Chapter Twenty Three- "Don't Tell Me You Didn't Miss It."

"Don't Tell Me You Didn't Miss It." 

Justin's Point Of View-

            It felt like the wind had just been knocked out of my whole body, the air getting thinner once I saw her face. She looked different if that even made any kind of sense. It’s as if the last week I haven’t seen her she’s turned into someone else. I wanted my Bella back and I was going to do whatever it took to do that.

            “Bella.” The word left my tongue quick and nervous-like, not being able to hide how surprised I was. “I need to talk to you.”

            Her brown wavy hair came over her shoulder and the blue in her eyes pooled with pre-tears that at any second would spill over if I didn’t do something to stop them.

            “I think so too.” Turning to look at my mom, Bella stuck her hand out and sent her a shy smile, the one that always drove me crazy. “It was a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Bieber. I hope in the future we’ll have time to talk some more.”

            She said future. The word lit up my brain, making the blood flow faster though every single vein at what she had just said. She said future. Do we still have one?

            “Sweetie it was great to get to know you as well. I’m so glad Justin found some nice friends.” She looked over to me to send me a silent look of approval, which I knew she would, and returned to doing the dishes.

            I pushed open the front door and held it open for Bella as I fought the urge to grab her hand or just push her up against the wall and kiss her. It was killing me that things had changed and I just wish we could go back to the beginning when we first started dating.

            Sitting down onto the porch steps, I sat down next to her and waited for her to speak. I could say a million things at this very second but I wasn’t going to say anything she didn’t want to. The ball was in her court and whatever she wanted to do; I’d follow along with it.

            “I want you to tell me why.” She finally said. “I’ve been thinking about our conversation every single day and I just can’t think of why on earth you would do something like that. So I want you to tell me why and I don’t want you to make up some sorry excuse Justin, I want the real reason.”

            This was my chance. I’ve been waiting for her to say this for a week now and finally I was going to get the opportunity to tell her what actually happened and I couldn’t be more thankful.

            “The day that Brett asked you to the dance.” I said, my voice filled with nothing but regret. “A couple days before that I met these guys and they wanted me to go to a party. I didn’t really think much of it but when I got there, to this party, they asked me to come over the next week because they had some stuff they wanted to talk to me about. That’s when I started lying to you Bella and I couldn’t regret it more. I told you I had dinner at my mom’s and that she wanted me home for chores and that I had things to do when in reality I went to these meetings for the gang.”

            “A gang?” The word came out of her mouth with utter disgust, making my heart drop into my stomach. “Justin what the hell were you thinking?”
            “I know. I know I was stupid Bella, just please let me explain.”

            Leaning back onto her hands, she nodded for me to continue and I took a deep breath so I could explain the rest of my story.