Selfish||n.maloley

"Don't make ms choose between you two!" Nate says loudly.

"I don't want to see my best friends self destruction. I've stayed and I've tried and I can't do this anymore." I cry out.

"Stop being selfish Y/n!" He screams crying.

"It's ether her or me." I say.

"Stop being so selfish!" He screams. He's breaking my heart, seeing that he's harming our friendship. There's tears running down his face and he looks so hurt, worried, angry and lost.

I take a deep breath and make the decision for him. "I'll make it easier for you. I shouldn't be an option. Goodbye Nate." I say walking away.

*
It's been a few weeks with out my best friend Nate and to be honest it's lonely. I mean he wasn't my only friend, it's just he was one of my closest.

"Come on Y/n I'm not going to let you mop around for your ex best friend!" My friend Ally says.

"I don't want to go out." I complain.

"No we're going. Now come one! You're going to shower and get ready! I don't want to see you like this you're my friend. I hate seeing you like this." She says.

"Fine!" I give up.

"Go shower I'll pick out your outfit." She says.

*

"I'm done

"I'm done." I say walking out of my room.

"Finally!" She says. I roll my eyes at her comment.

"Where to?" I ask her.

"That my friend is a surprise." She grins at me.

"I hate you." I roll my eyes.

"Oh shit it." She laughed.

"How am I your friend?" I ask rhetorically.

"Because hoe you love me. Duh." She says. 

*

"Bye Ally." I wave her goodbye and make my way to the door of my house. I notice someone sitting on my steps with their head hanging low, they have a man bun. I notice it's Nate.

"Y/n." Nate whispers once he looks up.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"I came to see you." He says.

"Why? So you can call me selfish?" I say walking by him. "Again?" I turn around and look at him.

"Can we talk?" Nate asks.

"We're talking aren't we?" I ask.

"You know what I mean." Nate says.

"Nate if you excuse me I have things to do." I say trying to unlock my door.

"Just like that?" He asks.

"Just like what?" I ask irritated. "You want me to make you coffee or tea and invite you inside and be a hypocrite. After you chose your girlfriend over your dam best friend!" I breathe out loudly. "Well news flash Nate it doesn't work that way! So I don't think you expected me to welcome you with wide open arms. So if you excuse me, have a nice day." I say walking inside the house as I was about to close the door but he stops it.

"No, we're not done talking." He says.

"Oh yes we are." I say.

"Jesus Christ Y/n! Let me talk." He says.

"Fine I'll give you five minutes." I say.

"Can I enter?" He asks.

"Fine." I open the door wide enough for him to enter. I close the door after her comes inside and we make our way to the living room.

"I'm sorry I was such an asshole and I chose her over you. When you were there for me when she wasn't, you were there for wins and my losses. You're my main girl, my best friend, my ride or die." He says.

"Why are you saying this?" I ask him, my eyes are tearing up.

"Cause I was so unfair, I was being selfish. I didn't notice I was hurting my main girl. My best friend, my everything. I was blinded." He says with teary eyes. "I'm sorry best friend." He says with a shaky voice.

"I missed you." I pull him into a hug.

"I missed you so much." He hugs me tightly. "We're all good now." He pecks my right temple. "Right?" He asks in confirmation. I nod my head.

"Of course." I whisper quietly.

Words//684//
Hopefully y'all like AND had an amazing thanksgiving or happy holidays if y'all don't celebrate it.
Updated: November 25, 2016