Chapter Thirty Two- "Drive Faster."

Chapter Thirty Two

"Drive Faster."

            My whole body was on fire. I could literally feel each bead of sweat trickle down my back as I ran my fingers through my hair to try and get some ounce of wind against my skin. The heating in this school was literally unbearable and I was counting down the seconds until lunch so I could just get out of here.

            The past two weeks have been nothing but good with Justin and we are honestly in the best place we’ve ever been in. He was telling the truth when he said he’d treat me how I deserved because all he’s been doing is compliment me and making me feel like I’m on cloud nine.

            “So it’s cute you guys are back together.” Danielle retorted and turned to look at us from her chair she was seated in. She was honestly so pathetic. She was willing to do anything to get under my skin.

            I decided to be the bigger person and ignore her so I could finish packing up the rest of my things because the sooner I could get into the cold air outside the better.

            “Oh wait, are you not in a relationship? Are you just spreading your legs to a friends with benefits Bella?”

            The familiar feeling of hatred that I had from her ran through each vein, coursing through my blood stream. I always got like this when she talked to me. It was like the only thing I could see was red so in order to try and calm myself down, I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out to try and get myself to breathe regularly. I’m not even sure what Justin was doing, but I’m pretty sure he was doing the same thing I was.

            “Shut up.” I muttered.

            “Aw, what Bella? Don’t be ashamed of giving it up so easily. I know it’s hard for you to get guys. I mean why-“

            Not even letting her finish, I sprung up from my chair and wrapped my fingers around her hair so I could pull her out of the seat and drag her onto the ground. Multiple gasps and screams were heard from the classmates sitting in their seats as I took her to the ground and let my fist come into contact with her jaw I don’t know how many times.

            “Class calm down!” Ms. Santos shrieked. “Bella stop!”

            I couldn’t see anything but red and I could feel the wetness of her blood on my hands but it felt good. It felt like revenge. She had this coming to her for so long that I didn’t even think about what I was doing until I felt Justin pull me back against his chest and I looked down at what I had just done. Danielle was unconscious, the blood dripping onto the linoleum floor of the school. My breathing was heavy and I could feel everyone stare at me, waiting to see what my next movement would be but I didn’t have one. I just remained where I was and watched Ms. Santos point her finger towards the door to signal for me to go to the principal’s office.

 ---------

             “Twice this year for you Ms. Latimell.” Mr. Williams noted as I sat down in front of his wooden desk without saying another word. I never expected to ever get in trouble during my high school career but then again, I never asked to be bullied either.

            “Guess so.” I replied bitterly.

            Arching his eyebrow at my bold comment, he leaned back in his leather seat and put his hands behind his head. His sarcasm wasn’t going to work well with me today so he better not use it.