Chapter 25

~Ashton's POV~

Calum didn't say anything, he just looked blankly at me.

"Mate answer my question. This could change if she lives or not." I spoke trying not to talk to loud.

"How did you find out?" Calum looked up at me.

"That's all you have to say? Just answer my question!" I spat.

"I will, once you answer mine." He glared at me.

"Fine, when I was changing her clothes I saw the scars. I know she use to cut, which we can't change now because that had to do with her family problems back then. But I was looking at them and there are some newer ones that can't be any older than a few weeks. Now explain." I stared into his eyes.

"Ok fine. I have known, but the reason she did it is because of how you guys treated her when you were drunk. I had to force her to show me but after that she broke and explained everything while crying. She begged me not to tell you and-"

"And you didn't want to tell me my daughter cuts?!" I raised my voice a little, but still not enough for them to be able to hear from downstairs.

"No Ashton listen. I know I didn't tell you and I probably should have-"

"No sh*t" I scoffed.

"Listen to me. I made a deal with her that I wouldn't tell you guys as long as she stops. I have been checking her wrists everyday and I flushed all the blades she had. I'm also checking her room every now and then for more blades but I haven't found any." Calum said softly.

"Ok listen Calum, I get it but she could be cutting other places and she could be keeping a blade on her." I said.

"Well even if I did tell you how else would you check? And I don't want to lose her trust." He looked down at his feet.

"Fine I will make a deal with you. I will tell the boys to pretend they don't know and I will do the same, but you have to pat her down everyday for blades and check every part of her body that she could cut." I looked at him.

"So you just want me to casually walk up to her, pat her down, then be like oh you have to strip down now?" He asked.

"Yes. You will take her to her room everyday and check, got it?" I asked.

"But-"

"Or I tell her I know." I cut him off.

"Fine." He got up to head downstairs.

"I will tell the boys now and you bring her to her room and check, got it?" I spoke before he left.

"Ok." He muttered heading down stairs, me following.

"Hey Megan, can I talk to you in your room?" Calum asked.

"Yeah sure." She followed him up to her room. The minute I heard the door close upstairs I spoke up.

"Guys listen you have to pretend you don't know." I said looking at both of them.

"About her cutting?" Michael asked.

"Yes." I spoke softly.

"Why are we just pretending we don't know?" Luke asked.

"I made a deal with Calum he is going to check everyday and pat her down. Once he is done up there we will eat and then Luke, you and Megan can head out." I said. "Oh and Michael she said she wanted to do her surprise tomorrow." I said walking into the living room.

~Megan's POV~

I followed Calum up to my room, when we got in the room he pushed me to the middle of the room then closed and locked the door before walking towards me.

"Cal why did you have to lock the door?" I asked kind of scared.

"I have to do the daily check." He narrowed his eyes at me. I just accepted it and rolled my sleeves up. "Ok, none on the wrists, now take off your clothes." He said blankly.

"Why?" I asked tears started to build up.

"Megan I have to check. I just want to make sure, then I'm going to pat you down for blades. I promise I won't hurt you I just want to help you." He spoke softly starting to hug me.

"O-o-k" I stuttered. I started pulling my shirt over my head as Calum looked at me. I got super self conscious all of a sudden. I had a tank top on under my sweater so I had to take that off to. I started to unzip my jeans so Calum could look at my thighs. My heart started beating a lot faster as Calum reached his hands out to me, I flinched and he backed up a bit.

"Sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." He muttered.

"Y-you didn't." I said as he started to walk towards me again. He turned me around to check the back of my arms and everything.

"Ok, you can put your clothes back on now, I will pat you down after." He said as I put my clothes back on. Once I was done he patted me down which didn't take long. "Ok princess let's go back downstairs." He smiled at me. He walked out of the room and I followed. All the boys were talking about tour as we walked down, when they saw us they turned and smiled.