Fool-P.2||Jack J.

We've been on a cruise for about 2 weeks and I'm slowly getting over Johnson. I don't cry when I think of him or if I see his name on my phone. I still feel my heart constricting when he's mentioned but I am getting over him.

The first few days of the cruise, Jack and I spent them by the pool, talking, laughing and eating junk food. Not having a care in the world. We only left the ship when we wanted to explore the cultures and taste the food or when we wanted to go clubbing.

It was currently around 9 am. I was heading over to a cute little restaurant on the ship called The Amaryllis to meet up with Jack. This restaurant had the best pancakes on earth so it was no wonder that it was full. Luckily, I managed to snag a table right when the people were getting up to leave.

I only had to wait a few seconds for a waiter to come by and take my order.

While I waited for my food, I checked my phone in case Jack had texted me.

From Jack:"Hey, Bestfrieeeend. Won't be able to make it to breakfast. I'm with the cutie from the other night. Let's do lunch instead."

I sighed, typical Jack, always got caught up by something or someone.

To Jack:"Don't worry, have fun and use protection!! I'll see you at Raymond's later."

Suddenly I hear a chair being pulled back as someone sits in front of me. A very attractive someone.

"I hope you don't mind but can you pretend to be my girlfriend for the duration of your meal." The cute stranger pleads.

I am momentarily stunned, I just look at him as if he's grown another head. He glances around nervously, as he turns back to look at me.

"Why?" I blurt out, eyes wide. I'm starting to question this guy's sanity.

"Well, my ex-girlfriend, who never mentioned that she'd be on this cruise ship is in fact on this very same cruise ship and she's right across from us. She's the one with the red dress and diamond necklace. To my right." He looks at me with urgency as if he could mentally will me to agree to play along with him.

I debate on whether to agree or not when I realize that I'll probably never see this guy again, and he didn't seem like a bad guy.

"So boyfriend, care to tell me why you're trying to avoid your ex?" I ask as I lean back in my chair, a smirk resting upon my lips. He seemed relieved at my answer and he too leaned back in his chair.

"If you must, girlfriend," he put an emphasis on girlfriend with a small chuckle, "I broke up with her because I didn't feel the same for her as I did. The feelings that I had for her were no longer there, she didn't take the break-up to well and she would go to my house daily, to 'fix us' but there wasn't anything to fix." he finished off with a sigh.

Just as he finished explaining the waiter came by with my food. Before he could leave I motioned for him to stay,"Are you going to want something to eat?" I asked my 'boyfriend' as I turned to look at him.

"Sure." he preceded to give his order and then turned to look at me. "By the way, my name's Mason. In case you were wondering." he chuckled, running his fingers through his hair.

"Y/N. It's such a relief to finally know my boyfriend's name." I say with a playful smile.

He lets out another laugh as his food arrives. We talk all throughout our meal and he even offers to walk me back to my room.

"I can't thank you enough for helping me avoid Freya back there, you are a serious lifesaver" he nudges me with his shoulder.

"It's nothing," I wave it off with my hand, "I'm always glad to lend a helping hand." I smile as I look at him.