Chapter Fifteen- "Something Like That."

Chapter 15

"Something Like That."

 Bella’s Point Of View

       “Can’t you just listen to me!”

    The sound of the slamming door behind me almost told me for certain that I should take that as a no.

            “I told you to stay away from that boy.” My mother turned around to face me, her eyes fuming with aggression. “But what was I expecting Bella? That maybe for once you’d listen to me?”

            I didn’t exactly know what to say but at this point I don’t think there’s anything I could say that would make her less angry with me. I didn’t feel an ounce of guilt for what I did because she doesn’t even know Justin. If she knew who he really was I guarantee she wouldn’t be acting like this.

            She stared at me in disbelief, waiting for me to answer, but I let the deafening silence overwhelm us. I was remaining silent on purpose because if I let myself speak I know there would be things that I’d regret.

            “You’re unbelievable.” She sneered. “I have no other choice but to ground you. I’m taking your cellphone, your car keys, and your laptop away. Are we understood?”
            My mouth dropped open once I heard her punishment. I get that what I did was wrong, but was taking away practically everything I owned the appropriate way to handle it?

            “You’ve got to be joking.” I huffed in disbelief and rolled my eyes.

            “Bella what did you think was going to happen? Did you think I would find out and be happy about this?”

            Choosing my words wisely, I gripped my satchel tighter and cleared my throat.

            “No, I didn’t.” I replied warily. “But I did think that maybe once you found out that you’d realize he must be somewhat of a good influence if I’m hanging out with him. I wouldn’t put myself around someone who I thought was a bad person and as my mother, I thought you’d know that to.”

            I think she was surprised that I wasn’t getting loud or angry with her but that still didn’t change her mood even for a second. My mother’s the type of person to never let anyone prove her wrong. Once she has her mind set on something, nobody can change it.

            “You will come straight home after school with me and you won’t be going out anywhere once you’re home. I am doing this for your own good Bella.”

            She was completely ignoring every word I was saying. It was like she couldn’t even hear my side of the story. I was trying to reason with her and be calm about the situation but she was making that extremely difficult.

            “Mom, you don’t know him.” I shot back, my voice starting to get louder. “You can do whatever the hell you want with my life. You can take away my phone, my car, and whatever else that you want, but that won’t stop the fact that I really like Justin. I still go to school with him and there’s nothing you could possibly do or say to make me stay away from him.”

            I crossed my arms over my chest and steadily tapped my foot on the ground as I watched my mother’s eyes burn into me with anger. It was actually kind of funny though because she knew there wasn’t a thing she could do to stop me. 

            “Go up to your room.” She hissed. “Now.”

            I almost laughed in her face and smiled from ear to ear. That was the only thing I wanted to do at this point so she gave me exactly what I wanted.