, ignoring the mention of my name. I facepalm at that, I literally figured it out his identity in 0.2 seconds and he still hasn't?!

I jump down from the tree and cast my eyes to Asuma and Kurenai, not even knowing how I'd react to seeing Itachi for the first time in so many years.