Properties|| D. Luh

"Are you keeping the Malibu beach house?" Derek asks.

"No it's been in your family for generations." I say.

"What about the house in Texas?" He asks.

"That's wasn't ours, I got that for my parents." I say.

"Do you want to keep the house we have in Anaheim?" He asks.

"Can't you understand that anything that belongs to you or your family I don't want. Keep the properties you bought and I'll keep the ones I bought." I say.

"What about the pets?" He asks.

"You keep the ones you had before me. I'll do the the same." I say.

"So this is how you guys are splitting things?" My sister Amanda asks, she's also my lawyer for if things get dirty.

"Yeah the sooner we finish the sooner I leave." I say.

"Well just take everything since you want to leave already." He says annoyed.

"I don't need anything from you." I say. "You know what lets just hurry, I have things to do." I say rolling my eyes.

"You always do this." Derek says. I raise my eyebrows. "You make me feel like shit." He says with hurt in his eyes. I give my sister the look to leave the room. She gets the signal and leaves the room.

"Derek I just can't keep anything, you know me. You out of everyone know me the best." I say as my hand runs through the books on the shelves on the walls. We're in the library in our house.

"I'm sorry I hurt you, I'm sorry I hurt our relationship." He says.

"It was me too Derek, it's not just you. I need to focus on me, focus on you. I love you Derek but please don't stop living. Don't wait on me." I say.

"You can't tell me that you love me and then tell me not to wait on you." He says with tears in his eyes. "It hurts here." He says placing his hand over heart.

"Who's keeping this house?" I ask looking around the library, I avoid eye contact cause I know I'll began to cry and I don't want to cry.

"We bought it." He whispers.

"I don't want to keep cause I might get angry and sell it." I say honestly.

"Y/n, so far you've given me everything, you have nothing from us." He says. "I want you too keep this house, you have your library. You read and write here. I remember you finished your first novel here, it was about an independent girl who feel completely in love with her work, she feel for the asshole who worked with her father. It was a love hate relationship." He says making my eyes water.

"Shut up please." I say, my voice cracks. 

"You used our proposal as their proposal." He says making the tears shed.

"It fit at the time, it was what made sense to me. " I looking at him.

"Please Y/n, keep this one. It's for you, it fits for you. If we don't find our way back tell your kids and grandkids the story behind this house. How you made me fall in love with you every single day again. Tell them how you finished your novel, how this house made millions of fans happy for you finishing the book." He says making me cry more. "Don't sell this house, it's yours and I won't take no for an answer." He says. I nod my head, he convinced me. "I fell in love with you because you're independent and amazing and you're so caring. You're a good hearted girl." He kisses my forehead.

Words//606//
Hope you guys enjoyed.Don't forget to vote, comments and share, along with reading my stories I appreciate it. Guys request are open, dm me or comment down below.
Updated: July 11, 2017