Chapter Six- "Somebody's Jealous."

Chapter Six

"Somebody's Jealous."

Bella's Point Of View-

I don’t think I’ve ever felt more embarrassed. It’s been two days since Justin basically told me he wasn’t interested and I had no idea what to do. Thankfully it was the weekend so I had spent it being depressed at my dad’s house. I don’t think I’ve come out of my room the whole weekend and I felt bad because I knew my dad wanted to see me but at this point I didn’t even care. Justin made me so pissed off. I thought he liked me… I thought that’s why he cared so much but obviously I was wrong.

            “Bella.” I heard my dad knock three times on my door. “Your mom’s here.”

            Oh great. I didn’t even want to see her or go back to my stupid school.

            “Okay.” I muttered and grabbed my duffle bag off of the floor.

            As much as I wanted to forget about Justin and just forget he existed, I couldn’t. I really liked him and I could have sworn he felt the same way about me. Swinging my door open, I headed down the wooden staircase and glared at my mom standing by the door. It was always awkward when I had to leave because my mom and dad literally hated each other. They claimed that they divorced because they just didn’t feel the same anymore but I knew that wasn’t the case… there was more to it, I just didn’t know what it was.

            “Ready to go?” she opened the door, not even giving my dad a second look.

            I rolled my eyes and gave a quick hug to him before pushing my way past my mom so I could get the car. I wish my life was different and I wish I could actually have parents that could tolerate each other.

            I watched my mom slam the door shut and start the car. She seemed more irritated than usual but maybe she was just on her period or something. I remained silent, just wanting to get home already so I could go in my room and sulk.

            “How was your visit?” she spoke up, not even bothering to look at me.

            “Fine.” I muttered harshly.

            “Young lady, I don’t know what’s gotten into you lately but you need to stop with the attitude.”

            My grip became tighter around my duffle bag and I stared out the window, trying to control myself. I couldn’t deal with my mom’s bullshit right now on top of everything else.

            “I don’t have an attitude.” I spat back.

            She laughed and shook her head. “Then what do you call that?”

            “I call it not wanting to talk to my mom.”

            I was being a total bitch but I didn’t even care at this point. I just wanted to be alone right now.

            “What happened?” she asked in disgust. “Why are you being so rude to me?”

            “I’m not being rude!” I completely lost it. Her eyes grew wide at my outburst but once I started I couldn’t stop. “You keep asking me questions but when will you learn that I don’t want to talk to you? Ever since you and dad got divorced things haven’t been the same between us and you know that, so why do you keep trying? Just leave me alone and let me be.”