Chapter Seven- "I'm Going Insane."

Chapter Seven

“I’m Going Insane.”

Bella’s Point Of View-

             “Justin! Justin please stop.” I bolted out of the classroom and chased after him down the hallway. I’m not sure what his big outburst was about but I know that I’m going to find out.  I asked Ms. Santos if I could try to talk some sense into him before she called the principal because to be honest I didn’t need him getting in trouble. Even though he hasn’t been talking to me, I still felt like I needed to be a good friend to him… or at least try to be.

            “Justin seriously? Slow down.” I tried to speed up and grab him but he whirled around and grabbed my wrist to stop me.

            “Is it true?” his brown eyes were fuming. “Are you going to the dance with Brett?”

            I wasn’t exactly sure why he was getting so pissed off about this. All I could think about was Danielle’s comment back in the classroom about him being jealous.

            “Uh…” my voice trailed off and I yanked my hand from his grasp to tuck a piece of hair behind my ear. “Yeah… it is.”

            I watched him run his fingers through his hair and lean up against the locker. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking but I knew that he probably wanted a cigarette right now because he seemed stressed. I was about to say something to him but was quickly interrupted.

            “So are you two a couple now or something?” his voice seethed with anger.

            I could feel myself start to get angry. He had no right to sit there the other day and tell me that he wasn’t interested and then get mad when I want to go to the dance with someone else. What was he expecting?

        “Justin no, we aren’t a couple. But even if we were, why the hell are you so mad about it? It’s none of your business.” 

            His demeanor changed and for a second it looked like he was almost hurt. He tore his gaze from mine and looked down the hallway to the door that led outside.

            “Please go away Bella.” He whispered and shoved his hands into his pockets.

            “Justin…” I went over to pull him towards me but he immediately stepped away from the locker and looked towards the exit.

            “Have a good time.” he muttered.

            I saw him head back down the hallway and I felt like running after him but what would the point be? I could tell at that moment that he liked me. Why was he holding back? If he liked me then he should just say something. Maybe he just didn’t want to be seen with the school slut… I mean, it wasn’t anything I haven’t dealt with before.

Justin’s Point Of View-

            God dammit I’m going insane. I kicked the leaves below my feet and continued to walk somewhere unknown. It’s the day of the dance and I couldn’t get the image of Bella dancing with Brett out of my mind. What the fuck is going on with me? I hated being in relationships. I always thought that I’d never be the guy to get in one. When I found out Bella was taking someone else to the dance I just completely lost it and didn’t know how to control myself. I can’t like her… I just can’t.