Chapter Four- "I Don't Know."

Chapter Four

"I Don't Know."

Bella's Point Of View- 

            “So you’d like to switch into an art class instead of a music class?”

            I was sitting in the guidance counselor’s office trying to get a schedule change. I’ve only had two days of music class and I already wanted to kill myself after listening to Ms. Watson drag on about how to tell the difference between a sharp and flat note. Art wasn’t exactly my forte but I needed this credit in order to graduate.

            “Yeah I’m sure.” I pulled my pink skirt down, avoiding his gaze. Mr. Hansen was a creep. He was in his mid fifties but he always tried to flirt with any girl that walked into his office.

            “Alright.” He smiled creepily at me before looking back down at my schedule. “In order to do that you’re going to need to switch your U.S. History class to fourth period instead of third. That way you can take Art third period.”

            I nodded to let him know it was okay, just wanting to get out of here. He honestly made me so uncomfortable. In the middle of third period I told Ms. Watson that I wanted to come down here to change my schedule. She seemed irritated but I honestly didn’t give a shit. I’d never have to see her face again.

            “If that’s all then you’re set. You’ll be in Ms. Santos’s class fourth period, it’s room 102. It’s actually fourth period now so you can just head right down there or you can stay for a couple more minutes if you’d like.” He looked me up and down, making me almost gag.

            “I’ll just go to class, thanks.” Giving him a small wave, I shut the door to his office behind me.

            Stopping by my locker, I got my textbook out for U.S. History and peeked in the mirror to try and look at myself. I took a lot of time making sure I looked good today. Not only because I wanted to make Justin regret what he said to me, but also because I just wanted to feel good about myself.

            I curled my hair in loose ringlets and braided two pieces behind my head on either side. My outfit consisted of a pair of white sandals, a short pink loose fitting skirt and a black long sleeved crop top. I spent a lot of time getting ready today but the worst part about it all was that I hadn’t even seen Justin. Maybe he wasn’t in school today.

            Walking down two different hallways, I stopped outside of room 102. I hated entering a class that was already started, it was so awkward. Turning the handle, Ms. Santos glanced at me confused and waved me inside from her position at the podium.

            “Hello, and you are?”

            I walked over to her quietly, trying to ignore the stares and whispers from the other students. I was always going to be talked about no matter where I went, it was so annoying.

            “Bella Latimell.” I replied, smiling at her. “I just got transferred into this class.”

            “Oh alright Bella well you can take a seat….” She scanned her eyes over the class. “Right in front of Mr. Bieber.”

            My whole body froze once I locked eyes with Justin. He had the eraser on a pencil in his mouth and he looked me up and down. Taking a deep breath, I walked down the aisle and stopped in front of him, trying to ignore his gaze. It was like he was looking right through me. Slimming out my skirt, I took a seat and felt my heart stop when I saw Danielle staring at me in the seat next to me, seriously?