Chapter Two- "Watch It."

Chapter Two

"Watch It."

Bella's Point Of View-

Justin inhaled more of his cigarette and blew rings of smoke in the air, not having a care in the world. I felt like my whole body was frozen. I wasn’t sure how he knew what car I drove or why he was here but I knew that I was going to find out.

            “Hi.” I said plainly, trying to straighten out my dress.

            He didn’t say anything for what felt like five minutes. He just kept taking drags from his cigarette, his brown eyes scanning the air as the smoke evaporated. I decided to get the awkwardness out of the way since he wasn’t saying anything instead of standing there like an idiot.

            “Thank you for um… earlier today…” I whispered, my voice trailing off.

            He turned his gaze towards mine finally and it was like I could feel the electricity radiating off of him. Noticing that he still wasn’t saying anything, I shifted uneasily underneath his gaze and ran my fingers over the lace on my dress.

            “She was being a bitch.” He shrugged and hopped off the trunk. “It was nothing.”

            I watched him crunch his sneaker onto the cigarette to stomp it out and went to move around him so I could get to the driver’s side of my car.

            “Leaving already?” he smirked and stepped in front of me. “I helped you out today. The least you could do is talk to me for a second.”

            I remained still and looked away from him, not wanting to focus on how close we were to each other. I had no clue who this guy was. The parking lot didn’t have that many cars around it anymore and I didn’t feel like being here more than I had to be.

            “You don’t have to help me.” I spat back in annoyance. “I’m not a charity case.”

            His brown eyes changed colors, turning darker as he let the words I said sink in. I recognized the familiar appearance from earlier today in the hallway and I didn’t think it was a good one.

            “Why are you getting smart?” he hissed, his words hitting me like ice.

            “Because I don’t need help. They’ve been like that for the longest time now. I’m used to it.”

            Stepping away from him, I crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my foot on the ground, just wanting to leave. He was starting to get on my last nerve. I don’t know who he thinks he is trying to act all bad and tough because to be honest it wasn’t working.

            “You were crying.” He replied, giving me a confusing look. “Didn’t look like you were used to it to me.”

            “You don’t know me.” I said and rolled my eyes.

            “What were they talking about anyways? What’d you do?”

            Now I was officially pissed. Just because he helped me out didn’t mean he got to know everything about my life and what I’ve done. Twirling my keys around my finger, I took him by surprise and pushed him to the side so I could get by.

            “Hey.” He seethed, grabbing my wrist. “Watch it.”

            I winced as his nails dug into my skin and pulled my arm away to quickly open up the door.